PS5 shipments top 54.8 million as of December 2023. Has outsold Xbox Series X/S 2-1, data suggests

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Holy fuck why don't you trying to point out where I'm wrong in that post.

You can't claim I'm delusional when you refuse to tackle hard numbers. and you were right about what?
When you used the same logic that Xbox was stronger in RotW than US to claim a 22 million at end of 2022.

And I told you it was around 18m using typical US ratio.

Several sources late and even MS at leaked acquisition docs showed your logic being incorrect.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
When you used the same logic that Xbox was stronger in RotW than US to claim a 22 million at end of 2022.

And I told you it was around 18m using typical US ratio.

Several sources late and even MS at leaked acquisition docs showed your logic being incorrect.
You just lied lmao. You were already shown that Ampere raised their XBS sell through to 19.5M at the end of 2022.

I just showed you the confirmed shipments from Microsoft's leaked documents that show the US ratio well below 50% for the first 6 quarters.

Point to me every incorrect number in my post and how the US share gets to 55% by 2023. You need numbers that don't contradict anything I provided, otherwise you need to prove why my numbers are incorrect. Hiding from them doesn't make you right.

• haha
Reactions: kuzon and ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You just lied lmao. You were already shown that Ampere raised their XBS sell through to 19.5M at the end of 2022.

I just showed you the confirmed shipments from Microsoft's leaked documents that show the US ratio well below 50% for the first 6 quarters.

Point to me every incorrect number in my post and how the US share gets to 55% by 2023. You need numbers that don't contradict anything I provided, otherwise you need to prove why my numbers are incorrect. Hiding from them doesn't make you right.
Actually Amoere revised that Series estimate down… the info come from your own IB.

Another point I told you and you didn’t believe… that Ampere were not accurate a lot of time and so revise numbers to correct them after some years.

Your numbers are proved incorrect already… I don’t know why you continue suffering with them 🤷‍♂️

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Actually Amoere revised that Series estimate down… the info come from your own IB.

Another point I told you and you didn’t believe… that Ampere were not accurate a lot of time and so revise numbers to correct them after some years.

Your numbers are proved incorrect already… I don’t know why you continue suffering with them 🤷‍♂️
Ampere saying XBS was upgraded to 19.5M end of 2022, and then having it at 21.1M in March 2023. https://www.installbaseforum.com/fo...-x-s-is-at-21m-xbox-one-58m.1764/#post-173895

Ampere "not being accurate because they revise to correct" isn't helping your argument at all. First they said 18.5M, saw it was wrong, and then corrected to 19.5M is what you're saying? Thanks?

My numbers come from Microsoft leaked documents, NPD, and CESA. All 3 are reliable sources for numbers, how can they be incorrect.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Marvel's Spider Man series more than 50 million sold through as of 31th Dec 2023, so maybe splited like this :

Marvel's Spider-Man : 25~26M ?
  • PS4 : 22,12M as of February 27, 2022
  • PC (Remastered) : 1,5M as of March 31, 2023
  • PS5 (Remastered) : ?

Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales : 15~15,5M ?
  • PS4/PS5/PC : 14,4M as of June 30, 2023

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 : ~9,5M ?
  • PS5 : 10M as of february 4, 2024

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

24 Jun 2022
Yeah Xbox Series is nowhere near 30 million. We know PS5 was at 30 million at the start of 2023, they hit 50 million by Dec. 9 2023, and probably sold another 2 million WW between then and EOY.

That means at best Xbox Series was around 25 million by EOY 2023. And I wouldn't put T2 as ones to lie about the hardware numbers, considering people were running wild when the CEO (or is he President?) said the 30 million Game Pass number back a year or so ago before MS confirmed the numbers were still at 25 million (prior to merging XBL Gold into the service).

So going by that, if anything the actual Series sold-through numbers could be lower than 25 million (possibly by 1 million), for EOY 2023, if MS were to ever confirm them. Which, they likely won't.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah Xbox Series is nowhere near 30 million. We know PS5 was at 30 million at the start of 2023, they hit 50 million by Dec. 9 2023, and probably sold another 2 million WW between then and EOY.

That means at best Xbox Series was around 25 million by EOY 2023. And I wouldn't put T2 as ones to lie about the hardware numbers, considering people were running wild when the CEO (or is he President?) said the 30 million Game Pass number back a year or so ago before MS confirmed the numbers were still at 25 million (prior to merging XBL Gold into the service).

So going by that, if anything the actual Series sold-through numbers could be lower than 25 million (possibly by 1 million), for EOY 2023, if MS were to ever confirm them. Which, they likely won't.
These mofos be padding shit by 10 million, thts crazy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If they announce new consoles this early, yeah, sales of the current box will drop further off a cliff than it already has.
I don't think thy can really so anything to right this ship except the third party route and make a clear statement they are going to double down on their foundational ips like Gears and bring some really gd content to all in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
@Welfare Gamepass stagnated.
That is why they didn’t announce new milestones… Mat is saying that for months already in US.
And MS themselves (if you take the leaks) said to employees that it is not growing like they wanted.

Stagnation means they are still closer to 30m that 40m… let’s not talk about 50m.
You don’t have enough userbase for that… even if all Series owners (not possible) have Gamepass you will be below 25m plus some more millions from PC.
Told you @Welfare
34m is closer to 30m than 40m.
It is stagnant (the increase where due forced Gold conversion).