PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Arguing with the steam bros on Reddit is a waste of time. They have spent the better part of the decade trying disregard consoles (while begging for ports of all the console games)

I am kinda having a mental breakdown. I am arguing with people for 3 hours now(mostly on reddit). Turns out:
I have a sony dick in my mouth
I don't know value of money
I should get a pc since it's cheaper
I am an idiot
I am a corporate shill who this shit was made for

Seriously... it's a hobby. If someone doesn't want it, don't get it.
For me, spending money on my passion is normal and I earn enough to support that. People don't understand that

Do yourself a favor and don't argue online, is terrible for your mental health. Most people would say thing they wouldn't say to your face, and in my experience a lot of times on reddit you are actually arguing with a teenager (let that sink in)

Also those arguments are going nowhere, are they going to convince you to stop enjoying your Playstation and play on pc? Of course not, and you are not going to convince them either.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I am kinda having a mental breakdown. I am arguing with people for 3 hours now(mostly on reddit). Turns out:
I have a sony dick in my mouth
I don't know value of money
I should get a pc since it's cheaper
I am an idiot
I am a corporate shill who this shit was made for

Seriously... it's a hobby. If someone doesn't want it, don't get it.
For me, spending money on my passion is normal and I earn enough to support that. People don't understand that

Reddit is a terrible place for PlayStation fans or gamers. It's run by Microsoft shills.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
$700 for just the digital model which increases to $800 if you want the stand and disc drive is definitely higher than I was expecting. Not for me as im perfectly happy with the base PlayStation 5 model. For those who will buy it, hope you enjoy it.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Everything on this PC that he assembled is inferior to what the PS5 will deliver. It didn't even take longevity into consideration, as the PS5 Pro will still keep getting games for a long time, while that PC will be lagging before even the PS6 comes out. And also missing many accessories for this PC
Pro is debatable (mostly bcz it's not even out yet) but we both know that PC will smash the PS5 no question.

Also what do you know about longevity? There are people out there still using GTX 1080tis from 2017. A 4070 super will last until 2029 easy

Reactions: Infinity

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Pro is debatable (mostly bcz it's not even out yet) but we both know that PC will smash the PS5 no question.

Also what do you know about longevity? There are people out there still using GTX 1080tis from 2017. A 4070 super will last until 2029 easy
PC will crush the PS5? be specific. And the PS4 2013 is still receiving many current games, these 2017 cards can only count on the luck of still being so compatible, we will probably still see in 2030 the normal PS5 running the same games of the PS6, do not think that the cards of the RTX 20 series will follow in the same way

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sony should seriously consider Blacklisting IGN
k1KuDvb.png

BHny8cx.png

GXD_1grWgAEwpXJ

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Finally able to watch the stream and wow the video pretty much highlights exactly why I think this console is useless and a what disappointment this gen has been with Sony.

Debuting the most powerful console ever by displaying PS4 cross gen games & first year launch period games.

A perfect summary of how badly Jim and Hermen fucked the pipeline for games

What a joke lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
PC will crush the PS5? be specific. And the PS4 2013 is still receiving many current games, these 2017 cards can only count on the luck of still being so compatible, we will probably still see in 2030 the normal PS5 running the same games of the PS6, do not think that the cards of the RTX 20 series will follow in the same way
Don't need to see what I need to be specific about

Nobody mentioned the rtx 20 series. I brought up 1080ti, and the guy you quoted brought up 4070 super which is 2x as fast. If the 20 series is replaced or obsolete so be it, it had a good run. Not what the convo was about.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
And of course, he really wants me to believe that that PC he found on the internet, with no guarantee, with many inferior parts and that costs 500 dollars more expensive can rival the PS5 Pro?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Exactly the PS4 has only now stopped receiving support after 11 years.

If these guys think Sony are greedy they are in for a rude awakening from GPU makers like Nvidia.

Nvidia didn’t become the third largest company in terms of Market Cap running a charity.

Yes you can argue that PS5 Pro is expensive and not worth it. Fine don’t buy it. It is optional. The Base PS5 is more than enough.

But to say a similar spec PC is a better alternative is fucking ridiculous.

What components are in the PS5 Pro? Yes you guessed it, the same as PCs.

Difference is Consoles are subsidised and returns are made elsewhere.

Not PC and their components.

Why is this even being PC alternative being discussed anyway? Has the base PS5 been discontinued or no longer supported that you now need a new system?

Typical PC and Xbox fans coming out of the woodwork with their ulterior motives.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
And of course, he really wants me to believe that that PC he found on the internet, with no guarantee, with many inferior parts and that costs 500 dollars more expensive can rival the PS5 Pro?
Hard to say when the device isn't out. Does it have 32gb of ram and a 2tb ssd? Because that GPU and CPU look identical to ehat the PS5 pro will sport if not better considering the PS5 CPU is around a ryzen 5 3600-3700 in speed and the Nvidia is guaranteed to outperform the PS5 gpu in upscaling and RT.

It is 500 bucks more expensive. I don't think anybody is going to dispute that. Cobsoles have dominated price to performance since 2022 and that is not stopping so long as GPU prices stay inflated

But to say that the PS5 pro will outperform or the PC has worse parts... its just copium

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Don't need to see what I need to be specific about

Nobody mentioned the rtx 20 series. I brought up 1080ti, and the guy you quoted brought up 4070 super which is 2x as fast. If the 20 series is replaced or obsolete so be it, it had a good run. Not what the convo was about.
You need to be specific about which PC (GPU, CPU, and RAM) you are talking about. And I brought the 20 series because it was the equivalent of the PS5 when it came out, and the PS5 Pro, in theory, would be equivalent to an RX 7700 in Ray Tracing

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Exactly the PS4 has only now stopped receiving support after 11 years.
Well, it's drying but PS4 continues getting games. This year is getting stuff like NBA 2K25 and EAFC 25, CoD Black Ops 6, compilations of classics like the recent Marvel vs Capcom or Ace Attorney or many indies.

On top of it, the very popular F2P / GaaS stuff keep supporting it, and people there also gets stuff via PS+.

If these guys think Sony are greedy they are in for a rude awakening from GPU makers like Nvidia.
Or PC/smartphone/tablets makers like Apple.

But to say a similar spec PC is a better alternative is fucking ridiculous.
Yep. In the same way that was impossible to get a PC of the same performance of a PS5 for the same price, same will apply with the PS5 Pro.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You need to be specific about which PC (GPU, CPU, and RAM) you are talking about. And I brought the 20 series because it was the equivalent of the PS5 when it came out, and the PS5 Pro, in theory, would be equivalent to an RX 7700 in Ray Tracing
I hear it will be closer to a 7800xt in performance.

Consoles squeeze a lot more juice out of the components... Especially with some of the customization.