PS2 games for PS Plus Premium seem to be worked on

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If Sony was on top of their game we would be getting state of the art emulation for PS1 and PS2 games (with AI up-scaling, great filters, etc), as well as PS3 emulation.

They can find all the money required to ports games to PC, to waste on canceled project, to acquire garbage devs like Bungie but can't work on stuff that would actually benefit PlayStation fans and guarantee the health of their ecosystem going forward.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
If Sony was on top of their game we would be getting state of the art emulation for PS1 and PS2 games (with AI up-scaling, great filters, etc), as well as PS3 emulation.

They can find all the money required to ports games to PC, to waste on canceled project, to acquire garbage devs like Bungie but can't work on stuff that would actually benefit PlayStation fans and guarantee the health of their ecosystem going forward.
I think the filters for the ps1 games are pretty good

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Theres no reason why this couldnt be done on the PS4 launch let alone the PS5.

Sony sometimes act like they are a poor starving company. The vita had a big of PS1, PS2 PSP and PSN games from the PS3.

Fucking lazy, cheap and no vision alot of the time these heads of companies/CEO's.

As for Nintendo, we all know if the Switch kept your Wii/Wii U online library/BC, they would of lost so much profit they made from ports and remasters... greedy af

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Theres no reason why this couldnt be done on the PS4 launch let alone the PS5.

Sony sometimes act like they are a poor starving company. The vita had a big of PS1, PS2 PSP and PSN games from the PS3.

Fucking lazy, cheap and no vision alot of the time these heads of companies/CEO's.

As for Nintendo, we all know if the Switch kept your Wii/Wii U online library/BC, they would of lost so much profit they made from ports and remasters... greedy af
They already did do a few on the PS4 , GTA 3 , red faction , destroy all humans 1 & 2 , max Payne , bully / canis canem edit , & more they just stopped quickly (most likely Jim Ryans input )

Reactions: Kokoloko

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Let me ask a question on emulation. Is it a cost thing where you'd pirate a game anyway almost like a free rental, or an accessibility/content service issue for you? Like, if the game was available normally to buy/part of sub/stream on the modern hardware, you wouldn't really look at emulation unless you want to go a step further like HD upscaling or PC modding etc.

Why don't Sony just integrate the modding scene teams, give themselves a jump ahead by buying/licensing the emulation softwares or giving those teams the PS3 handbook? The modders whom are able to do so much without the keys to the castle, should be hired-on as PS's BC team or to a lesser extent game-by-game BC port contracts, like how Sonic Mania came after those Sonic iOS remakes. I know that's what they seem to be doing here, but I mean specifically pointed towards PS3 era titles/collections.

If TitanFall can come back, can't Sony just fire up some servers and rewrite a bit of networking code, and re-launch little fiefdoms "as is", like roms wrapped in PS4/5 runnable container, for the likes of War/Starhawk, MAG, SOCOM. Those games would perform better rewritten slightly to reference PS4/5 capable hardware innards and instructions sets, right? If they do well, Remake/remaster time. Look at Bend releasing Resistance PSP on PS5 (my new more modern example of XB style "improved for series" style improvement glow-ups like Tearaway Unfolded (Vita -> PS4) or Parappa PSP (PSP -> PS4).

I mean... They're unlikely go to back and commission a re-fab of the esoteric PS3 hardware from whichever manufacturer made the cell and friends, say for some kind of PS3 Classic, so the games have to be rescued instead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Let me ask a question on emulation. Is it a cost thing where you'd pirate a game anyway almost like a free rental, or an accessibility/content service issue for you? Like, if the game was available normally to buy/part of sub/stream on the modern hardware, you wouldn't really look at emulation unless you want to go a step further like HD upscaling or PC modding etc.

Why don't Sony just integrate the modding scene teams, give themselves a jump ahead by buying/licensing the emulation softwares or giving those teams the PS3 handbook? The modders whom are able to do so much without the keys to the castle, should be hired-on as PS's BC team or to a lesser extent game-by-game BC port contracts, like how Sonic Mania came after those Sonic iOS remakes. I know that's what they seem to be doing here, but I mean specifically pointed towards PS3 era titles/collections. If TitanFall can come back, can't Sony just fire up some servers and rewrite a bit of networking code, and re-launch little fiefdoms "as is", like roms wrapped in PS4/5 runnable container, for the likes of War/Starhawk, MAG, SOCOM. Those games would perform better rewritten slightly to reference PS4/5 capable hardware innards and instructions sets, right? If they do well. Look at Bend releasing Resistance PSP on PS5 (my new more modern example of XB style "improved for series" style improvement glow-ups like Tearaway Unfolded (Vita -> PS4) or Parappa PSP (PSP -> PS4).

I mean... They're unlikely go to back and commission a re-fab of the esoteric PS3 hardware from whichever manufacturer made the cell and friends, say for some kind of PS3 Classic, so the games have to be rescued instead.

I honestly don't understand what Sony's approach here is with the whole drip feeding a couple games a month.

It isn't expensive to emulate these games, Modders do it for free and a far better job. Licencing should not be an issue for most games since we had tons of ps1 classics on the ps3,psp and Vita.

Most people would be more than happy to legally buy these games. It's like Sony hates money.

They also refuse to remaster Bloodborne despite all the fan demand.

Maybe instead of closing down studios and firing their workers, they can give the fans what they want?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I honestly don't understand what Sony's approach here is with the whole drip feeding a couple games a month.

It isn't expensive to emulate these games, Modders do it for free and a far better job. Licencing should not be an issue for most games since we had tons of ps1 classics on the ps3,psp and Vita.

Most people would be more than happy to legally buy these games. It's like Sony hates money.

They also refuse to remaster Bloodborne despite all the fan demand.

Maybe instead of closing down studios and firing their workers, they can give the fans what they want?
Sony is asleep at the wheel. There is probably 2 interns in charge of the PS classis.

Everything is way too slow for something that should've been perfected more than a decade ago.