PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I won't be watching the next one it was wank & I don't trust modern playstation to deliver anymore
Someone liked it , I went back on my word & watched it because I had nothing better to do & it was a massive letdown so yeah they need to start delivering the games with their studios soon & not live service microtransaction riddled shite epic single player games with amazing story's are what we want

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I hope concord is a massive failure I don't want shite like that that is designed to bleed people dry through microtransactions to succeed , if playstation wants a multiplayer game to compete with cod then they should team up with EA on the medal of honour franchise

Reactions: Box

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I hope concord is a massive failure I don't want shite like that that is designed to bleed people dry through microtransactions to succeed , if playstation wants a multiplayer game to compete with cod then they should team up with EA on the medal of honour franchise

Yeah, it's not that GAAS can't be good... we've seen that Helldivers is fantastic for what it is but the attitude of Sony to just push out as much live service stuff to bleed money out of certain demographics feels quite dirty to me. Cynical...

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yeah, it's not that GAAS can't be good... we've seen that Helldivers is fantastic for what it is but the attitude of Sony to just push out as much live service stuff to bleed money out of certain demographics feels quite dirty to me. Cynical...
Yeah medal of honour is a great war IP better than cod in my opinion they should jump on it & blow cod away with an insanely good war FPS

Reactions: Bryank75

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think this state of play was on the weaker side Sony is definitely holding back for a few reason. First of all getting their big first party games ready to be shown off with the pro. Secondly because they want to see what MS is going to do at their show. If MS has a big show that’s well received then Sony may fire back. As of right now though Sony is under now pressure to have every show one up the last because they’re outselling Xbox 5:1.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
hRpLjHq.jpeg

(y)

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Same I hope they all flop
Ya’ll stupid AF. Wishing for these games to flop, is also wishing for these studios to fail and be hit with layoffs.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

I would love a Hero Shooter with Sony characters, imagine Kratos Fighting Jak

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Ya’ll stupid AF. Wishing for these games to flop, is also wishing for these studios to fail and be hit with layoffs.
I have a long list of studios I wish to see fail. 😈

I would love a Hero Shooter with Sony characters, imagine Kratos Fighting Jak
Stop it, PlayStation is not Nintendo. What we need are new ambitious games like Uncharted, TLoU, God of War, SoTC, Bloodborne, were back in the day when they were released not more nonsense.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Any studio that thinks putting pronouns in the character select screen is a good idea deserves to go.
The studio itself doesn't "think it's a good idea". Unless they're one of those Californian ones that take on the latest virtue signaling fashion du jour.

Nowadays presentation, UX, character design, etc. have requirements mandated by the publisher (see MS female character design mandates). In turn, the publisher makes said requirements in the pursuit of certain arbritary "scores" which keep them in the good graces of certain large investors that are interested in "forcing behavior".

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yeah sony instead of investing in new Ip, invest with Ea on a dead franchise that got crushed by CoD a decade ago.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Guys I just thought of something.
If Resident Evil 9 isn't revealed at Summer games fest then there is a good chance there will be another PlayStation Event very soon.
Capcom and Sony have buddy buddy since 2016 for Resident Evil and Monster Hunter Reveals except for Rise.
Early 2025 to mid 2025 is most likely the release date for RE9 meaning a reveal is imminent.
Sony Pictures had made all the live action and CGI Resident Evil movies so it makes sense they have the Resident Evil marketing rights since 2016 when RE7 was revealed.
I imagine Capcom probably doesn't want to reveal it at a Resident Evil showcase but who knows. I just think if Capcom wants to reveal Resident Evil 9 which is rumored to be the biggest RE Engine game to date like how RE8 was in 2021 I think they want the PlayStation marketing behind it or Summer Game Fest.

But who knows maybe at the PS5 pro reveal we will see RE9?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Any studio that thinks putting pronouns in the character select screen is a good idea deserves to go.
It's like @Old Gamer said, there's probably not a ton of people in the studio who really want this. Neither that nor having 7 out of the 9 human characters in their roster being women of color.

This stuff is coming from above. Just look at Microsoft Xbox's "Inclusion Framework" guidelines. Sony absolutely has their own version of this:

Their motto is "If you don't intentionally include, you will unintentionally exclude", so imagine the pressure the devs are put into, to make sure they intentionally include everyone*.
* - everyone that matters.

And this has nothing to do with creativity. If anything most of these devs know this stifles creativity. The checklist for forced pronouns, diversity, etc. is coming from their CFOs who want cheaper loans and investment.