PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I just love how pc dudes are using this as some kind of gatcha. Take that PSSR!

When what will happen is if Sony go with AMD next gen playstation will benefit from both options.

You just know PSSR got them sweating.

Personally I'm happy as a PC dude, if AMD's solution is competitive with nvidia I'm gonna buy a new GPU ASAP. Tired of having to use FSR on my PC

Reactions: Entropi

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240914-111145.png

Screenshot-20240914-111209.png

Screenshot-20240914-111333.png

Screenshot-20240914-111347.png

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

I just love how pc dudes are using this as some kind of gatcha. Take that PSSR!

When what will happen is if Sony go with AMD next gen playstation will benefit from both options.

You just know PSSR got them sweating.

Playstation again bailing out AMD with technologies?
There is 0 chance they came up with this alone. PC dudes should be greatful that PS wanted PRO with upscale, otherwise FSR would suck balls still.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Looks like Cerny told AMD “your stuff is shit, let me do it right for you” again, like with VRS.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m gonna want to upgrade my tv set too. Just for 120hz. Looking at the Samsung S90c at 65” at the moment.

So this is actually a $2k plus purchase for me. It’s going to be hard to explain all the new toys in the living room. 🤣

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Tell the wife it's a new wi-fi modem.

Yup. Even tho I have accounts and investments and cash back schemes for any unnecessary purchases… still get the side eye and lecture. It’s not like she’s still not getting 98% of my money 🤣

• haha
Reactions: Johnic

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This can be perceived as “Sony helped AMD upgrade FSR to the next level, and this will greatly help Valve with SteamDeck2, and mid-range GPUs from AMD".

I see a collaboration for mutual benefit. Sony doesn’t have the expertise to design CPU/GPUs and AMD has access to some of the of the industry’s best gaming developers and engineers.

Also, Lisa loves selling Sony’s ideas to its competitors (cough Cell cough)

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’m will be honest here…

Except for the more clarity due the higher resolution what I see is different lighting settings (time of day?).

These are not eye catching upgrades but imo and most won’t even notice them.

Of course I’m not a potencial Pro buyer unless my PS5 dies but think a bit about how could Sony marketing these changes to sell the Pro to consumers?

You need something that o impress the public watching… not cherry pic screens to point “he see it is a upgrade”, “there there is something better”, etc.

It is the same reason increase in frame rate is so bad to sell to general public.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This can be perceived as “Sony helped AMD upgrade FSR to the next level, and this will greatly help Valve with SteamDeck2, and mid-range GPUs from AMD".
More like "This will reduce the gap in upscaling between consoles and PC"

Also sony are rumored to be looking into the current handheld market so this could benefit them greatly if they use amd hardware for a potential native handheld.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Entropi