PS5 Pro codenamed ‘PROJECT TRINITY’ details and release date

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It's also going to take ages for 8K content to be produced when 4K is still lacking to this day.
8K Ray Tracing will be their marketing buzzword. Most consumers who need a better thing to play just gonna buy them, it is more powerful. They don't care.

• brain
Reactions: Banana

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Of course, but average consumers are idiots.
8K Ray Tracing will be their marketing buzzword. Most consumers who need a better thing to play just gonna buy them, it is more powerful. They don't care.
The slow rate of adoption of 8K TVs show thatt it's not going to work. 8K does not appeal to anyone, people already have experience with 4K and how little it actually mattered when most content consumed isn't even properly 4K.

An honest message would work much better.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
The slow rate of adoption of 8K TVs show thatt it's not going to work. 8K does not appeal to anyone, people already have experience with 4K and how little it actually mattered when most content consumed isn't even properly 4K.
Sony is a hardware company. Sony makes 8k tvs. Sony would like to sell more 8k tvs.

What is hard to understand? Tech always improves.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PS5 GPU has 18WGP.
PS5 GDDR6 is 14000 MT/s.

Memory is not a issue because the bus will dictate the final bandwidth so a 320bits bus can do wonders even without a big increase in MT/s.

But the WGP seems a small jump.
30 WGP at same speeds as actual PS5 will give you around 17TFLOPS.

And I have the feeling the clocks will decrease due the more WGPszzz maybe 15-16TFs.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
PS5 GPU has 18WGP.
PS5 GDDR6 is 14000 MT/s.

Memory is not a issue because the bus will dictate the final bandwidth so a 320bits bus can do wonders even without a big increase in MT/s.

But the WGP seems a small jump.
30 WGP at same speeds as actual PS5 will give you around 17TFLOPS.

And I have the feeling the clocks will decrease due the more WGPszzz maybe 15-16TFs.
Well, that makes sense and will give us 4K gaming with improved RT and consistent fps

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well, that makes sense and will give us 4K gaming with improved RT and consistent fps
It just to set expectations… with 30WGP it will way smaller jump than PS4 to PS4 Pro for example.

Of course the games will have better resolution and maybe (if the CPU keep the upgrade) framerate.

For 8k it is still a joke.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
there is no 8k. good luck waiting for PS8 or PS9 for that.

i would be happy getting 4k60fps Graphics mode.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Nov 2024 is more reasonable than 2023. I still think a Pro model is unnecessary this generation. Also alarming they're not emphasizing VR as a motivation, which would most benefit from the hardware.
no VR would benefit the least, PSVR2 already has a lot of overhead thanks to FOVeated rendering. This is for 3rd party studios that can't optimize their games

JohnnyLove

3 May 2023
I bet it will be at least RDNA 4, something new like Cache Scrubber and with over 2700mhz. Clock speed >>> CU. It will be faster than PS5 and Series X/S combined.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
8K has no marketshare and won't have any significant marketshare by the time the PS5 Pro becomes obsolete.

It's just idiotic to focus on it, not to mention that it's a lie and PS5 Pro won't get even close to rendering actual games at 8K.
We dont know they are focusing on it. It will probably be like the PS5 when they mentioned it can play 8K

Im sure it will just give studios more options for performance and graphics mode. 60fps, 120fps, 4k, dynamic4k, Ray tracing options etc

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The green rats are insecure that PS5 will be most powerful console :D
Maybe there is some truth to there not being a xbox series pro console?

Microsoft are in a bit of a dilemna.

Developers are already complaining about the series s, adding another box to consider is just going to make the series s a even bigger headache then it is now.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

An honest message would work much better.
I am an early adopter of 4K TV back when it hit the market like 10 years go.

It still running well right now in my parents's home lol. It even has built-in satalitte receiver and no garbage Android TV.

Too bad the speaker on both side look garbage
100000001002206028_10213.jpg

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Maybe there is some truth to there not being a xbox series pro console?

Microsoft are in a bit of a dilemna.

Developers are already complaining about the series s, adding another box to consider is just going to make the series s a even bigger headache then it is now.

"Microsoft are in a bit of a dilemma"

hot fuzz mustache GIF

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
60 CUs RDNA3, running at 2.2 Ghz, that gonna be at least 35 TFLOPs FP32, great marketing number Sony (y)

Just hope for at least 100% performance uplift in rasitization performance.

JohnnyLove

3 May 2023

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Moderating
16 Jun 2022
Let's talk about the "do I need a PS5 Pro?"

Until 1 month ago I would have said "hard no". But today? Given that the street date would be November 2024, and that at that time my launch PS5 would be 4 years old, looks like it could be a good opportunity to actually buy a box that is in warranty AND may be a step forward.

It really depends on how much it's going to cost and the difference with the trade-in price of my launch PS5.

• brain
Reactions: kuzon and Jim Ryan

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Let's talk about the "do I need a PS5 Pro?"

Until 1 month ago I would have said "hard no". But today? Given that the street date would be November 2024, and that at that time my launch PS5 would be 4 years old, looks like it could be a good opportunity to actually buy a box that is in warranty AND may be a step forward.

It really depends on how much it's going to cost and the difference with the trade-in price of my launch PS5.
I always get deal like PS+Soundbar+TV for like 30-40% of market price so I would probably upgrade anyway

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I am an early adopter of 4K TV back when it hit the market like 10 years go.

It still running well right now in my parents's home lol. It even has built-in satalitte receiver and no garbage Android TV.

Too bad the speaker on both side look garbage
100000001002206028_10213.jpg
We are in 2023 and youtube is now charging for higher bitrate 1080p, Netflix charges extra for 4K, very few sport events are broadcast in 4K, 4K Blu-rays are still a fraction of disc sales. Reconstructed games in 4K is probably the most consistent use of 4K screen.

Reactions: SuperDuper