PlayStation VR2 launches in February 22, 2023 for $549.99

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Bro you can't compare the two. There's no way you keep coming to the forums with bs statements like that. I honestly don't get why you aren't banned for making weird comments over and over.

Setting up a base station takes literally two seconds. It's the best method of tracking, all day every day. You literally set it up, and it's done. Never ever again do you need to fidget with it. Why are you so against PC while supposedly having one?

For real, you run the power cord, you mount the base station, you sync to it and you never touch it again.
Have you thought that maybe just maybe its not aimed at people that can carve out a big space for VR?
It might be people that want it in there living rooms and it is plug and play?
Don't need to have to make sure they have the right drivers a PC that can run it smoothly so you don't get motion sickness.
There are positives and negatives to all VR Headsets.
Its not one size fits all, Mine is the best because its what i have.

D

Deleted member 51

Have you thought that maybe just maybe its not aimed at people that can carve out a big space for VR?
It might be people that want it in there living rooms and it is plug and play?
Don't need to have to make sure they have the right drivers a PC that can run it smoothly so you don't get motion sickness.
There are positives and negatives to all VR Headsets.
Its not one size fits all mine is the best because its what i have.
Big space? What would be the absolute difference between outside in tracking and inside out tracking? Why do you think you need a bigger space for outside in tracking, I honestly want to know? You can physically make any play space that you want.

And what do you mean by drivers? What drivers do you need to not have motion sickness? If you can run 144 HZ, what motion sickness do you have? Especially when you compare it to the PS VR2.

P

peter42O

PSVR started with 550$ and sold really well.

PSVR was $400 at launch in NA and through December 31st, 2019, sold 5m units. Even if it wrapped up at 7m units, it's extremely niche, high price of entry and in a time where a lot of people aren't going to spend the money.

Reactions: DynamiteCop
D

Deleted member 51

PSVR was $400 at launch in NA and through December 31st, 2019, sold 5m units. Even if it wrapped up at 7m units, it's extremely niche, high price of entry and in a time where a lot of people aren't going to spend the money.
And that's exactly why they need half life alyx as a launch product. You aren't selling vr headsets from astro bot alone.

P

peter42O

And that's exactly why they need half life alyx as a launch product. You aren't selling vr headsets from astro bot alone.

If the Half Life Alyx port is real, I can see it being shown at The Game Awards with a release date. Not sure if it will be a launch title though. Maybe launch window.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Big space? What would be the absolute difference between outside in tracking and inside out tracking? Why do you think you need a bigger space for outside in tracking, I honestly want to know? You can physically make any play space that you want.

And what do you mean by drivers? What drivers do you need to not have motion sickness? If you can run 144 HZ, what motion sickness do you have? Especially when you compare it to the PS VR2.
Okay point proven. I get it.
I was trying to make the point that its not always whats best for you is whats best for the next guy might differ.
But you came right back at me to prove your point.

Its about choice.
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Reactions: AniWeeb

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The price was just headset, you still needed camera and controllers. 550$ it is.

For 550$ tech involved, it is best in the market. Bar to none. They will sold whole 2M shipment in no time.

D

Deleted member 51

If the Half Life Alyx port is real, I can see it being shown at The Game Awards with a release date. Not sure if it will be a launch title though. Maybe launch window.
That would be great to see honestly. I'd love valve to bring this to fruition.

The price was just headset, you still needed camera and controllers.

For 550$ tech involved, it is best in the market. Bar to none. They will sold whole 2M shipment in no time.
For the price, it's a great headset. I can't knock em for that, and that's why it's subsidized. You will never get the best product for the price you want. They need to make it PC compatible, in order to sell boatloads. Especially if you don't have half-life Alyx on release. There's no PlayStation games that would benefit from buying a PS VR2. You need software to sell hardware. People aren't buying a PS5 without games, right?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It has to be subsidized. Just like every console is subsidized. There's no way they are making this headset without losing money. Aka subsidized. They will make the money back on the back end, and all of the games sales and online subs.

From a Sony standpoint, the PS4 was profitable most of its lifetime and the PS5 was profitable as of June last year. So this is blatantly false. The VR2 may be subsidized at launch, emphasis on maybe, but what you said is false, demonstrably so.

Edit to add receipts

It's been a hugely successful launch, but the key to the long term success of the platform lies in how solidly we can continue to grow the installed base," Hirai said. "In terms of game titles for PS4, as of April 13, 47 titles had been launched with a total of 20.5 million units being sold via retailers and over the network on the PlayStation Store. From a profitability perspective, PS4 is also already contributing profit on a hardware unit basis, establishing a very different business framework from that of previous platform businesses.

Sony’s $499 PlayStation 5 console is no longer selling at a loss. Bloomberg reports that Sony chief financial officer Hiroki Totoki shared the news just a week after the company announced it had sold 10 million PS5 consoles.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
From a Sony standpoint, the PS4 was profitable most of its lifetime and the PS5 was profitable as of June last year. So this is blatantly false. The VR2 may be subsidized at launch, emphasis on maybe, but what you said is false, demonstrably so.
The Ps4 was the exception after the PS3 ludicrous price and still sold at a loss day one and first few months after. Every other handheld and console were subsidized. This is obviously subsidized given the tech. I see nothing false with his statement, its how companies get their foothold and recoup via subscriptions and software. Sony couldn't afford to subsidize ps4 fir long due to ps3 eating away at their Financials.

No companies keep selling consoles at a loss in perpetuity and the poster you responded too I believe wasnt alluding to that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
The Ps4 was the exception after the PS3 ludicrous price. Every other handheld and console were subsidized. This is obviously subsidized given the tech.

Sorry, but no. Consoles have been sold at a profit for close to 10 years, Switch included. The Series consoles are sold at a loss.

Edit - It's possible the PS5 Disc went from being sold at a profit to a loss due to component price changes, but I doubt that's the case. Production has been ramping up and yield rates improve over time, so if anything, the disc less would be the driver for losses on the hardware side.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The Ps4 was the exception after the PS3 ludicrous price. Every other handheld and console were subsidized. This is obviously subsidized given the tech.
PS3 costed like 800$ and they sold it for 499$ and 599$. PS5 parts costed 460$ 6 month before release.

looking at these PSVR2 spec, i am pretty sure it is subsidized.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sorry, but no. Consoles have been sold at a profit for close to 10 years, Switch included. The Series consoles are sold at a loss.
Sorry noooope not Sony consoles. But some ppl are always right so I'll leave it at that. No one is talking about greedy Nintendo whose tech is super outdated at launch and we all know thy don't sell rarely at a loss although some have.

Again your response to him does not Invalidate his comment. Series x was sold at a loss, ps3, 2, Xbox one, series x, vita, almost all nintendo consoles and handheld etc... It isn't the exception but the norm.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sorry noooope not Sony consoles. But some ppl are always right so I'll leave it at that. No one is talking about greedy Nintendo whose tech is super outdated at launch and we all know thy don't sell rarely at a loss although some have.

I literally posted sources above. In June last year, the disc version of the PS5 was being sold at a profit. The PS4 was sold at a profit from 2014 onwards. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
PS3 costed like 800$ and they sold it for 499$ and 599$. PS5 parts costed 460$ 6 month before release.

looking at these PSVR2 spec, i am pretty sure it is subsidized.
Yes, I know. Sony usually/always subsidizes their consoles for an amount of time. Everyone knows that or should.

• they're_right_you_know
P

peter42O

The price was just headset, you still needed camera and controllers. 550$ it is.

Tech wise, the price is good but when you combine it with another $550 for the PS5 in an era where unlike 2016, people are looking to save money as opposed to spend it, $1100+ total as an entry point isn't an easy ask.

We'll see how PSVR 2 does.

That would be great to see honestly. I'd love valve to bring this to fruition.

Yeah, Half Life Alyx could be huge for PSVR 2. I'm expecting a shit ton of announcements, reveals and release dates at The Game Awards this year.

• brain

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I literally posted sources above. In June last year, the disc version of the PS5 was being sold at a profit. The PS4 was sold at a profit from 2014 onwards. Please tell me I'm wrong.
Whats ur point? He said thy sold at a loss which thy did. He never said they sold at a loss forever, no consoles rarely do that. It's not financially sound. The only one was ps3.

So what you debating?, 🤔

Ps4 no different.

• brain

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That's just factually wrong and not even worth entertaining any further conversation about it. Inside Out tracking better than outside in LOL.

Bro you can't compare the two. There's no way you keep coming to the forums with bs statements like that. I honestly don't get why you aren't banned for making weird comments over and over.

Setting up a base station takes literally two seconds. It's the best method of tracking, all day every day. You literally set it up, and it's done. Never ever again do you need to fidget with it. Why are you so against PC while supposedly having one?

Out is not better than IN. These are different techniques with drawbacks of their own.
It's pain in the ass that is expensive and got moving parts. And index itself breaks too easy for it's price.
have you ever used inside out? There is minimal problems with it. At least on oculus stuff. Maybe samsung crap is worse. I know hp g2 got terrible tracking.
And You can occlude outside in also if you are in a bad spot or dont have a ton o room for the lasers. I certainly do not.

@DoctaThompson what is anti pc in my statement? I am not a fan of index solution. I think it's antiquated and there are OTHER solutions that are less pain in the ass. I've had dk1, dk2, cv1, S, quest, g2 and I shit you not, I know my stuff. I have vr headsets since 2013 so shut the fuck up!!!
There is nothing wrong with either but you can be 1000% sure, next valve headset will be inside out. Nobody wants to bother with the base stations.

if anything you should be banned for constant trolling and fanboyish behavior. You cannot put together any arguments never and you are constantly searching for topics to be contrary to.
I am not out there to attack you. I am not out there to antagonize you.
I am just a user and consumer of these products and I have my experiences and opinions with them. That's it.
Fucking deal with this or get out of here.
Are you really so insecure you must think I attack pc on every fucking occasion? I am 10x better pc gamer than you are since I am not blind to everything I've bought since I've paid for it. There is a room to critique pc gaming too you know. BUT I AM NOT DOING IT AT THIS MOMENT.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Whats ur point? He said thy sold at a loss which thy did. He never said they sold at a loss forever, no consoles rarely do that. It's not financially sound. The only one was ps3.

So what you debating?, 🤔

Ps4 no different.

The Xbox Series consoles are still heavily subsidized 2 years in. And I'm sorry, but the post quoted below alludes to every console being subsidized in perpetuity, no matter how much people try to spin it.

It has to be subsidized. Just like every console is subsidized. There's no way they are making this headset without losing money. Aka subsidized. They will make the money back on the back end, and all of the games sales and online subs.

I'm not debating consoles are not subsidized at launch. I'm debating they are subsidized in perpetuity. I think that was very clear from my posts were I specifically mentioned that profitability came within months of release.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Tech wise, the price is good but when you combine it with another $550 for the PS5 in an era where unlike 2016, people are looking to save money as opposed to spend it, $1100+ total as an entry point isn't an easy ask.

We'll see how PSVR 2 does.

Yeah, Half Life Alyx could be huge for PSVR 2. I'm expecting a shit ton of announcements, reveals and release dates at The Game Awards this year.
Meta Quest Pro cost 1500$. PS5+PSVR2 is 1100$. it is no brainer even at that price.