PlayStation Showcase 2023 Hype Train Thread. Choo Choo! All Aboard!

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm not a multiplayer guy but TLoU Part II gameplay is damn fine so I could see myself playing it depending on what it is (we still don't know). All these other ones shown I won't ever touch.
The problem is that you guys set high expectations for Factions based on TLOU2 gameplay . Bringing that gameplay into multiplayer is not gonna happen. Game mechanics in multiplayer games are very limited. One reason I don't play them anymore. Funny that I enjoyed Unreal Tournament 3 in 2007. People think that game sucks, but it is way better than multiplayer shit we have today.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That's exactly what he is. Glad many PS fans are finally seeing his incompetence. It's been obvious for years but the foundation Shu laid allowed him to coast.
I've argued for years on Gaf and here that Jim and Hulst are riding on the momentum from PS4 era. All games released so far were kicked off during Shu era. Haven is Hulst's first and you can get a sense of his taste.

Reactions: Danja1187

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The problem is that you guys set high expectations for Factions based on TLOU2 gameplay . Bringing that gameplay into multiplayer is not gonna happen. Game mechanics in multiplayer games are very limited. One reason I don't play them anymore. Funny that I enjoyed Unreal Tournament 3 in 2007. People think that game sucks, but it is way better than multiplayer shit we have today.
Well, even worse then if it sucks.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
He is too busy out on his boat, sailing all the time.

All I ever see him doing.

I'm not a multiplayer guy but TLoU Part II gameplay is damn fine so I could see myself playing it depending on what it is (we still don't know). All these other ones shown I won't ever touch.
They never needed these elaborate GaaS games. Should have continued what Shu was doing with seeking out up-and-coming GaaS games to debut them on their service but acquire what sticks.

TLOU 2 multiplayer should have remained an extension of the main game. Uncharted 4 Multiplayer again wasted potential, they were ahead of the game ironically with Uncharted 3 multiplayer (the original Fortnite) but fumbled by not remastering it for PS4 while keeping it Free To Play.

Now I'm wondering if Shu was hitting out at upper management in his last interview. I just hope we don't start seeing top level exodus from PS.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Nobody is expected a 1:1 gameplay mechanic replica online. However as we saw with Uncharted 4 multiplayer, it can still be a fluid experience with great animation.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They never needed these elaborate GaaS games. Should have continued what Shu was doing with seeking out up-and-coming GaaS games to debut them on their service but acquire what sticks.

TLOU 2 multiplayer should have remained an extension of the main game. Uncharted 4 Multiplayer again wasted potential, they were ahead of the game ironically with Uncharted 3 multiplayer (the original Fortnite) but fumbled by not remastering it for PS4 while keeping it Free To Play.

Now I'm wondering if Shu was hitting out at upper management in his last interview. I just hope we don't start seeing top level exodus from PS.
These Sony games that ended up being successful were not made by chasing fads from other companies, they found their own success by focusing on doing what they were good at.

Nobody knows where the next CoD or Fortnite is going to come from. They could make 50 GaaS and still miss it.

Reactions: Danja1187