PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
More than 24 hours later and I'm still kinda irritated, not gonna lie. I realized something kinda annoying.

Imagine, five months ago, someone told you the next PlayStation Showcase was going to reveal the Metal Gear Solid 3 remake, but also have absolutely NO updates on Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Death Stranding 2, Silent Hill 2, and give NO word on the next projects by Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Bend Studio, London Studio, Housemarque, and Team Asobi.

Would you have believed them? And even if you did, would that have sounded like a showcase worth the 20-month wait?
MGS3 remake made by an undisclosed dev.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

lJdMJKh.png

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The Snitch talks about the PC port as if it helps smooth the burn w the damage control? Lmao.... maybe it was sarcastic of him in a most twisted way.

Imagine being there for the OG PSOne since 1996 and hearing you're supposed to stay tuned to a PC port announcement after a disaster of a showcase.

gun-shoot-me.gif

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
If MS ever gets their stuff in order, Sony won't be able to keep up with releases. They need to sort their things out. Imagine getting a single player studio being stuck on a GaaS for years now, only to kill the project.

They not only need more developers, they need to take care of their current ones better.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Who would've guessed that the week of the long awaited PlayStation Showcase would easily end up being the worst week I can think of when it comes to PlayStation news.

Pretty much unthinkable, to think we wen't from the ABK block, to PS5 breaking all record sales, to Redfall release, to Phil Spencer admitting defeat and now to this...

If MS ever gets their stuff in order, Sony won't be able to keep up with releases. They need to sort their things out. Imagine getting a single player studio being stuck on a GaaS for years now, only to kill the project.

They not only need more developers, they need to take care of their current ones better.
There is no way MS can compete with Fargame$, Concord, Bend GaaS, Horizon GaaS, PlayStation London GaaS, Twisted Metal: AllStars, Project Q, Factions, Deviation'ss Game and Marathon.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Does anybody know who are those 13+ millions of people who watched the Marathon reveal trailer?

I mean, I played both Marathon 1 and 2 on my parent's Mac back in the days, but I doubt that there are so many people my age who are nostalgic for the series. Maybe it's the fem bots? does anybody know if they have boobs lazers or something?
international man of mystery fembots GIF

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I still can't believe how bad the Sony Showcase was, Prob one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Phase 2 my ass

Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Some propaganda from the xbox side.... worth a watch to get an insight into how they think, what they get joy from.

It's ironic that these xbox dudes would be creaming themselves and calling this an 11/10 showcase if xbox had the same games lol. Also that dude from iron lords has 0 credibility. He's still holding the line... funny how he is making fun of the indies in the show when xbox had an entire hour and a half of indies in their show last year

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
By the way, I like how that showcase thread has no engagement. PlayStation showcase thread was many times bigger than that. This thread here is bigger than that Xbox thread. lmao.

Which makes it all the more disappointing that Sony didn’t make their showcase what it should of have been.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
By the way, I like how that showcase thread has no engagement. PlayStation showcase thread was many times bigger than that. This thread here is bigger than that Xbox thread. lmao.

Which makes it all the more disappointing that Sony didn’t make their showcase what it should of have been.
It's mostly double agent Sullivan trying to create fake hype, he likes to play "both sides" (he's always hanging out in the PlayStation OT) but we all know he's an xbot.

Reactions: On Demand and Puff