PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
I don't care about mods or emulation anymore and i don't want to wait a year or two for Sony titles.

So for me, there's no value in spending money on a gaming PC anymore.
That's why options are good. I recommend PC but I can understand if the circumstances/preferences differ

Hope u enjoy the ps5 pro and gtavi at launch if you ever get around to buying it

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Gotta laugh at people talking at $100 more and suggesting to go pay $500 - $1000 more for a PC instead

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
$500 PS5 + $700 ps5pro + 4 years PSN = $100?
500$ ps5 + 700 pro (no psn, since I don't pay for it) is 1200usd. That's a price of 4080.
But again... what's witth he ultra minmaxing of the value proposition?
Certainly, people play console for other reasons than its price.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Holy shit, xbox/PC fanboys coming out of the woodwork here. Don't you have anything to look forward to on your platform?

Zero interest in this. Price would have been OK with a disc drive. Never got a PS4 Pro, no desire to get this so, good luck to them, I guess.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Cool and for hardcore gamers like many of us we own both. However, there are a lot of people out there that still avoid PC and just stick with a console due to the plug and play nature of the hardware. There are people that have no clue about installing mods and how it works. And for some there's still that lack of knowledge of how to build a gaming PC. Sure you can buy a prebuilt but when it comes to wanting to upgrade the parts well not every place has a Microcenter where you can drive to and have them do it for you. There is a huddle with PC that people don't want to deal with.

How is it like in the US? It's either pre build or pick up parts and build it yourself? No middle ground?

HW stores no matter how big or small typically put together the PC for you, based on the parts you picked and provide assessment on if the parts you choose are the best fit for your build.

They are actually more inclined to do that, provided you buy all parts from their store. To avoid issues with the customer.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
A console is seen as a toy. That's no toy price. That's why lots of folks are complaining about the price. Even if you take the HW it has into account.. it (kinda) makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boswollox

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So no one else is bothered that there seems to be no sign of a showcase since this would've definitely been announced at it ... I want first party games not an expensive upgraded ps5 😔
They'll have something for us soon, let's wait and see what they show there first...