Playstation will be attending Tokyo Game Show for the first time since 2019

26 Nov 2023
Kinda feel that there'll be announcements before TGS otherwise it wouldn't really make sense for them to be there. Maybe September showcase isn't that farfetched of an idea lol

Reactions: Puff

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Horizon Netflix has been cancelled
hallelujah GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DocRay

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They know Switch 2 will slaughter PS5 & be a more direct competitor w more similar power to the PS4. Switch 2 is finna grab many 3rd party support anyone denying is delusional.

PS been loosing japanese support w japanese studios/publishers focusing more on Switch & it barely has power. Aswell as indie studios & mobile studios releasing games on Switch first then later releasing on PS

Reactions: Dabaus

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
With Sony and Square pulling back on their partnerships due to underperforming mainline FF games I’m expecting Sony to work closer with Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo now.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interesting. Sony also confirmed today that will attend ChinaJoy 2024 (which is the largest gaming exhibition in Asia, and in recent times also the biggest one in the world):

I assume they'll have there at least games like ZZZ, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Phantom Blade Zero and some China Hero Project.

I wonder what they will have aside from DS2?🤔

They may have there the PS5 Pro and ZZZ, Astro Bot, Concord, Lego Horizon, Until Dawn, Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, Phantom Blade Zero plus, Death Stranding 2 some 3rd party games and some indies on playable form. Maybe also FFVII Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin.

I think it may be too early to have there playable (but they could have a gameplay trailer) of Death Stranding 2, Marathon, Fairgame$, Wolverine.

In the related State of Play they could announce -and maybe have in the booth in a trailer form or maybe even playable- Cory's new IP -it could be the registered Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet- and Horizon Online.

Or well, they may only have there only an indies area as did before in TGS since 2020.

They know Switch 2 will slaughter PS5 & be a more direct competitor w more similar power to the PS4. Switch 2 is finna grab many 3rd party support anyone denying is delusional.

PS been loosing japanese support w japanese studios/publishers focusing more on Switch & it barely has power. Aswell as indie studios & mobile studios releasing games on Switch first then later releasing on PS
PS always had every year way more games published and sold worldwide on their console than Nintendo because they have a bigger 3rd party support.

What is desilusional is that this is going to change with Switch 2, which as usual in Nintendo pretty likely will be an outdated hardware that won't be able to run most of lastest top AAA at decent performance.

Kinda feel that there'll be announcements before TGS otherwise it wouldn't really make sense for them to be there. Maybe September showcase isn't that farfetched of an idea lol
Sony always has a State of Play a few days before TGS. It would also match with the timing to announce PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
With Sony and Square pulling back on their partnerships due to underperforming mainline FF games I’m expecting Sony to work closer with Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo now.
This would be awesome tbh, they cooked with rise of the ronin

Reactions: Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This would be awesome tbh, they cooked with rise of the ronin

I wouldn’t be surprised if Koei Tecmo wasn’t at the top of a short list for potential acquisitions at home.

Over the years we’ve seen tecmo move from
Xbox to Nintendo and now to Sony for partnerships. It’s been a moderate success since Nioh dropped.

I think it would fill a lot of hardcore niches and a potential Ninja Gaiden reboot under the stewardship of PlayStation sounds exciting to me.

Square was a bad bet and I think most have come around to acknowledging this. Probably cheaper and better returns working with Team Ninja.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I wouldn’t be surprised if Koei Tecmo wasn’t at the top of a short list for potential acquisitions at home.

Over the years we’ve seen tecmo move from
Xbox to Nintendo and now to Sony for partnerships. It’s been a moderate success since Nioh dropped.

I think it would fill a lot of hardcore niches and a potential Ninja Gaiden reboot under the stewardship of PlayStation sounds exciting to me.
I just want Rise of the Ronin 2, seamless open world coop added. Would be one of the best coop games ever made honestly.

Reactions: Kokoloko
26 Nov 2023
Sony always has a State of Play a few days before TGS. It would also match with the timing to announce PS5 Pro.

This is where I'm at. New hardware is a great reason to show up at TGS. SoP before TGS is normal but a I think chances of a SoP/Showcase with a Pro + new games announcement are going up.