PS5 hits 61m as Sony’s year-on-year Q1 hardware sales fall but operating income rises

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
GUXHJ3PXUAANptG
Very healthy mau numbers. Most of the PS userbase is actually using their console on a regular basis.

But experts tell us they are all moving over to pc 🥴

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Only thing moving units for them this year is Helldivers. Concord likely DOA. Maybe astrobot but this time it’s not bundled with every console (still not enough for me to try it) so let’s see what it can actually do — I’m not expecting much but I’m wiling to be surprised.

Hoping Sony will have a major release for holiday.

26 Nov 2023
Seems like an overall good place to be and this is with a really thin lineup of games. The hope is that with new game announcements and releases, as well as GTA 6, we should be seeing growth or at worse maintain trajectory. Will be super interesting to see how the Pro fares.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Stop putting your games on PC and have a in person showcase and announce some games you idiots.

And before people get out of hand with the digital ratio; for the billionth time, the digital number includes DLC and games that are exclusively digital. Physical only has physical games. We’ve already seen from the Sony games chart physical media makes up a lot of games sales.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Again, you are arguing for the sake of it. You go cry to @Sircaw for doom posts, yet here you are instigating them.

Me instigating them. Naaaah. Just pointing out how people can be out of touch. Never opened a doom thread. PS5 is doing great for its price

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I guess that makes more sense lol And PS5 is like 2 million behind PS4? Will be interesting to see if they can close that gap. They need to ramp up their software lineup.

PS5 was aligned with PS4 the first year or 2 I believe. Then fell behind because of stock shortage. Only in the U.S. and Japan is the PS5 ahead of PS4.

Sony need to drop the price and announced first party exclusive games for PS5. They need to get some excitement going around the brand.

25 Jul 2022
would've already surpassed PS4 if it wasn't for the global pandemic

FTFY

Take into account PS5 still hasn't had a true price cut or Pro release yet both had already happened launch aligned for PS4 ($299) PS4 Pro ($399)

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
How does CCU goes down after selling 23 million last year & doing quite well this year? Looks like some cannibalizing with PS users likely going to other platform such as PC, Mobile or Nintendo. Haven’t PS CCU been going down for like 3+ years straight? PC port effects?

I know pandemic boosted numbers buts that really occurred in 2020-2021 at the highest.