PS5 accounted for over 50% of all game consoles sold during Q1 2023, in the UK

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
So, the second biggest market for Xbox is slowly moving away from the platform. This is what happens when you treat your customers outside the US as an afterthought. I can't imagine any possible scenario where Xbox gains marketshare again. They can buy every publisher and all the devs they want, people have been burnt way too many times at this point to buy a Xbox again, in the hopes that they will produce games that the market actually wants in a quality comparable to its competitors.

Congrats to Sony. I think once Tears of the Kingdom drops, Nintendo will see better sales again, though I think most people are waiting for the next console at this point

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
So, the second biggest market for Xbox is slowly moving away from the platform. This is what happens when you treat your customers outside the US as an afterthought. I can't imagine any possible scenario where Xbox gains marketshare again. They can buy every publisher and all the devs they want, people have been burnt way too many times at this point to buy a Xbox again, in the hopes that they will produce games that the market actually wants in a quality comparable to its competitors.

Congrats to Sony. I think once Tears of the Kingdom drops, Nintendo will see better sales again, though I think most people are waiting for the next console at this point
They are having a hard time getting former Xbox owners and PS4 owners to buy the Series. Right now the Series only appeals to hardcore Xbox fanboys and clueless/cheap casuals that probably never had a console before.

The Series consoles are a disaster.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I dunno if Jim and Sony have the cajones but if they pulled the plug on Activision..... that would be a huge blow to MSFT and a lesson they would have to learn about being so aggressive in acquisitions.
This is more on MS, I believe. Phil will learn the hard way that games need more the PS ecosystem than the PS ecosystem needs them.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I dunno if Jim and Sony have the cajones but if they pulled the plug on Activision..... that would be a huge blow to MSFT and a lesson they would have to learn about being so aggressive in acquisitions.
I don't think Sony can even do that without being sued. What they can do is to never promote or engage with ABK and just let Xbox poison their IPs over time.

Take the money that would go into CoD an put it in it's direct competitors like Respawn games. Make an example out of ABK (and Bethesda too).

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters