PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
War Fx GIF by BasketsFX
Hey, telling it like it is with some sarcastic imagery sprinkled on top is right up my alley.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. You guys are trailing off into a land of fantasy and it's going to bite you in the rear.

As mentioned before how did AMD RPM pan out for games? Oh yeah, that was in the PS4 Pro marketing buzz and would you look at that...

Nothing.

You're getting a $500-$600 box, understand where that resides and stop trying to rationalize your way to it being a 4090 competitor, it's ridiculous.
My dear fellow, it seems you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water. With total certainty the dual issue will be used with many common functions. Devs need not reinvent anything, certain api calls to Sony provided libraries will do this under the bonnet. Or is the suggestion Sony will provide no optimised SDK for their own hardware? Devs can further optimise their own code if so inclined - certainly 1st party at the very least.

Will everything be running at 33 tflop? No, but parts will where it is practical. Do not misconstrue theoretical with the actual.

Last edited:
Reactions: panda-zebra

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Or.... Hear me out... They are not bumping the CPU for cost reasons, and because a massive bump would also compromise development on the base console. Just a thought.
That is a much more reasonable and obvious explanation than making stuff up.

Assuming Cerny is the guy behind the PS5 Pro I'll put my money on him making the right decisions since this isn't his first time doing a pro console.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My dear fellow, it seems you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water. With total certainty the dual issue will be used with many common functions. Devs need not reinvent anything, certain api calls to Sony provided libraries will do this under the bonnet. Or is the suggestion Sony will provide no optimised SDK for their own hardware? Devs can further optimise their own code if so inclined - certainly 1st party at the very least.

Will everything be running at 33 tflop? No, but parts will where it is practical. Do not misconstrue theoretical with the actual.
I doubt it. The presentation slide said 45% better rasterization performance so it wouldn't really make sense that the dual issue is being leveraged there. Maybe there's something else that it can be used for but I wouldn't hold my breath. If the dual issue is standard in ps6 and the instruction set expanded i could see it being used though.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I doubt it. The presentation slide said 45% better rasterization performance so it wouldn't really make sense that the dual issue is being leveraged there. Maybe there's something else that it can be used for but I wouldn't hold my breath. If the dual issue is standard in ps6 and the instruction set expanded i could see it being used though.
Rasterization is only one of the many utilities of a modern GPU

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
You've posted a chart for native 4k. The console will be a reconstructed 4k.
So then not 4K

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

That reconstructed crap gets thrown around too commonly with the terminology of 4K without a heap of asterisks attached to it.

Straight out of the Phil Spencer playback of "True 4K" lmao.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
So then not 4K

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

That reconstructed crap gets thrown around too commonly with the terminology of 4K without a heap of asterisks attached to it.

Straight out of the Phil Spencer playback of "True 4K" lmao.
Games are all smoke and mirrors. Realtime rendering pulls all manner of tricks. And in this year of our lord - that also applies to native pixel counts. They lack relevance apart from benchmarking, the visual end result is what matters in the real world.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Games are all smoke and mirrors. Realtime rendering pulls all manner of tricks. And in this year of our lord - that also applies to native pixel counts. They lack relevance apart from benchmarking, the visual end result is what matters in the real world.
Well where I reside (the real world) truthful information matters.

Reconstructed 4K =/= 4K and too many people are recklessly trying to blur the lines as if they don't require delineation.

Hardware rendering a scene at 4K 120 FPS is impressive, hardware rendering 1080p with 4x reconstruction at 120 FPS is not.