PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
That's not quite true. For example, the 7800xt has 18.5 "rdna2" tflops and yet performs almost the same as the 6800xt which has over 20. There were architectural improvements so I expect performance on the level of an 18-19tf rdna2 card in raw performance.
While it's not an exact 2:1 science it very closely aligns with what can be expected.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
We all know this, but we also know it will perform to the sum of the rough equivalent of a 16.7 teraflop RDNA 2 GPU.

Not really. We know a X TFLOP RDNA3 GPU used to perform similar to X/2 RDNA2 GPU on the PC, but even that is changing. RDNA3 cards have been slowly but steadily increasing performance with new driver releases.

For example, when the 7900 XT released in late 2022 it was ~22% on average faster than the 6900XT at 1440p:

Relative Performance 2560x1440

But in last month's batches of reviews, the 7900XT now appears as 26% faster than the same 6900XT:

relative-performance-2560-1440.png

On top of that, developers on the consoles can make much better use of AMD-specific features. Not only because they're certain that a larger share of their users will be making use of those, but also because Sony can automate many of these optimizations in their compiler. Such as making sure those dual-FP32 operations are used as much as possible.

You can't deduce the projected use and gain of vendor-specific optimizations between a console solution and the PC market (much less from a competitor that only has like 12% of marketshare).

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For these interested in the RDNA3 vs RDNA2 at same computer power… that means same numbers of CUs at 2Ghz with the same memory bandwidth.

Rasterization: ~4% better
RT balanced: ~7% better
RT maximum: ~12% better

• brain
Reactions: rinzler

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Except for the Navi 32, which has 3 shader engines. If you consider 8WGP to be the standard, then it would have 48CU, or would require a completely new shader engine to reach the fabled 64. The 7800xts was to be a cutdown Navi 31, not a souped up Navi 32.

You have the 7700xt which is a cut down Navi 32, and the 7800xt which is the full chipset.

Are you sure Navi 32 has 3 shader engines? Like I said, I've yet to see an official block diagram for the chip.

Regardless, Kepler_l2 is very rarely wrong about GPU configurations. Number of CUs tend to appear in the linux patches he datamines to get this information.

did you just tell me that PS5 PRO is more powerful than it shown?
I think the PS5 Pro will very often be able to run the same final output as the PS5 at twice the framerate (mix of faster GPU and lower base resolution thanks to PSSR). At times they'll get a tradeoff between higher framerate and more advanced raytracing effects.

Unlike some experts, I don't think the CPU is a problem for this at all. The games where the CPU is responsible for not reaching or going above 30FPS (e.g. Baldur's Gate 3 and Gotham Knights) probably have terrible optimization problems that would prevent reaching 60FPS even if the CPU changed to a 7800X3D. Those games need work from the developer and Sony wouldn't nor shouldn't change their hardware targets because of them.
Unlike Richard Leadbetter, I don't think GTA6 will be such a game either.

Also, by the time they implement frame generation the CPU bottleneck becomes even less of a problem.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Are you sure Navi 32 has 3 shader engines? Like I said, I've yet to see an official block diagram for the chip.

Regardless, Kepler_l2 is very rarely wrong about GPU configurations. Number of CUs tend to appear in the linux patches he datamines to get this information
Navi 32s chiplet is 60CU maxed out, and all reviews so far say 3 shader engines

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bro ign and digital foundry already launch smear campaign against ps5pro for gta6

Lets see how gta6 perform on ps5pro next year

If theyre wrong it will prove theyre official fanbot shill

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Bro ign and digital foundry already launch smear campaign against ps5pro for gta6

Lets see how gta6 perform on ps5pro next year

If theyre wrong it will prove theyre official fanbot shill
If it does end up delivering 60fps, they will get torn apart.

They better start praying gta6 is really only 30fps on consoles.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If it does end up delivering 60fps, they will get torn apart.

They better start praying gta6 is really only 30fps on consoles.
it will be 60fps 100%.
they already torn apart by these idiotic statements.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I doubt GTA6 will be 60fps on console.
They are probably aiming to 30fps.
i would of thought Cerny would of visited Rockstar and seen what it would take to get 60 fps on the console.

I mean it feels kinda silly to me that arguably the most important game of generation will not hit 60 on the new refresh.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
That depends on what resolution u aiming at

60 fps on 4K or 30 fps on 8K

Last edited:

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
The frame rate will probably be limited to whatever the base console is capable of handling. This will undoubtedly translate over to GTA online where I'm assuming for netcode reasons they will want consistency across the board.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
i would of thought Cerny would of visited Rockstar and seen what it would take to get 60 fps on the console.

I mean it feels kinda silly to me that arguably the most important game of generation will not hit 60 on the new refresh.
Framerate has nothing to do with how the game is important or not.
It was never a issue for GTA games being 30fps.

GTA is GTA.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It'll have a 60fps option for sure.
Maybe... depends of how much they drop the quality and resolution.
But I never saw Rockstar doing that.

Their last game run at 30fps on consoles.
They needed a new gen to launch a patch (late 2023) to make it runs in 60fps.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Framerate has nothing to do with how the game is important or not.
It was never a issue for GTA games being 30fps.

GTA is GTA.
Although GTA5 was a last gen game on PS5 it had a 60fps option. This GTA has to run on Series S which compared to PS5pro or what we know will be like a last gen version. I'm betting it'll have a 60fps option for Pro.
Maybe... depends of how much they drop the quality and resolution.
But I never saw Rockstar doing that.

Their last game run at 30fps on consoles.
They needed a new gen to launch a patch (late 2023) to make it runs in 60fps.
Yes I am aware of the fps on last gen and the 60fps on PS5.