PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's because of diminishing returns in graphics. People fail to put that into words and it goes regardless of brand or platform, also applying to PC gaming.

In the past (up to the 8th generation) a new console would bring substantial improvements in gameplay, new control schemes and the icing on the cake was better graphics. Now it's all there is...

Nintendo is clever by escaping this arms race in graphics and production values. Are we really being benefited by incremental improvements in graphics? What's the downside? Having a new release of your favourite franchise every 2 Olympic games?
There's not much more that we need from graphics. We only need cleaner image and stable performance. If people are ok with Vaseline filter and cinematic fps then good for them. It saved them alot of money

• brain
Reactions: Umar and The Icon

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Never thought I'd see the day dee batch fight this hard for something playstation lol.

Reactions: rofif

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I don't think of the pc fanboys as "insecure" but highly hypocrite.

* $700 for a whole system is too much, but $1000 for a sigle component is not that bad
* For some reason multiplatform games are a waste on console but not on pc. Consoles are only good for exclusives
* Talks about walled garden and praise pc for being an open platform but then proceeds to: "Lord gaben newell" "No steam? no buy"
* "console war is for kids" proceeds to make everything about pc vs consoles.
* Calls anyone who prefer the console experience a fanboy and becomes the most insufferable fanboy of the pc platform on earth.

Really, at this point I think I'm more annoyed about pc gamers than gaming on pc. They are the most obnoxious people in this hobby by a landslide. Im not into online gaming but im going to enjoy GTA VI online before they get it just to avoid them.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Not sure what Sony was thinking showcasing the PS5 pro with old ass games, not to mention the compression. It would’ve been better if they used multiplayer games & showcase how the game can run 90 fps/120 fps instead of 4K 60 which isn’t really noticeable or stuff really people care. For the most part 1440 upscaling is fine it’s really the frames that’s a issue w on console

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think of the pc fanboys as "insecure" but highly hypocrite.

* $700 for a whole system is too much, but $1000 for a sigle component is not that bad
* For some reason multiplatform games are a waste on console but not on pc. Consoles are only good for exclusives
* Talks about walled garden and praise pc for being an open platform but then proceeds to: "Lord gaben newell" "No steam? no buy"
* "console war is for kids" proceeds to make everything about pc vs consoles.
* Calls anyone who prefer the console experience a fanboy and becomes the most insufferable fanboy of the pc platform on earth.

Really, at this point I think I'm more annoyed about pc gamers than gaming on pc. They are the most obnoxious people in this hobby by a landslide. Im not into online gaming but im going to enjoy GTA VI online before they get it just to avoid them.
Sony chose to cater to the wrong crowd. PCMR caused alot of damage to them. It's enough that Concord failure ( and I think it is shitty game) was mainly driven by PCMR.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Not sure what Sony was thinking showcasing the PS5 pro with old ass games, not to mention the compression. It would’ve been better if they used multiplayer games & showcase how the game can run 90 fps/120 fps instead of 4K 60 which isn’t really noticeable or stuff really people care. For the most part 1440 upscaling is fine it’s really the frames that’s a issue w on console
How are they meant to show new games on PS5 Pro when we have no frame of reference for how the base version would look?

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
How are they meant to show new games on PS5 Pro when we have no frame of reference for how the base version would look?
I believe he means they should've shown some the recent releases that suffer with fps and resolution

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I believe he means they should've shown some the recent releases that suffer with fps and resolution
They showed FFVII and Hogwarts.

They should have had this as part of a larger showcase which had new games but the examples they used were fine

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I wonder if they will eventually stop including controllers like most phone companies did removing chargers :unsure:
I could see PlayStation doing that. 600 for the next gen console. Controller sold separately. Sony is going to go hard at the consumers pockets now.

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
Fuck yea. Hopefully they give me the comfy preorder email so I can secure one and not have to fight the initial wave.

Selling a PS5 that was barely used and putting it toward that. Can't wait but I hope they include the $25 BLU RAY drive.

feynoob

1 Jun 2023
To the people who are defending this price tag, remember that Sony is going to increase the ps6 price. Consoles are meant to be cheap, since they have no value other than gaming.

With PC, I can at least do so much stuff, that consoles cant. So the price I pay is justified, since I can upgrade it anytime that I want to, without losing my gaming library or other pc related activity. Consoles, not so much.

So think before you bootlick for a company. Neither company is your friend. Remember, gaming as a hobby is limited. You can lose your desire to play games as you grow up.

bye

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
To the people who are defending this price tag, remember that Sony is going to increase the ps6 price. Consoles are meant to be cheap, since they have no value other than gaming.

With PC, I can at least do so much stuff, that consoles cant. So the price I pay is justified, since I can upgrade it anytime that I want to, without losing my gaming library or other pc related activity. Consoles, not so much.

So think before you bootlick for a company. Neither company is your friend. Remember, gaming as a hobby is limited. You can lose your desire to play games as you grow up.

bye
This is basically a luxury buy; they probably don't have a deal in place at the beginning of the generation to sell 100 million units like this, so you would never get a massive price reduction.

And as for PCs, what is the equivalent price of the PS5 Pro compared to a PC with similar performance?

£1000? £1200?

Nice things are not cheap. Did you watch NX gamer's videos?