PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Do you know the final specs and how it performs? Damn, share them!
We are discussing the leaks. You guys are just weird sometimes, why don't you want the specs to be better? I would be willing to pay more for better specs. The piece of product is after all an optional update, more catering for enthusiasts.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
We are discussing the leaks. You guys are just weird sometimes, why don't you want the specs to be better? I would be willing to pay more for better specs. The piece of product is after all an optional update, more catering for enthusiasts.
let's rephrase this. What kind of specs would you find "not tiring"?

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
let's rephrase this. What kind of specs would you find "not tiring"?
I would find the kind of specs that are well-balanced and impressive not tiring. So a better CPU and a much stronger GPU (by the time PS5 Pro releases, its GPU would be worse than what AMD and Nvidia have to offer at mid-range). I guess you can say I expected too much, but then that is just my preference for what the optional Pro version should be like. I also learned from the last few days that the PS5 CPU is worse than a fucking r5 3600, which is an entry-level CPU that I built for my first PC and it was a budget build lmao.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
I would find the kind of specs that are well-balanced and impressive not tiring. So a better CPU and a much stronger GPU (by the time PS5 Pro releases, its GPU would be worse than what AMD and Nvidia have to offer at mid-range). I guess you can say I expected too much, but then that is just my preference for what the optional Pro version should be like. I also learned from the last few days that the PS5 CPU is worse than a fucking r5 3600, which is an entry-level CPU that I built for my first PC and it was a budget build lmao.
By the time this console releases the GPU housed in that system would be considered low end, it's mid-range currently and the CPU as you noted was low end even in 2020 when new.

I get why you're not sharing in the excitement. It will help with more demanding rendering over the base for sure, but it's very much meh in general.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
By the time this console releases the GPU housed in that system would be considered low end, it's mid-range currently and the CPU as you noted was low end even in 2020 when new.

I get why you're not sharing in the excitement. It will help with more demanding rendering over the base for sure, but it's very much meh in general.
You guys want high end specs build a bloody pc there's a reason consoles are cheaper

Reactions: Sircaw

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023

Yeah, it's pretty fucking hilarious how they are already outdated by the time they release. It's no surprise that it only took 2 years in the gen before these machines are crippled by current-gen games. Nobody builds a PC with an un-balanced CPU and GPU except for idiots but damn these companies, they gotta cut costs, they gotta save money, they gotta fucking find gimmicks and marketing buzzwords to attract people.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yeah, it's pretty fucking hilarious how they are already outdated by the time they release. It's no surprise that it only took 2 years in the gen before these machines are crippled by current-gen games. Nobody builds a PC with an un-balanced CPU and GPU except for idiots but damn these companies, they gotta cut costs, they gotta save money, they gotta fucking find gimmicks and marketing buzzwords to attract people.
'they gotta cut costs' yeah no shit shirlock console gamers don't want to pay £1000 + on hardware

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You cannot compare PC specs with Console specs 1:1 and expect accuracy. For example, in your regular computer the CPU has to aid with decompression tasks, audio decoding, a myriad of OS operations not present on consoles, etc. On one of the current gen consoles a lot of these tasks are offloaded to bespoke chips, freeing up CPU cycles. So that's one.

As for the GPU, there's a few things to consider, at least on Playstation, from the SDK which allows for closer-to-hardware programming as the APIs are dedicated to a single piece of hardware (one of the many reasons to be against PC ports that compromise that kind of development), as well as additional customisations that allow for higher efficiency.

There's a reason why in certain games you see a PS5 battling with an RTX3060Ti and even surpassing them.

Yet they aren't crippled by current gen games, and plenty of people buy PCs with unbalanced CPUs and GPUs, for more reasons than one. Just look at HFW, one of the better looking games ever released, and see that the PC does not do much more than a PS5 despite allowing for "higher settings". Same can be said about R&C, and I won't even talk about SM2, a game that has probably the best implementation of Ray Tracing on consoles with fidelity not possible in comparable cards on PC (this will be fully exposed once the game unfortunately releases on the platform)

As for money saving, yes, they have to provide you with a box that costs 500 quid and includes a full APU capable of playing games at high quality.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I've posted that survey so many times lol PC gamers rarely even play with 4K. Don't bother we all know already most PC gamers play on rigs worse than PS5 😂😂
Like seriously, the rigs the most have might be as well be toasters as a side job in the winter lol like you said PS5 is above the median even today, and high end especially in terms of I/O solution. PS5 Pro once released will be high end and enthusiast class mixture.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Low end? I will never tire from pointing you pcmasterrace guys to steam PC survey!
Low end relative to modern GPU's? Yes. A 7700 XT is middle of the road right now in its respective generation of hardware. When a new generation of GPU's launch (not far off) that will fall to the back end of the scale.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Low end relative to modern GPU's? Yes. A 7700 XT is middle of the road right now in its respective generation of hardware. When a new generation of GPU's launch (not far off) that will fall to the back end of the scale.
Ignored

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
Low end? I will never tire from pointing you pcmasterrace guys to steam PC survey!
It actually is higher now, at least on the GPU side.
I can confirm this by entering my hotrod and laptop into the survey.
RTX 3060 is the most used.
FINALLY moving past the 1070.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Low end relative to modern GPU's? Yes. A 7700 XT is middle of the road right now in its respective generation of hardware.

All things point to the GPU being between a 7700XT and 7800XT in rasterization, but with 2x higher performance in raytracing from RDNA4 optimizations, and an upscaling tech that is close to DLSS.

Sum all of these and the result is a GPU that performs like a RTX4070 in rasterization, raytracing and upscaling. And has more memory available.

The RTX4070 costs at least $525 in the USA, and 540€ in Europe. This is not low end by any stretch of the imagination.
Nvidia would very much like for >$500 to be low-end, but it's not.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@ToTTenTranz going back to our conversation the other day, leaks also did suggest that Navi 32 has 3 Shader Engines and a maximum CU count of 60:

And more information here.

Assuming the PS5 uses this GCD, do you think they will disable 1, 2, or 3WGP? My bet is at 3, 1 per SE.