PS5 Pro hate: "Microsoft is tossing money into the campaign to cast doubt" says HeisenbergFX4

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
aabV01u.png

y79pl6E.png

December 2023
Jk1qGsH.png

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Sony did themselves no favors with that price. It’s not that the tech is bad or unimpressive, it’s that Sony showed old, crossgen games in small snippets and then dropped a 700 dollar price point next to it. I’m sure MS has their schemes but Sony themselves could’ve handled this a lot better.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Sony did themselves no favors with that price. It’s not that the tech is bad or unimpressive, it’s that Sony showed old, crossgen games in small snippets and then dropped a 700 dollar price point next to it. I’m sure MS has their schemes but Sony themselves could’ve handled this a lot better.
The announcement of 1-2 games, in the spirit of DaysGone 2 or the new Twisted Metal, would have improved the situation a lot, but now Sony is busy with the PC port of God of War: Ragnarök...

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
It's Phil's last shot, everything is banking on CoD to perform for GP. If new or current customers are forking over 700 upcoming holiday season that means no Xbox or PC where you can take GP subscription. He's on the end of his rope with Amy Hood (who wants to shutdown Xbox hardware) & Satya

MS Astroturfing campaign has been the most obvious thing this gen, so not surprised with this.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Would you mind posting a link to the thread where he said this please? I’d like to read it. Thanks!

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Of course they are. MS invests more in astroturfing than they do in their own games. And it shows. Each and every one of their astroturfing campaigns turned into a pile of shit once facts were presented. But it's not stopping them from doing it again. And they;re the only company doing this to this extent.

The sooner they fuck off from gaming, the better.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I mean it's nothing unexpected at this point. We know Microsoft spends money on astroturfing campaigns. If the Activision deal fiasco didn't pull the mask off, then I dunno what would.

However Some of the blame also lies on Sony. They've been sitting on this machine for quite awhile and they thought the best way to showcase it was using Remastered PS4 games?

They could not have gotten one single 3rd party to come on board to showcase the new improvements for their brief video?

This company is literally out of touch with an audience they are try to bleedy dry.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Microsoft propaganda never swayed me and neither did media coverage.

The issue for me is the mixed messaging of Sony themselves... I want to see a platform that is growing and by that, I mean more consoles sold everywhere in the world.

PC is not a part of the PlayStation platform, GAAS are not a platform expansion either. Only console sales are

So when I see pro coming out... Where are the first party exclusive games to sell it ? You ported them and now they have NO value to sell anymore consoles.

Where is the price cut to the base model to sell more to more casuals? It actually went up in price.

I have no problem with a 700 or even 1000 model, as long as it isnt used as a way just to squeeze people more at every level.

Sony need to get out of their own way.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
God, people are fucking stupid. Microsoft ports their games to PlayStation with many more to come which is basically giving up, raising prices, selling a $600 Series X because Microsoft wants MORE MONEY but yet, they're going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars by giving it to outlets to shit on PS5 Pro? Sure, okay.

Sony going with $700 is because first and foremost, they're done losing money on anything. Second, the tech is actually worth $700 and third, Sony is getting their fan base and PS5 owners/consumers in general ready for higher prices next generation.

I said it before, next Xbox console in 2026 and PS6 in 2028 will be $800 with their respective portable/handheld models being $500 and the cheaper entry point. Both will become luxury items and if the economy stays as bad as it is now or gets worse, then neither Microsoft or Sony are passing on any savings to anyone as neither company will be taking a loss which they both have already started doing.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Microsoft is so done if they release a new console in 2026. Hardware was never an issue since the Xbox one X.

Just get some goddamn quality games out every single year. Sony can afford to have slumps as they gained goodwill since the first PS and always knew that it's more important to close the generation with a bang than to start it.