PS5 Pro hate: "Microsoft is tossing money into the campaign to cast doubt" says HeisenbergFX4

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
in the spirit of DaysGone 2
Cat GIF by Storyful

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
How absolutely unexpected. I believe it was @ToTTenTranz who scoffed at the thread title here:

and who is active in this thread trying to discredit the Xbox insider. It's so very very interesting.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony did themselves no favors with that price. It’s not that the tech is bad or unimpressive, it’s that Sony showed old, crossgen games in small snippets and then dropped a 700 dollar price point next to it. I’m sure MS has their schemes but Sony themselves could’ve handled this a lot better.
Not only that $700 price but also releasing pc ports of there tenpole games.

TLOU1 remake was a gonna look good at 4K 60 on the PS5 pro but it’s already on PC where people already played it at that performance. All of the games shown are on PC outside FF rebirth so it’s like ok cool but these performance can already be played on PC.

Sony has to decided if the want to be like Xbox & release games day 1 on all platforms & kill the PS platform & get all the money or be like Steam/Nintendo & double/triple down on your own platform increasing exclusivity output from first party & seeking other methods to expand the games franchise to new crowd. Making a rated t GOW spin off that’s more of a platformer would be great same can be done w uncharted, tlou, death stranding & or bring back universal family driven games like Jak & Daxter, ape escape, Sly cooper, gravity rush, locoroco etc to bring & cultivated a family driven audience into PS but without making those games exclusive & I mean permanently exclusive PS will never cultivate the family audience w the PS brand. Lego horizon exclusively to PS5 & PS4 would’ve been a major step in that instead it’s on PC & Nintendo so family will just buy it on Nintendo.

Either way Sony can’t have it both way. You can’t release pc port & have time exclusive & compete w Valve/Steam & Nintendo your cutting your potential maximization in the PS brand by releasing ports. It’s the same reason Xbox will never be able to truly compete w PS since they port there games to PC maybe if Xbox had there games exclusive including Bethesda & ABK they could’ve push 80+ million but it’s to late MS has already diminish the Xbox brand to casuals as the uncool/no hype platform.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They should have stepped into the minute Microsoft got republicans to attack foreign allies last year over a darn publisher buyout
Yeah not sure why Sony doesn’t stomp & ends Xbox while they on both knees. Instead of making all of PS studio multi team like insomniac & licensing there ip to partners to crank more games out Sony is busy porting there games to PC & maybe even Switch 2 in the future.

Notice this gen PS studios output has remain the same if not worse then PS4. In the PS5 gen your lucky to receive 1 AAA singleplayer game 2 at most but in 2023 & 2024 we got 1 singleplayer game & 1 of those being Astro bot is AA while Nintendo is releasing 5+ Nintendo games. I fully expect Nintendo to release a minimum of 5+ Nintendo games when the Switch 2 release & 5+ Nintendo games every other year till the last years of the lifecycle for the Switch 2. One thing is clear Nintendo is doubling down on the Nintendo platform from partnering w Bandai to make studios solely focusing on making Nintendo games & buying a port studio not to port Nintendo games to PC or other competitors platform but a port studio to port games into the Nintendo platform. Wouldn’t be surprising if Nintendo got lethal company on Switch 2 before PS just because Nintendo is focusing on making the Nintendo platform the best place to play all games including 1st party Nintendo exclusive that can only be played on Nintendo consoles.

Reactions: J_Paganel

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Yes, it's a great game with real next-gen elements that faced technical problems, as well as management and marketing problems. And it was made by a small studio outside the Big Three.

But Sony is more interested in burning a bunch of money on absolutely failed Concorde and PC ports.

Last edited:
  • sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Gives off the same vibe as when the Church of Scientology had that reporter followed, and he confronted them about it, and they said, verbatim: "Do you know how crazy you sound?"
dang i forgot about that lol, i remember when the scientology thing blew up a bit and people were protesting them.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yes, it's a great game with real next-gen elements that faced technical problems, as well as management and marketing problems. And it was made by a small studio outside the Big Three.

But Sony is more interested in burning a bunch of money on absolutely failed Concorde and PC ports.

Days Gone was the biggest failure out of all Sonys AAA single player games.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Microsoft is definitely full on astroturfing, here's a video explaining astroturfing, they even send people to lie to Congress.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Heisenberg has sources at MS. He's an Xbox fan so most of his stuff paints Xbox in a positive light and to create hype.

If he's comfortable sharing this stuff it's because things are very bad at Xbox 😬

Because he's a close friend with Mike Ybarra who's defending PS5 Pro as well and angry at xbox because of Xbox Series S.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters