PlayStation Showcase Aftermath - Rate the show

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Of all the GAAS games they showed, they didn't show Factions.

What a missed opportunity. If not their big annual showcase, when?
The only way they can salvage this is by having a second showcase like they had in 2020. Maybe july-august.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
The only way they can salvage this is by having a second showcase like they had in 2020. Maybe july-august.
Do you really think 2-3 months latter a similar showcase can make a huge difference ( can we expect any megaton announcement coming)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Do you reaply think 2 months latter can make huge difference ( to expect any megaton announcement coming)
In terms of development timeline? Probably not, but I'm just saying that the complete lack of first party at today's show can only be made up for if they're saving them for another show.

Where the hell is housemarque? Bluepoint? Bend? Santa Monica's 2nd team? Where's factions? Surely they've got -something-

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
In terms of development timeline? Probably not, but I'm just saying that the complete lack of first party at today's show can only be made up for if they're saving them for another show.

Where the hell is housemarque? Bluepoint? Bend? Santa Monica's 2nd team? Where's factions? Surely they've got -something-
2024 showcase

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Microsoft has what 1.5 hours for their show, half an hour just for Starfield separately?

I fear Sony are getting smacked around this year in terms of showcases

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Bruh I'm not turning into an xbox fan, I'm not perenially waiting for next year's showcase
These days game development took a longer time do develop man

Some of you folks need to adjust your expectation

This is why i said overhyping stuff are bad

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Look, i’m just as disappointed as any of you guys are. I expected a lot better from Sony and thought that they would show us a little bit more of what they had in the future but most of the games they showed are tangible, coming out this year games and a look into 2024. This wasn’t an Xbox one reveal or PS3 announcement tier show. They didn’t damage their brand or anything. It was at worst a misstep but they still showed a lot of things people will want. For whatever reason they’re still keeping things close to the chest and maybe that’s because the activsion deal isn’t officially dead yet?

I’m not making excuses for them. I expected a lot better, but It’s not the end of the world.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Microsoft has what 1.5 hours for their show, half an hour just for Starfield separately?

Yobo man man if u been paying attention since 2019 gamers been saying game showcase are dissapointment one after another

That 1,5 hour xbox show could be much worse than this aside from starfield i dont know what else they gona show

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
For comparison by E3 2016 (year 3 show just like this one) we had:
Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, Ratchet & Clank, The Order, etc, all already released.
Horizon, God of War, Days Gone, Spider-man, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, Dreams, all already announced.

This was Sony 3 years after coming out of a disastrous PS3 gen, a massive flop with the Vita and the Sony Group still trying to get out of financial troubles. Current Sony has been completely dominant for 10+ now.

MS shows always suck, their good stuff is usually third party and gets released on PS as well.

These days game development took a longer time do develop man

Some of you folks need to adjust your expectation

This is why i said overhyping stuff are bad
What if I told you that the hype comes from all the sercrecy? There is no hype for a Media Molecule game because everyone knows it ain't coming anytime soon.

They used to quite easily live up to the hype in the past.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Look, i’m just as disappointed as any of you guys are. I expected a lot better from Sony and thought that they would show us a little bit more of what they had in the future but most of the games they showed are tangible, coming out this year games and a look into 2024. This wasn’t an Xbox one reveal or PS3 announcement tier show. They didn’t damage their brand or anything. It was at worst a misstep but they still showed a lot of things people will want. For whatever reason they’re still keeping things close to the chest and maybe that’s because the activsion deal isn’t officially dead yet?

I’m not making excuses for them. I expected a lot better, but It’s not the end of the world.
Don't think anyone is calling it the end of the world but it's extremely disappointing when we've already had to wait 2 years since the last showcase.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
For comparison by E3 2016 (year 3 show just like this one) we had:
Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, Ratchet & Clank, The Order, etc, all already released.
Horizon, God of War, Days Gone, Spider-man, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, Dreams, all already announced.

This was Sony 3 years after coming out of a disastrous PS3 gen, a massive flop with the Vita and the Sony Group still trying to get out of financial troubles. Current Sony has been completely dominant for 10+ now.

MS shows always suck, their good stuff is usually third party and gets released on PS as well.

What if I told you that the hype comes from all the sercrecy? There is no hype for a Media Molecule game because everyone knows it ain't coming anytime soon.

They used to quite easily live up to the hype in the past.
Seems like E3 2016 spoiled everyone here

Were not getting the same treatment like that every year

Best is we should be gratefull and apreciate what is presented right now

Theres a good bunch of game announced here today

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Don't think anyone is calling it the end of the world but it's extremely disappointing when we've already had to wait 2 years since the last showcase.
In one year (or maybe two) you'll get a new Showcase, maybe you'll get 1 or 2 new single player games announcement. We got exactly 0 single player games announced this time from Sony.

Seems like E3 2016 spoiled everyone here

Were not getting the same treatment like that every year

Best is we should be gratefull and apreciate what is presented right now

Theres a good bunch of game announced here today
So expecting things to get better after they sell 120m+ consoles and follow that by releasing an even more successful console is unreasonable now? Everyone gave Sony a vote of confidence and they failed miserably to live up to it.

What should I be grateful about that was presented today? A bunch boring CGs for GaaS games I'm not going to play?

I legit missed the bunch of good games that were announced today that you mention. The only thing I can think of is the MGS3 remake with a weird name by an unnamed studio.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
In one year (or maybe two) you'll get a new Showcase, maybe you'll get 1 or 2 new single player games announcement. We got exactly 0 single player games announced this time from Sony.

So expecting things to get better after you sell 120m+ consoles is unreasonable now?

What should I be grateful about that was present today? A bunch boring CGs for GaaS games I'm not going to play?

I legit missed the bunch of good games that were announced today. The only thing I can think of is the MGS3 remake with a weird name by an unnamed studio.
Like what do you expect here?

Everything goes according to the leaks

MGS3 remake checked

Spiderman 2 checked

Final Fantasy 16 checked

Dragons Dogma 2 checked

Street Fighter 6 checked

Alan Wake 2 checked

Got some surprising announcement like Talos 2 and Tower of Agraba

Wolverine and TLOU2 factions news probaby next year

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Like what do you expect here?

Everything goes according to the leaks

MGS3 remake checked

Spiderman 2 checked

Final Fantasy 16 checked

Dragons Dogma 2 checked

Street Fighter 6 checked

Alan Wake 2 checked

Got some surprising announcement like Talos 2 and Tower of Agraba

Wolverine and TLOU2 factions news probaby next year
You are the one that said there were a bunch of good games announced.

I crossed out all that was already previously announce, you are pretty much left out with MGS3 remake with a weird name by a undisclosed studio.

This showcase sucked and it has big implication regarding what we'll be getting in the next 3 years (a bunch of PC GaaS).

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
Honestly, I would've gladly waited another six to eight months if it meant getting a better show. This could've been divided into a couple State of Plays and no one would've minded as much. In fact, with some proper organizing, they'd come off pretty well.

1st State of Play (May 24): Spider-Man 2, Fairgames, Alan Wake II, Sword of the Sea, Teardown, Final Fantasy XVI, Assassin's Creed: Mirage, Destiny 2: Final Shape, Talos Principle 2, The Plucky Squire, Tower of Fantasy

2nd State of Play (June 28): Helldivers 2, Neva, Metal Gear Solid Delta, Marathon, Dragon's Dogma II, Ghostrunner 2, Resident Evil 4 VR, Granblue Fantasy Relink, Towers of Aghasba, Phantom Blade Zero, Concord

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The garbage we saw today makes it look like Sony is trying to turn the PS5 into an Xbox.

I guess we're in the minority here.... industry is fucked

View attachment 1449
Unbelievable, what a low bar.

Right now I feel like quitting following gaming news or shows like this, it's just not what it used to be, this stuff used to be exciting and now it's just frustrating.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
You are the one that said there were a bunch of good games announced.

I crossed out all that was already previously announce, you are pretty much left out with MGS3 remake with a weird name by a undisclosed studio.

This showcase sucked and it has big implication regarding what we'll be getting in the next 3 years (a bunch of PC GaaS).
I get that youre dissapointed but you have to remember this isnt the only show left we got this year

Theres still Gamescom and TGS

Like i said E3 2016 really spoiled some of you guys

Were not getting that megaton every year

I already came at peace with it since couple years ago ( doesnt mean were not getting that megaton anymore in the future but gona acept were not going to get that kind of treatment every year)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I get that youre dissapointed but you have to remember this isnt the only show left we got this year

Theres still Gamescom and TGS

Like i said E3 2016 really spoiled some of you guys

Were not getting that megaton every year

I already came at peace with it since couple years ago ( doesnt mean were not getting that megaton anymore in the future but gona acept were not going to get that kind of treatment every year)
Sony doesn't do Gamescom or TGS anymore, it took them 2 years to come up with this garbage Showcase.

Other than Returnal we didn't get a single new single player IP this gen and the only GaaS I'm interested in they refuse to show (factions). Sorry if I have some standards for what a show like this should be like.

How much credit can Sony get for FFXVI, FFVII Rebirth and requesting a sequel to Kojima?

I would not be mad if this was a 6/10, this was a 0/10 tho.

Last edited: