PlayStation VR2 launches in February 22, 2023 for $549.99

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Looking at the games announced today, I think Crossfire Sierra Squad, Dark Pictures: Switchback VR,Tentacular, Pistol Whip, Hello Neighbor VR, Cities VR and Cosmonious High seem nice additions to build catalog and address different niches but nothing spectacular that I think could help sell the device.

I think it needs more games like Horizon, RE Village, RE4, No Man's Sky or even Among Us VR. Bigger names and more AAAish stuff.

The Acronym for today is DOA! Do you know what that means kids?
Fun fact: maybe it's because I'm not an English native speaker, but when I read DOA the first thing it comes to my mind is Dead or Alive :ROFLMAO:

Dead-or-Alive.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I understand the pricing because of the tech it has and recent price increases of components, shipping and so on.

I think it will have its market and niche as the first one had (I think this time will be twice as big or more) but I think it's too expensive to go mainstream specially considering a lot of people is or will be affected by the economical crysis.

It's a Sony product, so you will say it's DOA and doomed even if it had Alyx, the next Halo and next Mario as launch games.
In dont think you can suspect i dont like Sony products
Im a Early adopter of anything Sony, even bizarre things, but these prices are pretty stupid and out of touch with reallity

Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 51

Valve Index Headset + Controllers = 749 quid

Sexy Bad Boy GIF by Yung Bae

PSVR 2 = 600 quid

Elizabeth Warren Dnc Debates 2019 GIF by GIPHY News

Spec wise, the PSVR 2 comes on top. So yeah. That said, I get that this is not for everybody and that the price is steep. But spec wise... It's unbeatable right now.

Index was always overpriced and now it's even more so. It's crap that falls apart when you look at it.
There's a reason why it's higher priced. It's not subsidized and having outside in tracking is better than internal cameras and sensors. But for the price of psvr2, it's not bad at all. Just needs some quality games, and it'll sell like hot cakes.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In dont think you can suspect i dont like Sony products
Im a Early adopter of anything Sony, even bizarre things, but these prices are pretty stupid and out of touch with reallity
I know who you are and know you like Sony products and games. I think many people like you or me won't buy this on launch window.

I'd like to buy it and I see some games interesting that I'd like to play there like Horizon, RE or No Man's Sky, and I'm pretty sure they'll announce more good stuff in the future and that the device will be awesome. But I'm not in a position to spend $700+ to buy the device and a few games.

I understand the pricing: the headset is cheaper even if it has better specs than Index and comes with the controllers (which in other headsets are sold separatedly), and I also understand that prices of components, shipping, etc. skyrocketed in recent months so it ended being more expensive than initially scheduled.

The price makes sense for the hardware it offers and the current context of prices, but I don't think it's affordable enough to go mainstream, specially considering many is fucked and will be more fucked with the crysis and everything rising prices. But well, I think Sony didn't expect to go mainstream with PSVR2 anyways, I assume they expect that it will sell more than the previous headset but that will end selling like 10-15M after its whole lifetime, meaning around 10% of PS5 users will buy it.

We also need to know some things that could help its sales: is it going to be PC compatible? I assume not. Is it going to be BC? Nope, but apparently PSVR1 games will be patched to support PSVR2 and I'd like to see which ones are going to be. Because in my case there were several games I wanted to get but I didn't buy PSVR1, because I prefered to wait and play them on PSVR2.

You can get the quest 2 or the pico 4 for 450,and the Work without a pc
Yes, but without PC you get almost Wii-like visuals. It's a very different experience than to play high end VR games running on a PC or PS.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Index was always overpriced and now it's even more so. It's crap that falls apart when you look at it.
It's still the all around best headset on the market. Larger FoV, best audio, best microphone, best controllers and a superb method of tracking.

I've had my Index for 2 1/2 years, I'm a HEAVY usage user and the only thing I've had to replace was the cable.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
PSVR started with 550$ and sold really well.
Now Psvr2 launching with the same price(cheaper if you account inflation) and people screaming DOA. 😂

• thinking_hard
Reactions: DynamiteCop

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It's still the all around best headset on the market. Larger FoV, best audio, best microphone, best controllers and a superb method of tracking.

I've had my Index for 2 1/2 years, I'm a HEAVY usage user and the only thing I've had to replace was the cable.
nothing superb about index method of tracking if you used rift S for example.
It's just annoying to setup with base stations.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There's a reason why it's higher priced. It's not subsidized and having outside in tracking is better than internal cameras and sensors. But for the price of psvr2, it's not bad at all. Just needs some quality games, and it'll sell like hot cakes.

Where's the source that the PSVR 2 is subsidized? I'm not doubting, but is there a source for that?

Bar the FOV, how do you stack those against the PSVR2?

D

Deleted member 51

It's definitely the best headset on the market. I also got mine in early release, and it's so much better than all of the inside out tracking HMD's.

D

Deleted member 51

Where's the source that the PSVR 2 is subsidized? I'm not doubting, but is there a source for that?

Bar the FOV, how do you stack those against the PSVR2?
It has to be subsidized. Just like every console is subsidized. There's no way they are making this headset without losing money. Aka subsidized. They will make the money back on the back end, and all of the games sales and online subs.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That's just factually wrong and not even worth entertaining any further conversation about it. Inside Out tracking better than outside in LOL.

D

Deleted member 51

Bro you can't compare the two. There's no way you keep coming to the forums with bs statements like that. I honestly don't get why you aren't banned for making weird comments over and over.

Setting up a base station takes literally two seconds. It's the best method of tracking, all day every day. You literally set it up, and it's done. Never ever again do you need to fidget with it. Why are you so against PC while supposedly having one?

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Bro you can't compare the two. There's no way you keep coming to the forums with bs statements like that. I honestly don't get why you aren't banned for making weird comments over and over.

Setting up a base station takes literally two seconds. It's the best method of tracking, all day every day. You literally set it up, and it's done. Never ever again do you need to fidget with it. Why are you so against PC while supposedly having one?
For real, you run the power cord, you mount the base station, you sync to it and you never touch it again.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It needs quality games to survive. Especially at that price for the console guys. At least Alyx is a next gen VR game, and you need more of that to sell headsets.
There have been a several quality VR games or vr compatible games even though ppl like to act like Alyx is the only one to firm a trolling narrative. Shit Astros Playroom VR was phenomenol as well as Resi in VR. We will have those types of games and more.

D

Deleted member 51

For real, you run the power cord, you mount the base station, you sync to it and you never touch it again.
Exactly. Few seconds later and your gaming. Takes no Time to set up at all. You plug it in. You put up your base stations, and you're absolutely done, forever.
There have been a several quality VR games or vr compatible games even though ppl like to act like Alyx is the only one to firm a trolling narrative. Shit Astros Playroom VR was phenomenol as well as Resi in VR. We will have those types of games and more.
There's a reason why people keep bringing up Alyx, and that's because it's the best VR game ever. There's nothing that comes close to it. There are pretty cool tests, and games like boneworks, but if either of these games aren't on PS VR2, it's DOA