PS5 Pro selling out everywhere, even in Australia at a price of 1,650 Australian dollars.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I just don't understand making 12,300 30th edition pros... simply didn't make sense. They could have sold 10x the amount if not 100x.
Collectors item. If I got an anniversary Pro I would leave it in the box and get a regular Pro to actually play games on. That anniversary Pro is going to worth some major coins in the coming years and is actually a pretty good investment.

Reactions: Bryank75

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Collectors item. If I got an anniversary Pro I would leave it in the box and get a regular Pro to actually play games on. That anniversary Pro is going to worth some major coins in the coming years and is actually a pretty good investment.

Hard to gauge the value on these things long term, but also don't see how Sony gets any value out of that.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Hard to gauge the value on these things long term, but also don't see how Sony gets any value out of that.
Sony made its profit at the point of sale. I bought a pair of PlayStation Nike Airforce Ones for $60 back in the day, just a few years later that pair of shoes was selling for 4k on Ebay and those were just shoes and not a special edition console. Trust me, this thing will be worth big bucks. I still have my PlayStation Airforce ones but they are worn, had I known better I would've gotten 2 pair. 1 to actually wear and and left the other pair in the shoe box to sell later. Kicking myself for missing out lol.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Sony made its profit at the point of sale. I bought a pair of PlayStation Nike Airforce Ones for $60 back in the day, just a few years later that pair of shoes was selling for 4k on Ebay and those were just shoes and not a special edition console. Trust me, this thing will be worth big bucks. I still have my PlayStation Airforce ones but they are worn, had I known better I would've gotten 2 pair. 1 to actually wear and and left the other pair in the shoe box to sell later. Kicking myself for missing out lol.

and they could have made more... not sure where the disconnect is in the discussion.

• they're_right_you_know

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For these that doesn't know...

Sony official Shopee store posted it at R$6999,00 in Brazil... removed after.
But that is already a hint to how it will be priced here :D

Sony Brazil just confirmed the prices...

PS5 Pro - R$ 6509.07 or R$ 6999.90 in 10x.
PS5 Slim 30th - R$ 4299.90 (same in 10x)
Portal 30th -R$ 1599.90 (same in 10x)
Dual Sense 30th - R$ 549.90 (same in 10x)
Dual Sense Edge 30th - R$ 1599.90 (same in 10x)

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
For these that doesn't know...

Sony official Shopee store posted it at R$6999,00 in Brazil... removed after.
But that is already a hint to how it will be priced here :D

Sony Brazil just confirmed the prices...

PS5 Pro - R$ 6509.07 or R$ 6999.90 at 10x.
PS5 Slim 30th - R$ 4299.90 (same in 10x)
Portal 30th -R$ 1599.90 (same in 10x)
Dual Sense 30th - R$ 549.90 (same in 10x)
Dual Sense Edge 30th - R$ 1599.90 (same in 10x)
What's 10x?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What's 10x?
Here in Brazil you can pay almost everything in installments without interest fee with credit card (or other less used options).
In this case it means 10 installments without interest fee.

R$ 6999.90 at 10x = 10 installments of R$699.99 per month.
BTW Brazil doesn't have tax added after you buy things like others places... all ridiculous and exorbitant taxes are already added to the final price you pay.

Not sure if that is how it works in US :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Here in Brazil you can pay almost everything in installments without interest fee with with credit card (or other less used options).
In this case it means 10 installments without interest fee.

Not sure if that is how it works in US :unsure:
Ah, ok. Payment plan, some retailers have what's called layaway. On us PS direct they have a 4x payment plan

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ah, ok. Payment plan, some retailers have what's called layaway. On us PS direct they have a 4x payment plan
Yeap... exactly that.
The difference is probably that almost everything is sold here at 10x or 12x payment plans without interest fee.

The exception are food and drinks in physical restaurants/pubs... but even food and drink you can buy with payments plans in others places (for example digital stores)... everything else since services, medicines, cars, electronics, home appliances, cellphones, etc etc etc.... in payments plans from 2x to 12x (depend of the total price)... sometimes even 18x.

As everything here is very expensive and most people receives very little in salaries... so that is how people buy things.
Without that probably a lot of families could not even have TVs, Refrigerators, etc at home.

A R$3000 refrigerator takes months to a big part of Brazlian's families to save up and buy one... while paying 10x R300 makes things affordable.
But that has it own series of issues... most families here have already all the monthly salary already set to pay these installments... so you are constant paying installments bills without anything left to save for future troubles.

I think the parcel of population that really understand the issues of the system that save money or invest to have some financials security in Brasil is probably lower than 10% of the population lol

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
1*UmPJIQsaxanaft3CuxTiXw@2x.jpeg

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I don’t think the high demand today was for the Pro. It was for the anniversary editions. The Pro is still available on PS Direct.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I don’t think the high demand today was for the Pro. It was for the anniversary editions. The Pro is still available on PS Direct.

People were saying the same thing in the early hours for the UK... still sold out...

The anniversary editions are supply limited, the Pro is less supply limited. It's still going to sell out today.

Reactions: Entropi

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

And this is why all those “dislikes” on the PS5 Pro reveal video on the PlayStation YouTube channel don’t mean Jack shit. People want this thing.

of course.
I was saying this since the announcements.
All the hypocrites youtubers will be there unboxing the damn thing DAY 1

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
of course.
I was saying this since the announcements.
All the hypocrites youtubers will be there unboxing the damn thing DAY 1
yeah, i said it too.
they were butthurt, because they have to buy it themselves.
you know, it hurts, when you are getting potatoes for free, and now, you ask to pay, even slightly higher than usual.

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
yeah, i said it too.
they were butthurt, because they have to buy it themselves.
you know, it hurts, when you are getting potatoes for free, and now, you ask to pay, even slightly higher than usual.
nah. they got the cash probably.
It's just that they put on a fake face to bandwagon with the public.