PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

I don't understand this at all. Why do gamers act like Sony has a PS5 Pro with a gun to their face. This is for the people (like me) who don't mind spending a couple extra hundred for better performance.

Why is it completely normal for PC folks to casually add parts that costs hundreds of dollars, but when console players get an upgrade. we're getting ripped off?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand this at all. Why do gamers act like Sony has a PS5 Pro with a gun to their face. This is for the people (like me) who don't mind spending a couple extra hundred for better performance.

Why is it completely normal for PC folks to casually add parts that costs hundreds of dollars, but when console players get an upgrade. we're getting ripped off?
i don't get it either, you get what you pay for.

plus, no one if forcing anyone, this is PREMIUM console, which targeting gamers, who wants MORE POWA.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
800 euro bucks for digital only...we aren't leaving this gen for years and years.

I had expected 600 and 700 with disc drive. I can't justify this...yet 😬

Quicker loading on the PS4 Pro is what got me to get a Pro along with a quieter jet engine sound. The PS5 is perfect for the casuals. The PS5 Pro is for power whores.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

That's true, there's a huge double standard.

I do feel like 700 is justifiable in some way but 800 euro is a bit too much.

But I will get when I can.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
People acting like PS5 Pro is too expensive compared to Xbox when the new 2TB Xbox is $599. PS5 Pro is much more powerful and is only $100 more than the Xbox Series X with the same amount of memory (and PS5s memory much faster)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The price is what most expected without a PS5 price cut.
Performance wise it is a small jump but can have better results with PSSR.

Reactions: Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
-Planned 40-50 games with PS5 Pro upgrades at launch, focusing on 4K/60FPS upgrades along with graphic boosts-PS5 Pro could spark a range of extra gaming modes (Cerny has seen games with 3 different PS5 Pro modes)

Reactions: Lersds

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
People acting like PS5 Pro is too expensive compared to Xbox when the new 2TB Xbox is $599. PS5 Pro is much more powerful and is only $100 more than the Xbox Series X with the same amount of memory (and PS5s memory much faster)
The PS5 Pro is expensive, but it's worth it IMO, if they need to remain profitable. It's totally optional, so people don't have to buy it if they don't want to. I will be trading in my OG PS5. As for the new Series X, it is $599, but also includes the stand on the bottom and the disc drive. If you add the disc drive and the stand to the PS5 Pro, that makes it $799, a $200 difference. So it seems pretty even with $200 additional performance in the PS5 Pro vs. the Series X.

The Series X has one big downfall though, it doesn't play PS games.

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF