PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
That mattered a lot more last gen when the PS4 Jaguar CPU was really bad in comparison to what was already out there on PC.

The PS5 has so far punched above it's weight when it comes to CPU bound scenarios and for 60fps gaming it won't batter at all just like it doesn't on PC.

Once again it seems like Sony will be focused on results instead of spec trying to impress people with spec sheets. If Cerny is behind the PS5 Pro I have no doubt it will be great. The table is set for the PS5 Pro to be easily the best place to play GTA6.

My hope is that this time they'll do a better job ensuring that already released games get patches to take advantage of the improved hardware.
Oh yes it's indeed different this time as PS5's CPU is better this time around... I did wish the PS5 Pro got the Zen 3 CPU from AMD though but if they can still find a way to overclock the current PS5 CPU (Zen 2) and somehow make it even better so is that more than enough for me until the PS6 is out.

I think it's Mark Cerny once again since they started working on the PS5 Pro at least 3 years ago... Maybe even as soon as the PS5 launched back in November 12th 2020. And I do expect Mark Cerny to also work on the PS6 as the latest interview with him indicates that he's still interested in doing that... But if it's not him around the time the PS7 or PS8 is out so do I hope that it's someone that knows what he's doing hopefully!

Well unless Microsoft/Xbox fooled everybody so won't there be a mid-generation upgrade for the Xbox Series X... Which yes that means the PS5 Pro will be the best place to play it on consoles for at least 1-2 years and until it gets the eventual remaster of it on the next-generation PlayStation/Xbox console in like 2026-2028... Or let's say 2029 if they need more time to develop it for the PS6 as they don't tend to release it the same year as a new console launches so I don't expect to see that happen.

Yes I hope so... Especially older titles or even games that came out this year for example. Also I hope that all of the 2025 etc. games will come with a PS5 Pro patch day 1 besides the 1st/2nd party PlayStation games.

I hope Sony makes the "Pro" versions of the upcoming PlayStation consoles better in the future though especially if what's been said about the PS6 been the most powerful console of the next-generation consoles so do I expect the PS6 Pro to be even better and worth its price! (y)

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Oh yes it's indeed different this time as PS5's CPU is better this time around... I did wish the PS5 Pro got the Zen 3 CPU from AMD though but if they can still find a way to overclock the current PS5 CPU (Zen 2) and somehow make it even better so is that more than enough for me until the PS6 is out.

I think it's Mark Cerny once again since they started working on the PS5 Pro at least 3 years ago... Maybe even as soon as the PS5 launched back in November 12th 2020. And I do expect Mark Cerny to also work on the PS6 as the latest interview with him indicates that he's still interested in doing that... But if it's not him around the time the PS7 or PS8 is out so do I hope that it's someone that knows what he's doing hopefully!

Well unless Microsoft/Xbox fooled everybody so won't there be a mid-generation upgrade for the Xbox Series X... Which yes that means the PS5 Pro will be the best place to play it on consoles for at least 1-2 years and until it gets the eventual remaster of it on the next-generation PlayStation/Xbox console in like 2026-2028... Or let's say 2029 if they need more time to develop it for the PS6 as they don't tend to release it the same year as a new console launches so I don't expect to see that happen.

Yes I hope so... Especially older titles or even games that came out this year for example. Also I hope that all of the 2025 etc. games will come with a PS5 Pro patch day 1 besides the 1st/2nd party PlayStation games.

I hope Sony makes the "Pro" versions of the upcoming PlayStation consoles better in the future though especially if what's been said about the PS6 been the most powerful console of the next-generation consoles so do I expect the PS6 Pro to be even better and worth its price! (y)
The cpu can’t be vastly different as it would be wasted with games still targeting ps5 amateur. Only a modest update is needed to drive the new GPU capabilities and clean up framerates.

Anything more will idle.

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
The cpu can’t be vastly different as it would be wasted with games still targeting ps5 amateur. Only a modest update is needed to drive the new GPU capabilities and clean up framerates.

Anything more will idle.
Yeah it would make the development time of games take more time and will delay the PS5 Pro because Sony would have to make it work with the other PS4/PS5 games and would make the whole R&D cost and other stuff more for Sony and the developers... So I guess as long as the PS5 Pro is worth the money and wait so is it better for Sony to soon focus on the PS6 and make sure everything works as intended and it has the features and performance that many people want from it since it'll be a bigger leap than going from the PS4 to PS5.

Reactions: Shmunter

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Any concrete news on announcement date and release? I grow impatient.
Don't hold your breadth yet. Sony doesn't want an Osborn effect.
In 2016 the PS4 Pro was announced in September for a release in November.

Besides, save for the actual thing coming out there's not much more yet to know. We have pretty much all the specs and most features so far. Maybe there's slightly higher clocks in the production models, but that's pretty much it.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Don't hold your breadth yet. Sony doesn't want an Osborn effect.
In 2016 the PS4 Pro was announced in September for a release in November.

Besides, save for the actual thing coming out there's not much more yet to know. We have pretty much all the specs and most features so far. Maybe there's slightly higher clocks in the production models, but that's pretty much it.
Agreed... I am sure it'll be worth the way! (y)

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
My friend just asked me for advice on which console to buy and I told him to get a PS5, but also said he might want to wait for the Pro, I told him I expected it in October... I guess it could be November tho?