PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ok... people won't like that but...
I agree.
I even talked some days agora about how some people see consoles in the PC mentality... that for me has nothing to do with consoles at all.
I really miss the time we don't have mid gen upgrades or several graphic options to choose... just turn on the game and play like the developer delivered... everybody playing the same.

Reactions: Entropi and rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I agree.
I even talked some days agora about how some people see consoles in the PC mentality... that for me has nothing to do with consoles at all.
I really miss the time we don't have mid gen upgrades or several graphic options to choose... just turn on the game and play like the developer delivered... everybody playing the same.

While I am buying the pro, I absolutely agree.
I dislike the modes and I dislike the mid gen pro consoles (slims are fine).
it goes against what a console is and brings console closer to pc... which is why I distanced myself from pc in first place.

At the same time, I enjoy some of the modes and great image quality and so on... so I guess some modes are ok if they make sense but then the pro is a solution in search of a problem.

Anyway. We are where we are and I am excited for pro

Reactions: ethomaz and Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I agree.

I fully agree. Hopefully, things get back on track with the PS6.

I’m buying the Pro day 1, however.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
TBH I would have loved if something like a PS2 pro was available back in say... 2004. I hated PS2 IQ and FPS weren't as solid as people remember. Even back then you could tell (Shadow of the colossus is the big one)

A future proofed PS2 with HDMI and better specs would be one heck of a console.

Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
TBH I would have loved if something like a PS2 pro was available back in say... 2004. I hated PS2 IQ and FPS weren't as solid as people remember. Even back then you could tell (Shadow of the colossus is the big one)

A future proofed PS2 with HDMI and better specs would be one heck of a console.
So do Zelda OoT but that didn’t change that both game where better than 99% of the 60fps games that you play today 🤷🏻‍♂️

My point is… not having these options never harmed the console player… in fact it should not even bother with what frame rate game was running.

Plus I will say more… you probably didn’t even a PS2 Pro to fix the frame rate drops in SotC… just a performance patch that was impossible at time.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
pre orders for eu non PS direct countries?
(so from retailers like media markt) when ? october 10th ?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
If Rockstar can’t make GTA 6 look and run amazing on PS5 then that’s an L for them.

PS5 Phat is likely the baseline!

Series S is the baseline, they gotta cram GTA Vi there somehow. I even think it won't be playable die to SSD spaceas GTA Online 2 gets more and more content.

And this is the same rockstar that couldn't bother to put a 60 FPS mode in RDR2 for consoles.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I agree.

Nonsense. Never missed games looking like and running like shit. Mid gen refresh is a god send. Wukong is already struggling

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
People will change their tunes pretty quickly when the comparisons roll in.

Particularly upgrades on games like Wukong, Elden Ring, which have a lot to be desired in performance.

Or when GTA6, the next ND, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch games are 60 on Pro vs 30 on regular PS5s

Or when Xbox games like Doom, Indiana Jones, future ports of Starfield etc have massive performance increases for PS5 Pro

One killer app could be Cyberpunk if PS5 can support the RTGI ray tracing that is on PC. And if it can then logically Witcher 4 becomes best to play on PS5 Pro for consoles

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Yes
I can't imagine paying more than like, $600 for a gpu. The 4090 and 4080 are overpriced, and the 4070 is still rather steep.

I'm on a 3070. It came with a pre-built I bought on a maingear black Friday sale . I love the thing. Can play most games I want at 4k max settings (before anyone asks, I don't typically play brand new AAA titles)
I do say most though because FF7 Remake and even FFXV gotta be turned down some. (1440p works better for those)
oh you poor thing only got a 3070 with a pre-built, at least get on the latest gen which is about to be replaced and then talk as if you represent PC gamers with that debby downer attitude of yours.