PlayStation: Xbox's Call of Duty offer was "inadequate on many levels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

"I hadn’t intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum," Ryan stated.

"Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft’s proposal undermines this principle."

Gamesindustry

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
"I hadn’t intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum," Ryan stated.

"Microsoft has only offered for Call of Duty to remain on PlayStation for three years after the current agreement between Activision and Sony ends. After almost 20 years of Call of Duty on PlayStation, their proposal was inadequate on many levels and failed to take account of the impact on our gamers. We want to guarantee PlayStation gamers continue to have the highest quality Call of Duty experience, and Microsoft’s proposal undermines this principle."

Gamesindustry
I was just about to post this but we now know it was only for" three more years".

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Uncle Jim finally behaving like a CEO and showing that he actually has balls. Not surprised by what he said, because it's exactly what every non-astroturfer has figured out by now: MS will not keep COD multiplatform forever if they acquire Activision.

Now let's see if there's actual paperwork on this so that Sony can provide it to the relevant authorities, since MS has lied repeatedly.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Never seen Sony acting like this. They really must hate Microsoft now. Sony will look for vengeance.
Act like what? Thy had to make a statement because there was a false narrative perpetuated by Phil and company. Call of Duty is a beloved franchise that has been on multiple consoles, to lose that wouldn't be a good thing.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I don’t get the liar talk. Spencer said the offer was for several more years. Or at least several more. Which would include three.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022

Cool. My comment still stands.

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
This is like a smoking gun for UK CMA to block the acquisition as Phil Spender is basically confirming that their plan is to take CoD away from all PlayStation gamers 3 years after the current deal with Sony ends.

Personally, I don't care if it's no longer available on PS anymore if they acquire Activision. Game is going to be shit anyway once they get their hands on it.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
This is like a smoking gun for UK CMA to block the acquisition as Phil Spender is basically confirming that their plan is to take CoD away from all PlayStation gamers 3 years after the current deal with Sony ends.

Personally, I don't care if it's no longer available on PS anymore if they acquire Activision. Game is going to be shit anyway once they get their hands on it.
Yeah, i feel like phil spencers good guy act might be the reason it gets blocked (if it does) because he flat out lying. If they had just kept their mouth shut theyd probably have more grounds for this to go through. Phil and MS PR are out in the media lying and got called out for it. Ive never seen anything like it lol.

2 things to think about: Maybe sony hasnt done a show this year because they do have alot of big announcements lined up but want to seem as weak as they can to look better to regulators in regards to this deal?

Maybe theyre holding off on bigger acquisition announcements themselves for the same reason?

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I don’t get the liar talk. Spencer said the offer was for several more years. Or at least several more. Which would include three.
He directly said that and also said current contracts would be honored. Where's the fucking fire here?

Fake outrage, again.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
Status
Not open for further replies.