PS VR2 to add PC support in 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
PSVR2-PC_02-22-24-1024x576.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment is currently testing PC support for its PlayStation VR2 headset with plans to launch in 2024, the company announced.

“We’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PlayStation VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PlayStation VR2 titles available through PlayStation 5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates.”

Further details were not announced.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
If Xbox will eventually drop out of hardware ,which means no more controllers for PC then I would like ps to improve dual sense support.

Xbox series controller is great but lack of gyro is annoying for some games/emulators.

10 Jan 2024
Awesome news, got my PSVR2 would love to use this on PC! I hope its not locked to software specific to Playstation. I want to try Cyberpunk VR!

Very smart play by PlayStation especially with Apples Headset out on market!

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Fuck yes. Glorious. Selling my Quest 2.

I won. :cool:

Got a lot of hate here for requesting this.

The only question that I have now, is how to install a long cable that hangs from the ceiling since I got too used to wireless VR.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I was going to upgrade my TV before getting a PSVR2 but now it has jumped to the front of my list of acquisitions alongside a G29.

VR and GaaS are where PC and PlayStation mutuality benefit each other.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No, you got "hate" for spreading FUD, not for asking for PC support. And it wasn't hate, I simply had to educate you
I honestly don't even remember why you were against it, or why you started accusing me of spreading FUD.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Fuck yes. Glorious. Selling my Quest 2.

I won. :cool:

Got a lot of hate here for requesting this.

The only question that I have now, is how to install a long cable that hangs from the ceiling since I got too used to wireless VR.
You don't need that crap at all

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
What advantages do PS players have right now?
Physical media, temporary exclusives, PS+ and the option to not have to deal with PC. It is what it is.

I'll keep both after this news of PSVR2 being supported on PC.

The only thing I would want now is crossbuy and a Sony store (that hopefully works on Linux too). This Sony store could be use as a way to make a PlayStation portable running PC games viable for PlayStation fans.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and Puff

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I honestly don't even remember why you were against it, or why you started accusing me of spreading FUD.
I was never against PC support, I just said that's not a reason to knock it, people were using no PC support as a reason to why it's trash, which is dumb! Even more so if you're someone against PC ports. PSVR2 was gonna get PC support eventually, either officially or unofficially, like the PSVR1 did. Clearly it didn't make business sense initially. You were also saying the PSVR2 had a weak library which is nonsense.

I'm looking forward to finally being able to play HL Alyx.

Early access 😂

Reactions: Kokoloko

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I was never against PC support, I just said that's not a reason to knock it, people were using no PC support as a reason to why it's trash, which is dumb! Even more so if you're someone against PC ports. PSVR2 was gonna get PC support eventually, either officially or unofficially, like the PSVR1 did. Clearly it didn't make business sense initially. You were also saying the PSVR2 had a weak library which is nonsense.

I'm looking forward to finally being able to play HL Alyx.

Early access 😂
I never said it's trash, I'll now buy it just like I said I would do.

PSVR2 is too niche and it benefits from PC users buying it, it's a similar situation to why Xbox is porting their games to PlayStation.

Regular PS5 AAA single player games have a lot less to gain, specially because of how exposed PC is to piracy.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Exclusive games like Gran Turismo 7, Horizon CoM, Resident Evil 4 remake VR and so on.

So Half Life when?
I assume as soon as it gets compatible with PC, the PC VR games will be compatible with it including Half Life Alyx and the other ones.

Hackers already were making progress, so if Sony doesn't make it themselves, then the hackers will do it once Sony makes it officially compatible.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly