PlayStation Showcase 2023 [OT]

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
There were in other countries, and everything was still virtual. Travel outside of countries was still limited. Most people still working from home. The planned E3 2021 was virtual
I don’t see the point. Nothing stopped them from interviewing Barlog during the last showcase, and as I said, it was saved for the post show. Because it’s terrible pacing to stick that shit inside the main show.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sucker Punch's new project (Ghost of Tsushima 2?)
-Ghost of Tsushima 2
Ghost of Tsushima 2 announcement - 2 mins
Ghost of Tsushima 2

I think it's super unlikely, almost imposible, to see there the next Sucker Punch game.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut / PS5 patch / Ikki Island DLC were released less than 2 years ago, and a few months before (3 years ago) they released GoT Legends.

Nowadays Sony prefers to announce and show their games when they are pretty close to their release and I think won't be the case if they only have been working on it during 2 or 3 years.

I think it's way more likely to see its PC port instead.

For me, 2016 was the best show ever.... They had GOW, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Spider-man and I think Detroit were the big games. So I think you're right, about 5 really big games would be great.
It also had REVII reveal, an Horizon gameplay demo (not the first one), PSVR stuff and TLG final release date.

Last edited:

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
There wont be gameplay demos. It ll be trailer after trailer. Some shorter some longer, 30 to 90 seconds likely. Where u get 4,5 minutes trailers?

Demos for their games and from close partners re for state of plays. This s not e3 2016 anymore.

Castlevania remake or reboot by Bluepoint games. I can feel it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Castlevania remake or reboot by Bluepoint games. I can feel it.
Bluepoint said they won't work in remasters or remakes anymore and that moved to original games. God of War Ragnarok, released half a year ago was the first original where they worked on.

Their studio is also too small to lead a big AAA and only have a couple of game designers and a single level designer, too small design to lead a AAA title. Meaning they will also be a support team in their next game.

And the company who bought them is Sony, not Konami.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I think it's super unlikely, almost imposible, to see there the next Sucker Punch game.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut / PS5 patch / Ikki Island DLC were released less than 2 years ago, and a few months before they released GoT Legends.

Nowadays Sony prefers to announce and show their games when they are pretty close to their release and I think won't be the case if they only have been working on it during 2 or 3 years.

I think it's way more likely to see its PC port instead.

It also had REVII reveal, an Horizon gameplay demo (not the first one), PSVR stuff and TLG final release date.
No way the main team was working on dlc and legends. Ghost us very likely to be there. In fact after the reception of the game it would be very likely they were full speed making the sequel

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No way the main team was working on dlc and legends. Ghost us very likely to be there. In fact after the reception of the game it would be very likely they were full speed making the sequel

My guess is a small trailer, not even gameplay. Like Spiderman 2 had.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Bluepoint said they won't work in remasters or remakes anymore and that moved to original games. God of War Ragnarok, released half a year ago was the first original where they worked on.

Their studio is also too small to lead a big AAA and only have a couple of game designers and a single level designer, too small design to lead a AAA title. Meaning they will also be a support team in their next game.

And the company who bought them is Sony, not Konami.
I seriously doubt that simple support work for GOW Ragnarok is what they meant by original content. They already teased something around last Christmas that made it clear that it wasn't just GOW support work.

Reactions: SLB1904

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Not sure where else to ask this but wasnt there supposed to be some sony strategy meeting this week? I thought Jim Ryan was supposed to have a Q and A with investors?

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Not sure where else to ask this but wasnt there supposed to be some sony strategy meeting this week? I thought Jim Ryan was supposed to have a Q and A with investors?
We will get the indepth SIE investors meeting next week whilst they started the Sony Corp one today

Reactions: Dabaus

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If I'm not mistaken, that's supposed to happen the same day as their showcase.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I font expect gameplay. Just a teaser trailer. Like the announcement of the first. I'd be alright with that anyway
could just be a quick logo teaser like they did with Ragnarok back in 2020

this for Ghost 2 could be a fun way to end the show

Reactions: SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
could just be a quick logo teaser like they did with Ragnarok back in 2020

this for Ghost 2 could be a fun way to end the show

Nah. I want see something like the "samurai... do you surrender?" Trailer. That lived rent free in my head till release.

Reactions: kyliethicc

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If I'm not mistaken, that's supposed to happen the same day as their showcase.
Yes, it's the same day.

Not sure of the hours and which one will go first (I bet the investors talk), but for Sony would be better to have first the showcase and later mention some of these titles in the Jimbo talk / powerpoint.

yeah we just gotta wait and see. hopefully it gets revealed next week
Btw, I have a leak for you.

Cory's new IP will be announced in the showcase with a 2024 release (planned for September). Its name is:
Cnack Three Stars All Destroyed

Sony had their Corporate Strategy Meeting, where as usual they didn't share any decent gaming news. Here's the thread I made with the gaming info they mentioned.

Next week, same day as the showcase, Sony has their Business Segment Meeting, where the boss of each Sony division goes in detail to explain their performance during the last fiscal year and their startegy for the next few years. Last year Jimbo shared a lot of interesting info there, so very likely they'll do the same again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshHunter216

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I seriously doubt that simple support work for GOW Ragnarok is what they meant by original content. They already teased something around last Christmas that made it clear that it wasn't just GOW support work.

Working in GoWR is working in an original (new, not reboot/remake) game, and a special one: the fastest selling ever PS exclusive. Basically all the AAA games have a lead studio and multiple other support studios, many of them often external outsourcing companies.

You can also see in LinkedIn how many of their 70-80 people are devs (not HR/IT/etc) and how many of them appear in the game credits of Ragnarok, and check also in LinkedIn (those who have updated and detail it) who worked in Ragnarok even in which period (from late 2020-early 2021 to late 2022).

Bluepoint portion of the GoWR credits, there's there whole studio there:
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

And yes, obviously after GoWR they are started to work in another game, pretty likely also in a support role again for another new PS Studios game. That would be what the box without weapon may mean: the three with weapons are the three most recent shipped games, and the closed one is the game where they are working on.

Before shipping GoWR they only had a couple game designers, not enough to lead their own AAA game. They hired a level designer after GoWR, and now they did open job positions for more design positions. So pretty likely in the game they are working now they will be also in a support role while they slowly grow to become in the next one after it the lead team of their own original game.

Last edited: