PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Can Sony a stop sending free stuff to DigitalFoundry that don't give a fuck about PlayStation? These assholes constantly shilling for Xbox and undermines PlayStation. Now they are starting a smear campaign against the PS5pro
JvOv5js.jpg

JvOkLv9.jpg

JvOjIYg.jpg

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Can Sony a stop sending free stuff to DigitalFoundry that don't give a fuck about PlayStation? These assholes constantly shilling for Xbox and undermines PlayStation. Now they are starting a smear campaign against the PS5pro
JvOv5js.jpg

JvOkLv9.jpg

JvOjIYg.jpg

It was really obvious since their first video.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

I think here Kepler's got it all wrong.

It's one thing for consoles to be getting closer and closer to the PC and no longer have the exotic architectures of the past (N64, PS2, PS3 for example), but telling us that current consoles are already fully exploited isn't true.

Look at the difference on PS4 between games from the beginning of the gen like KillZone ShadowFall, Infamous Second Son and games from the end of the gen like SM, GOW, RDR2, TLOU2, GOWR, HFW ... the progress is spectacular on the same hardware.

And it's logical that any new technology takes time to master and get the most out of, whether it was the NES, Master System or now, nothing has changed, it's the optimisation that makes the difference.

Apart from Ratchet Rift Apart and Spider-Man 2, where are the real next-gen games fully exploited the hardware to say there is no hidden untapped potential on the actual PS5 ?

You'd have to be pretty naive to think that the PS5 is fully exploited and that it can't offer more than what we've seen so far.

On a game like GTA 6, yes, we can say that the console will be fully exploited, but the other games I've seen so far, I'm sorry to say, we can't say the same.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

It's one thing for consoles to be getting closer and closer to the PC and no longer have the exotic architectures of the past (N64, PS2, PS3 for example), but telling us that current consoles are already fully exploited isn't true.

Look at the difference on PS4 between games from the beginning of the gen like KillZone ShadowFall, Infamous Second Son and games from the end of the gen like SM, GOW, RDR2, TLOU2, GOWR, HFW ... the progress is spectacular on the same hardware.

And it's logical that any new technology takes time to master and get the most out of, whether it was the NES, Master System or now, nothing has changed, it's the optimisation that makes the difference.

Apart from Ratchet Rift Apart and Spider-Man 2, where are the real next-gen games fully exploited the hardware to say there is no hidden untapped potential on the actual PS5 ?

You'd have to be pretty naive to think that the PS5 is fully exploited and that it can't offer more than what we've seen so far.

On a game like GTA 6, yes, we can say that the console will be fully exploited, but the other games I've seen so far, I'm sorry to say, we can't say the same.

I disagree in parts, KZ Shadowfall and Infamous are some of the best gfx showcases on ps4

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
I disagree in parts, KZ Shadowfall and Infamous are some of the best gfx showcases on ps4
I never said otherwise. KZSF and Infamous are some of the best looking games on the PS4.

I'm just saying that if you compare them with TLOU2, RDR2 and GOWR, which were released towards the end of gen, the difference is quite noticeable, and it is logical that the developers arrived at this result when they had more time on these games. Optimisation over time has always worked wonders on consoles, to suggest that this is no longer the case on today's consoles (PS5, Series X ...) is just not true.
We'll have more visually impressive next-gen games at the end of the gen, as is always the case since the begining.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Yes, Kepler is totally wrong.

While it's true that current consoles are mostly PCs (and in case of portables, mostly tablets/phones with an attached gamepad) so the differences are way small than before, the game engines, libs, tools, APIs, certain algorythms, etc. get improved and optimized over time, plus devs get more experienced on how to take advantage or solve certain specific challenges.

Over time make a better usage of the resources. In the particular case of this generation, with the jump to SDD in consoles there will be even a longer jump, maybe in the long term also adding new potential game design related possibilities.

But games take way longer to be made now, so we may not see such results until the very end or the generation.

Reactions: Evilms

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I think people are misunderstanding Kepler. What he's essentially saying is pro consoles are needed for games to look better graphically late gen. Consoles are x86 now, their potential can be tapped at launch like PS4 was with Killzone Shadowfall. No games looked better until PS4 Pro came out. Same thing will happen next gen, PS6 Pro will be needed to show an improvement over PS6 launch games in the 2nd half of the gen.

Reactions: Shmunter

Sunrise Ninja

5 Feb 2024
What's the likelihood of 1080p upscale to whatever but the framerates are 120? Because once you experience 120fps 60fps feels juddery.

Last edited: