PS5 Pro codenamed ‘PROJECT TRINITY’ details and release date

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
As PS4 and PS4 PRO owners plus a gamer who plays loads of games, it sounds like big pile of
pile GIF
We indeed continue playing games that runs like shit 🤷‍♂️

The difference is you are fine with that but I don't like to play games that run like shit.
Different standards.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If you go on Twitter or read any Xbox fanboy comments right now, it's clear that there is fear in the air..

They are wondering what this will mean for BOTH the series S and series X.

Will the Series S be left behind? Will developers stop making games for it?

and will Series X become even MORE overshadowed by the PS5 Pro? Of course it will....

This is devastating for Xbox and their console sales.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
We indeed continue playing games that runs like shit 🤷‍♂️

The difference is you are fine with that but I don't like to play games that run like shit.
Different standards.
maybe, what you are playing, run like shit. i had ZERO issues whole 7 years with PS4 systems.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
If you go on Twitter or read any Xbox fanboy comments right now, it's clear that there is fear in the air..

and will Series X become even MORE overshadowed by the PS5 Pro? Of course it will....

There are more Series S than Series X so good luck.

It is like almost every "smart" decisions by Xbox were a bunch of moronic afterthoughts they pushed out and met with repercussions

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
May I speak to you, this is from attendants of Sony Airlines. We are about to take off from Haneda Airport and our destination is Red Dead Redemption 2. Please fasten your seatbelt and turn on your mobile phone airplane mode and turn off other electronic equipments that transmit signals.

Vroooooooooooooom~~~~~~ PS4 Pro jet engine sound*
Oh yeah the fan noise was occasionally annoying

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
May I speak to you, this is from attendants of Sony Airlines. We are about to take off from Haneda Airport and our destination is Red Dead Redemption 2. Please fasten your seatbelt and turn on your mobile phone airplane mode and turn off other electronic equipments that transmit signals.

Vroooooooooooooom~~~~~~ PS4 Pro jet engine sound*

The PS4 had the exact same issue. TLOU Pt2 made mine scream.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Best version of COD on PlayStation (tm) 😜

Reactions: Thunderstorm__

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Promotional photos will look twice better for sure, and devs don't have to cut corners like...

I hope Pro will target 500 USD price tag like PS5. Sony should play their card well. 300 USD Slim, 500 USD Pro.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
We have evidence of the opposite... since digital foundry, nx game, etc videos until serveral performance issues posts in devs boards.
PS4 Pro and PS4 base delivery was not fine at all after Pro.

And that bullshit of "it is a flag", "it just a menu option", etc was already debunked... devs needs a lot of work and time testing for to make these several modes options works.

You are just closing your eyes to the issues.
I'm not sure which games you are talking about, titles like just cause 3 (released before the pro) or cyberpunk 2077 and a few more were always going to have performance problems. The pro has nothing to do with it.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Promotional photos will look twice better for sure, and devs don't have to cut corners like...

I hope Pro will target 500 USD price tag like PS5. Sony should play their card well. 300 USD Slim, 500 USD Pro.

Colt is in full swing panic mode. These idiots will do anything to cover the truth :ROFLMAO:

• haha
Reactions: historia and Umar

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Continued asinine decisions by Jim Ryan, their PS5 exclusive content production has barely hit off full force and they want people to spend money again for what? We already have upscaled 4k and 60fps options.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
You guys get very defensive over stuff that isn't there.

The biggest change in the pro consoles last gen was their significantly bigger GPU where they doubled in size compared to PS4 after a few years. If the PS5 Pro GPU is only slightly bigger than the Series X after 4 years, what does that tell you 🤷

Like no shit the Series X competes with the PS5, its GPU was based on the exact same tech at the time. PS5 Pro is going to have 4 years of advancements to show off. I never said the Series X was or would be equal to the PS5 Pro.

Whether or not that's RDNA3 will have to be seen but if it is, cool.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

The biggest change in the pro consoles last gen was their significantly bigger GPU where they doubled in size compared to PS4 after a few years. If the PS5 Pro GPU is only slightly bigger than the Series X after 4 years, what does that tell you 🤷

Like no shit the Series X competes with the PS5, its GPU was based on the exact same tech at the time. PS5 Pro is going to have 4 years of advancements to show off. I never said the Series X was or would be equal to the PS5 Pro.

Muh supply constraints

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

What you said makes no sense whatsoever, none of it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
PS5 Pro die gonna be around 340-360mm based on my calculation if Sony make one.

In comparison Xbox Series X die is around 360mm, and the cooling solution is much more expensive.

MS can't simply lower Xbox Series X price without losing more money albeit, if Sony prices it 500 USD without a disc drive.

Best they can do is reduce the Series mm node, but they also sharing node between 2 console SKU, doing that would require another 2 redesign and well, it also costs a lot of money.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

They're panicking. Unleash the Kraken!

2024 PS5 Pro is the perfect move for Sony, we can tell that by how these Xbots are freaking out.

It would be hilarious to see MS trying to sell their own version of a Pro console in 2025.

If there is no PS5 Pro then Jim Ryan is a lost cause and irredeemable.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
2024 PS5 Pro is the perfect move for Sony, we can tell that by how these Xbots are freaking out.

It would be hilarious to see MS trying to sell their own version of a Pro console in 2025.

If there is no PS5 Pro then Jim Ryan is a lost cause and irredeemable.
Funny how they spend 400 years boasting about power of RDNA 2 and then how Series S is a non issue. Then whatever to this.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I feel like if Xbox had their own mid gen refresh planned anytime soon it would have leaked by now. They are notoriously bad at keeping secrets.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I feel like if Xbox had their own mid gen refresh planned anytime soon it would have leaked by now. They are notoriously bad at keeping secrets.
The X sells less than the S. Begs to reason they would see no benefit in adding to that layer.

Unless they feel compelled by Sony’s move to remain relevant in the space.