PS5 accounted for over 50% of all game consoles sold during Q1 2023, in the UK

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I don't think Sony can even do that without being sued. What they can do is to never promote or engage with ABK and just let Xbox poison their IPs over time.

Take the money that would go into CoD an put it in it's direct competitors like Respawn games. Make an example out of ABK (and Bethesda too).
I dont think you can sue someone for not buying lemonade from your lemonade stand.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I dont think you can sue someone for not buying lemonade from your lemonade stand.
By pulling the plug I assumed he meant blocking ABK games from releasing on PlayStation and not buying "lemonade" from them.

I don't think Sony can just arbitrarily blacklist a publisher. It would also piss off fans of their games, let ABK make that mistake themselves.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Do you guys think xbox collapsing WW like this is intentional on Microsoft's part to appear weak for regulators or just down to general incompetence? I genuinely cant tell. On one hand i could buy that its on purpose to appear weak for regulators but theyve been doing this bad for along time now so it could just be to incompetence? Its like they refuse to acknowledge a game console needs games and want to do everything else but that.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
yes, it stole all God of War hype. overshadowed. trust me dude.

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Do you guys think xbox collapsing WW like this is intentional on Microsoft's part to appear weak for regulators or just down to general incompetence? I genuinely cant tell. On one hand i could buy that its on purpose to appear weak for regulators but theyve been doing this bad for along time now so it could just be to incompetence? Its like they refuse to acknowledge a game console needs games and want to do everything else but that.
What do you need an Xbox for these days? That should answer your question.

P.S. There is stock on the shelves.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yep they have been pretending to suck for the last 20 years just to appear weak to bamboozle the CMA.

You can't get beat by the competition if you knock yourself out first.

How hard can it be to just accept that Xbox is poorly run? So poorly run in fact that they needed to spend $80B just to keep from being driven out of the console market by a subsidiary that might not even be worth $80B.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Uk was the only place Xbox got a strong marketshare and the only place outside USA where Xbox cared to focused on advertising etc.

This is the slow effect of an Xbox one disaster followed by a generation where they did nothing - just a lot of talk.

I’m admired how resilient that brand is but I think it’s due to its use of English speaking media.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Uk was the only place Xbox got a strong marketshare and the only place outside USA where Xbox cared to focused on advertising etc.

This is the slow effect of an Xbox one disaster followed by a generation where they did nothing - just a lot of talk.

I’m admired how resilient that brand is but I think it’s due to its use of English speaking media.
Xbox one is very little to do with it. It can stumble beginning at little bit, but, later, there is no excuses.
Every Gen is soft reboot to the whole industry.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Xbox one is very little to do with it. It can stumble beginning at little bit, but, later, there is no excuses.
Every Gen is soft reboot to the whole industry.
No gen is a reboot ever since digital libraries became a thing. The horrible gen Xbox One had has everything to do with how Xbox does now.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Zeroing
24 Jun 2022

If it's intentional, just to appear weak, then it will fail. Because regulators have to keep in mind that in a fair market with actual competition, there are always winners and losers, and MS losing market share (especially in terms of software revenue) can just as easily be argued as a result of them failing to meet the needs of the market among end customers, developers and publishers.

Just letting Microsoft buy whoever they want because they're in third would be regulators blatantly ignoring the reality of the fair competitive market altogether, and ignoring the reality of actual competition.

But in all seriousness no, I don't think Microsoft are making these fumbles on purpose. They are just genuinely that incompetent in terms of making good decisions in the console gaming space.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Its not intentional because they have been doing price cuts and promotional bundles. They just aren’t moving units, you can go on the website or amazon an get a forza bundle or fine a series s discounted as we speak. I did that for my location, west coast US, UK, and Japan.

The whole “shortage” of Xbox’s thing is propaganda in defense of the lack of demand. The problem is they have no games to sell which means they are cutting back on marketing cause they dont have anything to market outside of gamepass.

If Microsoft was deliberately tanking sales for this acquisition someone needs to be fired cause thats the dumbest fucking idea I’ve ever heard. Every user lost to the competition is one you’ll likely never get back, especially in the digital age.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just to be clear, Xbox is readily available in the UK (and anywhere except for the US, allegedly). You can pick up a Series X bundle in store or online at any of the UK's leading retailers.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I don't think Sony can even do that without being sued. What they can do is to never promote or engage with ABK and just let Xbox poison their IPs over time.

Take the money that would go into CoD an put it in it's direct competitors like Respawn games. Make an example out of ABK (and Bethesda too).
I think this depends on existing contracts. Remember it was reported back then Sony will get 3 upcoming CODs: Warzone 2, MW2 amd next one coming in 2023. Otherwise Microsoft wouldn’t have offered them them a contract for 10 years. As we know Sony rejected this contract, means where no paper was signed, Microsoft could do shit to sue Sony. Honestly I would love seeing Sony insisting not to sign the contract and let Call of Duty die.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Just to be clear, Xbox is readily available in the UK (and anywhere except for the US, allegedly). You can pick up a Series X bundle in store or online at any of the UK's leading retailers.
My friend who lives in San Francisco, says they are available all the time at Walmart and Best Buy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wonder if the oty guy realized that Sony focuded in PSVR2 launch this first quarter and that why there is no bit hit release like Sony schedule.
And of course Sony opened the first quarter to a 3rd-party publisher.... Square Enis with Forspoken but they have no control in the success or not of the title.

Outside that...

People are finally realizing that Series sales are worst than Xbox One sales and the HYPE that Xbox was better than ever was just a fabrication from heavy and loud fans.