12 Jan 2023
Rise of the Ronin

Sexy You Look Good GIF by Bounce

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What a busy year.

Rebirth already preordered. FF16 DLC, GOW Day 1, same for Rise of the Ronin. Stellar Blade depends on reviews. Very interested in Silent Hill. Traitor Kojima I don't know 😒

I don't like coop so I'm waiting to see if Helldivers 2 can be solo.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
What a busy year.

Rebirth already preordered. FF16 DLC, GOW Day 1, same for Rise of the Ronin. Stellar Blade depends on reviews. Very interested in Silent Hill. Traitor Kojima I don't know 😒

Kojimbo scammed green team, his game is some weird AA bullshit using cloud. Probably garbage

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
First party games -

Helldivers 2
Concord
The Final Shape
God of War DLC/Expansion
MLB
Death Stranding 2

Published 2nd party games-

Rise of The Ronin
Stellar Blade

3rd Party exclusives -

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Silent Hill 2
Pacific Drive
Final Fantasy XVI DLC
2024 looking fcking great

Reactions: Diah

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
What a busy year.

Lol traitor kojima. DS2 is going to be great. His cloud bullsht game is going to flop and he’ll come running back to ps to fund his next game. Would be great if he got together with Shinji for a borrow project.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
@Remember_Spinal , I wouldn't count with Death Stranding 2 for 2024. It may happen, but I see it more likely for 2025, or even 2026. I'd also remove the GoWR from the list because most likely doesn't exist.

I'd include in 1st party the list Wolverine (even if I think may end a 2025 game too), TLOU2 Remastered and maybe I think may be 2024 games Cory's new IP and the next Team Asobi game.

In 2nd party I'd add Lost Soul Aside or Convallaria.

In 3rd party I'd include Phantom Blade 0 (cool kung fu stuff), Sword of the Sea (made by Journey, The Pathless, and Abzu creators), Foamstars, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, Ultros.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Mlb?

Game is literally a multiplat given for "free" yearly on Gamepass. No greater L optics wise, unless you count the dollars as a W (which it's somewhat). Then again what's PlayStation? or the point of the thread for that matter. May as well list all third party multiplats releasing next year by that mindset.

Not to mention these days PS exclusives are, in effect, Early Access exclusives, and with GaaS releases (Concord, Helldivers II), no longer the case. The point of these threads is becoming more of a joke the further Sony makes inroads into becoming a third party publisher - as their leadership has proudly explicitly stated (facepalm.gif).

At some point when the Xbox boogeyman is gone, and MS is well on its way with those declining sales..... when those 20-30m Xbox consumers slowly die off (with PlayStation, PC and Nintendo splitting the proceeds) folks will have to come up with different exclusionary props to make PlayStation hardware and its ecosystem feel different and unique. The big elephant in the room is not going away....aka one of PlayStation's most direct competitors - PC. PC is gaining on PlayStation when it comes to the content war, and with Sony's explicit help. I would posit Xbox's diminished market share and declining trajectory is no longer and should no longer be the focus of competing practices and policies from Sony.... specially if the "compromise" by default benefits PC. As it stands today it's clear PC is an even stronger competitor to PlayStation than Xbox, with a hard to crack loyalty base. Valve is making sure ecosystem loyalty strengthens at every policy step of the way with Steam, and their off-shoots, and Sony's software support helps that cause. Unlike Sony heads, Valve is not stupid and knows exactly who their competitors are - consoles.

What's next after Xbox? Pretend that Nintendo is that guy? And not PC and Valve?

This whole push of becoming a third party publisher to increase margins and "expand" at the expense of the PlayStation hardware has consequences.

"Nintendo needs to realize it has a future outside its hardware"....sound advice from successful businessman /s. Seems Sony has crossed that rubicon and believes in that horseshit, hence no need for MS to harp about it.

As soon as the hardware isn't the focus of a platform holder, like Xbox is for MS, the competitive relevance and its hold on consumers diminishes 10 fold - which is the result and what we see in the bleeding of the Xbox brand. And thus the pitch to Nintendo by its ill-wishing rivals thus makes sense....for the software always has to be sold on a platform - and naturally, the ill-wishers want that software on other platforms not owned by Nintendo - for the benefit of that platform holder not named Nintendo (which is seeking to profit the most and lock consumers in - - say PC or "Cloud Servicers"). If you can't beat Nintendo or Sony in the traditional sense, and under the current closed-hardware - software equation, what better than to have them stupidly change course themselves in a fools errand that taps greed as a carrot. Sony is unfortunately halfway there by supporting the PC platform with software, a direct competitor. Publisher loyalty pales in comparison to platform loyalty, just look at EA or ABK storefronts on PC etc and their performance vis a vis Steam. Competitors that wish PlayStation harm naturally wish diminished appeal of PlayStation hardware, which by extension carries the ecosystem on its back. PlayStation exclusive software is a key pillar to PlayStation's hardware appeal. The loop has always been simple.

Bottomline, a lot of PlayStation fanboys have to ask themselves this question:

What is PlayStation?
Define PlayStation. (Not the PlayStation of one generation ago or two generations ago, but today's PlayStation.)

Nintendo fans won't have a problem with that question if asked the same about Nintendo. On the other hand the world salad you're gonna get from Xbox and PlayStation fans, not too far behind speaks for itself.

If I have to answer this question, my answer is simple: "I no longer fucking know what PlayStation is, or what it stands for. I used to know, but no longer do."

Simple questions requiring simple answers.

And the OP title is objectively wrong.

"PS5 and PC 2024 line up looks good so far" is more apt.

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Mlb?

Game is literally a multiplat given for "free" yearly on Gamepass. No greater L optics wise, unless you count the dollars as a W (which it's somewhat). Then again what's PlayStation? or the point of the thread for that matter. May as well list all third party multiplats releasing next year by that mindset.

Not to mention these days PS exclusives are, in effect, Early Access exclusives, and with GaaS releases (Concord, Helldivers II), no longer the case. The point of these threads is becoming more of a joke the further Sony makes inroads into becoming a third party publisher - as their leadership has proudly explicitly stated (facepalm.gif).

At some point when the Xbox boogie man is gone, and MS is well on its way with those declining sales..... when those 20-30m Xbox consumers slowly die off (with PlayStation, PC and Nintendo splitting the proceeds) folks will have to come up with different exclusionary props to make PlayStation hardware and its ecosystem feel different and unique. The big elephant in the room is not going away....aka one of PlayStation's most direct competitors - PC. PC is gaining on PlayStation when it comes to the content war, and with Sony's explicit help. I would posit Xbox's diminished market share and declining trajectory is no longer and should no longer be the focus of competing practices and policies for Sony.... specially if the compromise by default benefits PC. As it stands today it's clear PC is an even stronger competitor to PlayStation than Xbox, with a hard to crack loyalty base. Valve is making sure ecosystem loyalty strengthens at every policy step of the way, and Sony's software support helps that cause. Unlike Sony heads, Valve is not stupid and knows exactly who their competitors are - consoles.

What's next after Xbox? Pretend that Nintendo is that guy? And not PC and Valve?

This whole push of becoming a third party publisher to increase margins and "expand" at the expense of the PlayStation hardware has consequences.

"Nintendo needs to realize it has a future outside its hardware"....sound advice from successful businessman /s. Seems Sony has crossed that rubicon and believes in that horseshit, hence no need to even mention it.

As soon as the hardware isn't the focus, like Xbox... the competitive relevance of Nintendo and its hold on consumers diminishes 10 fold - which is the whole point. For the software will always have to be sold on a platform - and naturally, that will be a platform that Nintendo should not own - for the benefit of that platform holder not named Nintendo (to profit the most and lock consumers in - say PC or "Cloud services"). If you can't beat them, have them stupidly change course themselves in a fools errand that taps greed as a carrot. Sony's halfway there. Publisher loyalty pales in comparison to platform loyalty, just look at EA or ABK storefronts on PC etc and their performance vis a vis Steam. Competitors that wish PlayStation harm naturally wish diminished appeal of PlayStation hardware, which by extension carries the ecosystem on its back. PlayStation exclusive software is a key pillar to PlayStation's hardware appeal. The loop has always been simple.

Bottomline, a lot of PlayStation fanboys have to ask themselves this question:

What is PlayStation?
Define PlayStation. (Not the PlayStation of one generation ago or two generations ago, but today's PlayStation.)

Nintendo fans won't have a problem with that question if asked the same about Nintendo. On the other hand the world salad you're gonna get from Xbox and PlayStation fans, not too far behind speaks for itself.

If I have to answer this question, my answer is simple: "I no longer fucking know what PlayStation is, or what it stands for. I used to know, but no longer do."

Simple questions requiring simple answers.

And the OP title is objectively wrong.

"PS5 and PC 2024 line up looks good so far" is more apt.

Yeah either way Microsoft wins. pc is very underestimated when it comes to popularity it seems.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Is it like the 4th threads about this.

Putting aside that Final Shape garbage out, yea it is good.

The fans are promoting these games more than Sony is, it seems like we care about the company more than the executives

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
@Remember_Spinal , I wouldn't count with Death Stranding 2 for 2024. It may happen, but I see it more likely for 2025, or even 2026. I'd also remove the GoWR from the list because most likely doesn't exist.

I'd include in 1st party the list Wolverine (even if I think may end a 2025 game too), TLOU2 Remastered and maybe I think may be 2024 games Cory's new IP and the next Team Asobi game.

In 2nd party I'd add Lost Soul Aside or Convallaria.

In 3rd party I'd include Phantom Blade 0 (cool kung fu stuff), Sword of the Sea (made by Journey, The Pathless, and Abzu creators), Foamstars, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, Ultros.
Phantom blade 2024 I think is very unlikely. They said a demo is coming and I think that’s all that will be available for a while. Chinese and Korean studios reveal projects very early to get funding but the games are usually still years away for example stellar blade, black myth, perceiver, where the winds meat, lost soul aside
Concord is what I am intrigue about. Think it could be a fast pace FPS.
same. I love this vibes from the teaser and I have watched it at least a dozen times.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Or we just care about games and aren’t pulling our hair out worrying about sonys financials and the suits that work there

If they want to make money, how about they announce something that isn't a PC port that will only sell 100 copies?

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
The fans are promoting these games more than Sony is, it seems like we care about the company more than the executives
Sony's PR is the best in the industry mate...

They are also consilidating their PR machine, which means it gonna get more outputted IRL than silly social media posts