PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The reason why PS5 pro is widely rejected is not the price. It is all because of the damage to the brand caused by the bad decision made by Sony. People would've been happy to buy PS5 pro if all Playstation games were still exclusives to the console and whe major developers such as Naughty Dog already released their AAA games on it. Unfortunately, most of PS5 exclusives were ported to PC and people can already see the super pro version of these games running on RTX 4090.
Many first party developers haven't released games on PS5 due to Sony either let them worked on failed GaaS or not buying enough support studios to complete these games in shorter development cycle. Also, sony not investing in more smaller scale AA/AAA games that can have short development cycles.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Imagine if Bloodborne actually gets game boost on PS5 pro and finally running at 60fps then see what will happen. Those pocket watching crybabies are gonna run out and cop the console just because of that. :ROFLMAO:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Id like Nintendo to follow a completely different approach. Just release the best hardware you can under 350 USD and focus on games and BC.

Long lead times are really becoming an issue in the gaming industry. Something's gotta give, production values mainly.

Hardware has never been an issue with the 9th generation of consoles. Even with the series S if you limit it to a 1080p 30 or 720p 60 console.
It seems like Nintendo is actually worried about releasing a new console. They have huge ups and downs and they usually have difficulty achieving two consecutive successful consoles.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FatKaz and Muddasar

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
The reason why PS5 pro is widely rejected is not the price. It is all because of the damage to the brand caused by the bad decision made by Sony. People would've been happy to buy PS5 pro if all Playstation games were still exclusives to the console and whe major developers such as Naughty Dog already released their AAA games on it. Unfortunately, most of PS5 exclusives were ported to PC and people can already see the super pro version of these games running on RTX 4090.
Many first party developers haven't released games on PS5 due to Sony either let them worked on failed GaaS or not buying enough support studios to complete these games in shorter development cycle. Also, sony not investing in more smaller scale AA/AAA games that can have short development cycles.

It's because of diminishing returns in graphics. People fail to put that into words and it goes regardless of brand or platform, also applying to PC gaming.

In the past (up to the 8th generation) a new console would bring substantial improvements in gameplay, new control schemes and the icing on the cake was better graphics. Now it's all there is...

Nintendo is clever by escaping this arms race in graphics and production values. Are we really being benefited by incremental improvements in graphics? What's the downside? Having a new release of your favourite franchise every 2 Olympic games?

Reactions: rofif

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
It seems like Nintendo is actually worried about releasing a new console. They have huge ups and downs and they usually have difficulty achieving two consecutive successful consoles.
Not to mention with the high inflation and devaluing of the yen in Japan it could present a challenge for them to price the Switch 2 at low as they want to over there.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
That’s not true. In 2016 their was more positivity around the brand and they were coming off their greatest showcase ever, and the PS4 Pro still got panned.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
My youtube is flooded with negative videos lol

I hope they keep the same energy when a new graphic card is out. Youtube and social media is all about shock factor and failures for views

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
My youtube is flooded with negative videos lol

I hope they keep the same energy when a new graphic card is out. Youtube and social media is all about shock factor and failures for views

Tell me you don't keep up with PC HW news... Almost every release of the past 4 years has been met with mid to negative reception.

• brain
Reactions: 64bitmodels

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
.l Youtube and social media is all about shock factor and failures for views
Absolutely! That's why I just stick to Mystic for PS centric news or weekly updates and ignore all the others. I'll check out BrokenGamez as well as he's pretty cool as well.

But too much sensationalism for views and mob mentality in gaming now, it's just causing so much irreparable harm to the hobby it's crazy

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Tell me you don't keep up with PC HW news... Almost every release of the past 4 years has been met with mid to negative reception.
Because price/performance hasn't gone down in over 4 years.

Thanks to crypto craze and then AI, we've basically been paying the same cost-per-FPS since 2020 with the release of RDNA2 and Ampere.
And the PS5 Pro isn't changing that either.

Gaming hardware has been kind of shit for a while.