may-2024-sales-4-2.png
may-2024-sales-4-3.png
They are just made up charts with fake data

Reactions: Evilms

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
LMAO! We're now using VG charts? Bad when they overestimate xbox numbers but good when it's doom time? Some of you REALLY need to get out more.

@Bryank75

Can we get a separate doom and gloom section or something? These threads, using unconfirmed and outright fake data at times, are tiresome.

• Heart
Reactions: voke

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
EU barely got shipments for it's first 2 years cause Sony prioritised US (due to stronger competition of Xbox there) they allocated stock from Japan to US as well. That's why they were bullish last year on 25 to eventually match/overtake PS4 cause they resolved stock issues; hence the first few months of console sales last year it shot up to 150+% increases . Doubt Sony is worried, they dominate EU, even though VG is absolute not accurate they are behind and there is a gap to catch up

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
LMAO! We're now using VG charts? Bad when they overestimate xbox numbers but good when it's doom time? Some of you REALLY need to get out more.

@Bryank75

Can we get a separate doom and gloom section or something? These threads, using unconfirmed and outright fake data at times, are tiresome.
VGChartz is the only source that constantly updates console sales, if you have one, feel free to indicate

Reactions: Box

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
VG Chartz should be a banned source, last official numbers we got were just 800k behind PS4 at the end of Q1 2024/ March 31 using Sony's own numbers. Not even Installbase will accept what OP is saying and they hate PlayStation lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
VGChartz is the only source that constantly updates console sales, if you have one, feel free to indicate
Just walk away. You spent the last year moaning about sales of a video game console instead of playing games. It's a miserable way to live. If something worried/pissed me off that much, I'd move on. Why torture yourself?

Sony's latest data has the difference at less than a million. It's now 5 based on a known fake charts "estimate"?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Just walk away. You spent the last year moaning about sales of a video game console instead of playing games. It's a miserable way to live. If something worried/pissed me off that much, I'd move on. Why torture yourself?
no, what you gonna do? you live in a democratic world my friend, people are allowed to have different opinions than yours

Reactions: Box

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
no, what you gonna do? you live in a democratic world my friend, people are allowed to have different opinions than yours
There's a difference between sharing your opinion and spending every waking hour dooming. It's not healthy and it certainly isn't based on facts. Facts are, Sony had the difference at a little over 800 000 and vg chartz, a known site with fake info, especially against PS, has the difference at 5 million. Who do you believe? Official data presented at a shareholders meeting or a known astroturfing site?

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
would love to hear how sales data involves any type of opinion.
it shouldn't tbh, i simply posted a report from one of main websites that report console sales, it may not be extremely accurate, but it is a source, and it's no news to anyone here PS5 has been struggling in Europe, Sony mentions it is ahead of PS4 in North America and Japan, but they never mention Europe, Europe used to be the biggest region for them last gen, out of the 118M PS4s sold, more than 45 million PS4s were sold there in Europe.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
VG Chartz should be a banned source, last official numbers we got were just 800k behind PS4 at the end of Q1 2024/ March 31 using Sony's own numbers. Not even Installbase will accept what OP is saying and they hate PlayStation lol.
Sony doesn't breakdown regional sales though? They are ahead of PS4 in some markets which makes up the European deficit.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
There's a difference between sharing your opinion and spending every waking hour dooming. It's not healthy and it certainly isn't based on facts. Facts are, Sony had the difference at a little over 800 000 and vg chartz, a known site with fake info, especially against PS, has the difference at 5 million. Who do you believe? Official data presented at a shareholders meeting or a known astroturfing site?
if you don't like the conversation, simply don't engage in the conversation, you don't control or mandate anything here, i'll continue to post whatever i want in the conversation area because, again, you don't control or dictate anything here, and neither do i, that's why i engane in threads i like, anything else?

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony doesn't breakdown regional sales though? They are ahead of PS4 in some markets which makes up the European deficit.
they mentioned PS5 is ahead of PS4 in North America and Japan in their Inverstors Event last month, no Europe mention

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
You can also expect like tons of Microsoft games on Switch 2.
true, and even some PlayStation games like LEGO Horizon and even potentially something like Sackboy, Sony won't stop porting, i would not be surprised if they acquire that Studio Gobo to assist development and port games to Nintendo Switch

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony doesn't even provide regional sales updates, they always share the total number, so implying Sony said they're 800k below in Europe is just unethical to say the least.