PS2 games for PS Plus Premium seem to be worked on

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Implicit Conversions is the company that is bringing PS1/PSP classics to PS4/5 with their own syrup emulation engine after they reached out to sony to "start an experiment to do more emulation". On their website they mention:

"Right now, we're working on bringing games from the original PS1, PSP, and PS2 to the PS4 and PS5"

The same is also mentioned on their linkedin page:

"Among our clients, we are working with Sony Interactive Entertainment / PlayStation to bring PS1, PS2, and PSP games to the PS4 and PS5. Some of our partners and publishers include Disney Interactive, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, Team17, and Bend Studio."

They also had an interview with Time Extension:

https://www.timeextension.com/featu...assic-games-to-switch-ps5-and-xbox-by-mistake

So it seems to be just a matter of time till we finally see new PS2 games and these should also run in a new and better emulator like the PS1/PSP games.

Source:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It should be able to but the PS3 games are far more complex so the compatibility of games won't be great
PS5 is powerful enough to handle PS3 emulation, there are GPUs with comparable power with the PS5 running RPCS3 on PC, if you look at future generations it tends to get even better, let's suppose PS5 handles a PS3 game at 30fps, the PS5 Pro/PS6 may be able to run it at 60fps with a resolution bump

Reactions: xollowsob and Box

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony fucked up when they started to limit PS1 and PS2 emulation on the PS4 because of achievements, what an absolute failure to prioritize the right things.

We should be talking about a PS3 emulation solution at this point not PS1 and PS2 in 2024.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
PS5 is powerful enough to handle PS3 emulation, there are GPUs with comparable power with the PS5 running RPCS3 on PC, if you look at future generations it tends to get even better, let's suppose PS5 handles a PS3 game at 30fps, the PS5 Pro/PS6 may be able to run it at 60fps with a resolution bump
I know it is it's just the games aren't all the same so alot of them wouldn't be compatible with an emulator

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I know it is it's just the games aren't all the same so alot of them wouldn't be compatible with an emulator
to me they don't even need to work on anything but their first party titles, like Resistance, Killzone, Infamous, Ratchet, Sly, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword, God Of War, PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale, i don't even care about the third party portion

Reactions: Box

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
to be they don't even need to work on anything but their first party titles, like Resistance, Killzone, Infamous, Ratchet, Sly, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword, God Of War, PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale, i don't even care about the third party portion
It's way past time for them to make a choice. They either need to commit to a emulated solutions or just start porting and remaster all the stranded games. In that case, they would also need to approach third party devs to get stuff like GTAIV and MGS4 re-released.

Reactions: Box
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
to be they don't even need to work on anything but their first party titles, like Resistance, Killzone, Infamous, Ratchet, Sly, LittleBigPlanet, Heavenly Sword, God Of War, PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale, i don't even care about the third party portion
I want some 3rd party ones like midnight club LA

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's way past time for them to make a choice. They either need to commit to a emulated solutions or just start porting and remaster all the stranded games. In that case, they would also need to approach third party devs to get stuff like GTAIV and MGS4 re-released.
i just want to play Sly and Ratchet games on my PS5

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
GTA 4 will get a native port for sure, if RDR got one, Rockstar is not dumb, so i don't even care, but i care about first party stuff that remain stuck on PS3

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Hopefully they approach EA and Rockstar and have them bring back all the amazing arcade racers from that gen... Though I'm sure they'll probably have to alter the soundtrack's so maybe that will create problems.

Would be dope to play Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition or Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 again