PlayStation VR2 launches in February 22, 2023 for $549.99

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The Xbox Series consoles are still heavily subsidized 2 years in. And I'm sorry, but the post quoted below alludes to every console being subsidized in perpetuity, no matter how much people try to spin it.

I'm not debating consoles are not subsidized at launch. I'm debating they are subsidized in perpetuity. I think that was very clear from my posts were I specifically mentioned that profitability came within months of release.
Lol right 👍

D

Deleted member 51

Out is not better than IN. These are different techniques with drawbacks of their own.
It's pain in the ass that is expensive and got moving parts. And index itself breaks too easy for it's price.
have you ever used inside out? There is minimal problems with it. At least on oculus stuff. Maybe samsung crap is worse. I know hp g2 got terrible tracking.
And You can occlude outside in also if you are in a bad spot or dont have a ton o room for the lasers. I certainly do not.

@DoctaThompson what is anti pc in my statement? I am not a fan of index solution. I think it's antiquated and there are OTHER solutions that are less pain in the ass. I've had dk1, dk2, cv1, S, quest, g2 and I shit you not, I know my stuff. I have vr headsets since 2013 so shut the fuck up!!!
There is nothing wrong with either but you can be 1000% sure, next valve headset will be inside out. Nobody wants to bother with the base stations.

if anything you should be banned for constant trolling and fanboyish behavior. You cannot put together any arguments never and you are constantly searching for topics to be contrary to.
I am not out there to attack you. I am not out there to antagonize you.
I am just a user and consumer of these products and I have my experiences and opinions with them. That's it.
Fucking deal with this or get out of here.
Are you really so insecure you must think I attack pc on every fucking occasion? I am 10x better pc gamer than you are since I am not blind to everything I've bought since I've paid for it. There is a room to critique pc gaming too you know. BUT I AM NOT DOING IT AT THIS MOMENT.
You are literally the most anti PC person in every forum. Everyone has called you out for you, so you better not tell me to shut the fuck up. You have no room to tell ppl to stfu when you are the biggest anti PC troll. There's a reason i called you out in discord for getting dunked on GAF.

Everyone has proven your statements to be utter bullshit. You know what imma pm you right now. Imma tell you how I really feel about your stupid anti PC statements

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DynamiteCop

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You are literally the most anti PC person in every forum. Everyone has called you out for you, so you better not tell me to shut the fuck up. You have no room to tell ppl to stfu when you are the biggest anti PC troll. There's a reason i called you out in discord for getting dunked on GAF.

Everyone has proven your statements to be utter bullshit. You know what imma pm you right now. Imma tell you how I really feel about your stupid anti PC statements
I have every right to say what I wat about pc. Which is off-topic here since I didn't say anything anti pc. wtf man
I don't hate pc and I am not trolling. I just have my opinions and I don't suck PC dick. That is all. For pcmr, the only reason to hate me is if I don't praise the thing 24/7.
Nothing is perfect. not even 4090pc will be. And there is nothing wrong with me saying what I think.
Maybe some pc players cannot handle any platform criticism because they are looking for validation for spending of their hard earned money, i dont know.

Criticism is only leading to a better future/platform.
I know my stuff pretty well and I always was a pc gamer. Maybe it's the experience speaking.

I can have high end pc and I CAN see some flaws in it. More or less consequential but still.
anyway - this is all off-topic. PSVR2 using inside out tracking is not a bad thing as long as they will make it right

P

peter42O

Meta Quest Pro cost 1500$. PS5+PSVR2 is 1100$. it is no brainer even at that price.

Agreed. I think it has more to do with gamers not being into VR than the price but the cost is still expensive for most especially if they're not into VR gaming.

D

Deleted member 51

It ain't that serious and probably not worth it.....lol
I thought about it, and refrained. Kept it simple and told him he's a troll. But he's here trying to make it public
I have every right to say what I wat about pc. Which is off-topic here since I didn't say anything anti pc. wtf man
I don't hate pc and I am not trolling. I just have my opinions and I don't suck PC dick. That is all. For pcmr, the only reason to hate me is if I don't praise the thing 24/7.
Nothing is perfect. not even 4090pc will be. And there is nothing wrong with me saying what I think.
Maybe some pc players cannot handle any platform criticism because they are looking for validation for spending of their hard earned money, i dont know.

Criticism is only leading to a better future/platform.
I know my stuff pretty well and I always was a pc gamer. Maybe it's the experience speaking.

I can have high end pc and I CAN see some flaws in it. More or less consequential but still.
anyway - this is all off-topic. PSVR2 using inside out tracking is not a bad thing as long as they will make it right
And no, you don't have a high end pc. You only ever talk about pc in bad nature. You have nothing good to say at all. Ever. Several people have talked about you on the forums in relation to shit talking PC. For having a supposed 3080, You have only talked shit about it. There's never a PC forum which you positively talk about. There's never a comparison which PC wins against consoles when it comes to you. There's never a time when PC runs better than consoles. Your PS5 is made out of gold. I am not sure why you are talking to me when I just PM you? I'm assuming that you want to make this public, which is completely fine, but you need to realize you have never put PC in a good light, no matter what. I am not sure for your reasoning, for constantly shitting on PC. You been exposed.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Agreed. I think it has more to do with gamers not being into VR than the price but the cost is still expensive for most especially if they're not into VR gaming.
i fully agree. people are not committed to VR yet, so they are looking at that price, and does not count on anything else.

Reactions: peter42O

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
For the price I'd like a fondle before I get fucked.

Day 1. I love VR.
It's expensive but I really want to try VR. Might wait till the Summer before getting one. It's definitely the best chance of VR becoming at least somewhat mainstream.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Out is not better than IN. These are different techniques with drawbacks of their own.
It's pain in the ass that is expensive and got moving parts. And index itself breaks too easy for it's price.
have you ever used inside out? There is minimal problems with it. At least on oculus stuff. Maybe samsung crap is worse. I know hp g2 got terrible tracking.
And You can occlude outside in also if you are in a bad spot or dont have a ton o room for the lasers. I certainly do not.
First off it's not a pain in the ass and we already explained why. Yes there is some additional cost involved but the benefit is great.

I know plenty of people with a Quest 2 and it loses tracking frequently. Anytime it's obscured it tries to interpolate what it thinks you're doing which generally ends in a complete loss of tracking.

Even in games like miniature golf some of my friends who have an Oculus end up accidentally hitting the ball because it falls out of the frame of view of the cameras. Inside Out tracking is cheap and it works OK.

It's a cost-effective means to get VR into the hands of the general public but it is by no means a good form of tracking. Most of the people I know who have a Quest 2 or have had one eventually buy 2.0 base stations in order to have outside in tracking.

I myself have four base stations and I have never lost tracking at any position in my room ever doing anything. There's not even a blip of tracking loss. One of the other issues with inside out is there's no ability to use external trackers or peripherals so you can forget full body tracking if a game or application calls for it.

You also keep incorrectly saying that the Index breaks frequently. That's simply not true, I know probably about a hundred people who have them and none of us have ever broken our headsets nor the controllers. The only issue that has ever cropped up with any of us is eventual internal cable separation due to EXTREME usage.

You're talking out of your rear.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Meta Quest Pro cost 1500$. PS5+PSVR2 is 1100$. it is no brainer even at that price.
Meta Quest Pro is not intended for gaming, it's a device for people in the professional space LOL.

It's like an Nvidia Quadro, it has a very specific function which is not gaming, but you can still game with it. I don't know how you're trying to draw parallel between that and PSVR2...

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I'm kinda laughing at how 90% of the posts in the ResetERA thread are literally people crying about the price. Like, what TF did you expect? PSVR2 & PS5 combined still cost LESS than the new Meta VR headset, and combined have objectively better processing power (PS5 > whatever Snapdragon specs are in the new Meta headset) and at least comparable VR build quality.

Quality costs money. If you want cheapo supremo, look elsewhere. This hobby's always commanded a bit more money on average than most others, I'm just tired of supposedly grown-ass adults crying about supposedly unfair pricing as if they don't understand how economics, supply & demand work in the real world (maybe they don't know 🤷‍♀️).

Oh well. Mini-rant over 🤣

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah
P

peter42O

I'm kinda laughing at how 90% of the posts in the ResetERA thread are literally people crying about the price. Like, what TF did you expect? PSVR2 & PS5 combined still cost LESS than the new Meta VR headset, and combined have objectively better processing power (PS5 > whatever Snapdragon specs are in the new Meta headset) and at least comparable VR build quality.

Quality costs money. If you want cheapo supremo, look elsewhere. This hobby's always commanded a bit more money on average than most others, I'm just tired of supposedly grown-ass adults crying about supposedly unfair pricing as if they don't understand how economics, supply & demand work in the real world (maybe they don't know 🤷‍♀️).

Oh well. Mini-rant over 🤣

I don't think it's just the price/cost. Outside of Horizon VR, are any of Sony's first party studios working on PSVR 2 titles? Last generation was about experiences. This time around, there needs to be full fledged games and Sony must support their PSVR 2 hardware because if they don't, third parties will fall off. And that's the problem/risk for Sony. Chances are that these games will cost a good amount of money especially if Sony wants them to be high quality like their PS4/PS5 titles. But will they sell and make money? That all remains to be seen.

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Guerilla sure loves February.
Killzone 2 February 2009
Horizon: Zero Dawn February 2017
Horizon: Forbidden West February 2022
Horizon: Call of the Mountain February 2023

On a side note, February 22 next year is the 11 year anniversary of the PS Vira First Edition in North America and the 9 year Anniversary of the PS4 in Japan

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
On a side note, February 22 next year is the 11 year anniversary of the PS Vira First Edition in North America and the 9 year Anniversary of the PS4 in Japan
Again with the weird anniversary dates... You're one year too late on one and one year too early on the other..

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Again with the weird anniversary dates... You're one year too late on one and one year too early on the other..
im not saying sony purposefully used this date to celebrate the 11 year anniversary of the vita or the 9 year anniversary of the ps4 in those countries but it is fascinating how the PSVR 2 ended up on that date that has been used before for other Sony Consoles