PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
Lol no. everyone owns a tv, not everyone owns a monitor equipped for gaming. you don't need the stand or disk drive. You need the keyboard and OS for you PC.

A Windows 10 license key is 15 bucks and the upgrade to 11 is free. A gaming Mouse and Keyboard combo will cost you 50.

Sure everyone has a TV but wouldn't you need an OLED TV to get the full Pro experience? What's the point of getting a Pro if you own some cheap budget TV?

And the drive is absolutely needed if you own a physical games collection, lol.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
A Windows 10 license key is 15 bucks. A gaming Mouse and Keyboard combo will cost you 50.

Sure everyone has a TV but wouldn't you need an OLED TV to get the full Pro experience? What's the point of getting a Pro if you own some cheap budget TV?

And the drive is absolutely needed if you own a physical games collection, lol.
Lol who in their right mind gets a high performance PC only to use a shitty mouse and keyboard? Also tbh I have been digital for a decade so anyone who is still using physical.... thats their problem.

We can argue the little things but that doesn't really negate the value PS5 Pro offers for those who like high performance.

Last edited:

SuperPotato

Veteran
1 Mar 2024
Lol who in their right mind gets a high performance PC only to use a shitty mouse and keyboard? Also tbh I have been digital for a decade so anyone who is still using physical.... thats their problem

And who in their right mind gets a PS5 Pro to use it on a 300$ TV without VRR, 4k/120hz and good HDR?

I still buy physical and had to pay 930€ to get the "full" experience. Still cheaper than a comparable PC but not by much.

Look, i'm a console gamer who hates playing on PC but 2k will get you much more performance than a Pro, it's not even close.

Last edited:

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Kepler thought last March that the GPU clock speed needed to reach 300 TOPs was around 2450 MHz.

So for summarize :

Tom Henderson => 2180 MHz
Digital Foundry => 2350 MHz
Kepler => 2450 MHz

akira__

29 Sep 2024

Still, maxed out PCs are kind of "no limit" so they will of course be more powerful, but you can't compare them. A maxed out PC is going to cost easily 3 to 5 times more and consume 3 to 5 times more electrical energy. But what is interesting and says a lot about the flattening silicon evolution curve is that your game on your monster PC is not going to look or play 3 to 5 times better than on a PS5 Pro console. There is a huge diminishing return now on high end silicon

There is this notion that it's possible to outspend issues on pc, meanwhile stuttergate is still ongoing.