PSVR 2 PC adapter is a disaster apparently!

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
If they want it to sell more then it needs more Triple AAA games support. They had quite a good amount last year, Besides the new metro vr game I dont see any

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's my main issue.... All the effort and for what?

Couldn't they use all that staff power to do something else?
What do you mean with all the effort?

I don’t think Sony wasted anything releasing PSVR2 on PC… in fact whatever it sells will pay the time and cost to research the adapter needed to work on PC.

And making the device available to PC makes a lot of sense… these that play on PC and PS5 will end buying PSVR2 instead others PC only VR devices.

And that is even understanding your points against Sony releasing games on PC… I agree with most of them but these don’t apply to a hardware device.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
What do you mean with all the effort?

I don’t think Sony wasted anything releasing PSVR2 on PC…
It took almost a year to get PSVR2 to work on PC, that's definitely considerable effort...

And making the device available to PC makes a lot of sense… these that play on PC and PS5 will end buying PSVR2 instead others PC only VR devices.

And that is even understanding your points against Sony releasing games on PC… I agree with most of them but these don’t apply to a hardware device.
What sense does it make? 😂 The overlap of those with a good gaming PC and those with a PS5 is miniscule. I'd bet less than 10%, and maybe 1% of those will actually be interested in VR gaming. The vast majority of people buying the PSVR2 for PC will not be PS5 owners.

They don't make much money from PSVR2 sales. And when they sold it for $350, they were definitely taking a loss. So what sense does it make? The money is obviously in software. And they're not making any money from VR games sold on PC, only Valve does 😂 They're not making real money from the headset, and they're not gonna make money from any game sales....All this move does is grow Valve's VR market share.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It took almost a year to get PSVR2 to work on PC, that's definitely considerable effort...
As If Sony was working on PSVR2 on PC for a year lol

They didn’t changed anything in the device… the same you brought a year ago works on PC… they only worked in the adapter.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
As If Sony was working on PSVR2 on PC for a year lol

They didn’t changed anything in the device… the same you brought a year ago works on PC… they only worked in the adapter.
They first announced "testing" 6 months ago...if it were as simple as you claim, why would it take so many months of testing? And if they started testing 6 months ago, development definitely started long before it.

Even if it did only take 6 months, that's still 6 months down the toilet for no reason. Paying your employees 6 months of wages only to grow their competitors market share 😂😂 pure stupidity.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They need to discontinue this nuisance and move on, quickly. Dump PSVR2 and get rid of your never ending headache PlayStation.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They need to discontinue this nuisance and move on, quickly. Dump PSVR2 and get rid of your never ending headache PlayStation.
Why? The headset is already made...they literally don't need to do anything else. The hard part was RND and production, which they've done a good job with. It's not like Flopcord where they have to spend money to maintain it every month. And they don't even need their 1st party studios to make games for it. It's a harmless and awesome value add for PS5 owners. And unlike Flopcord, it will continue to generate revenue for them for the entire generation. Me and other VR owners will be purchasing games for it for years to come and Sony will get a cut from those sales.

So stop the corny hating and let the people that enjoy it have fun. Damn, I've never seen anyone cry this much about an optional peripheral that provides a great and very different experience. PSVR2 is one of the few good things Sony has done this gen. If you don't like cool gaming technology, go sell your ps5 and buy a Series X where you don't even get the option. A Series X will be extra perfect for you since you also like trash multiplayer games, Bleeding Edge will be right up your alley 😂😂😂

Reactions: Umar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They first announced "testing" 6 months ago...if it were as simple as you claim, why would it take so many months of testing? And if they started testing 6 months ago, development definitely started long before it.

Even if it did only take 6 months, that's still 6 months down the toilet for no reason. Paying your employees 6 months of wages only to grow their competitors market share 😂😂 pure stupidity.

Yeap let’s compare the work in a adapter with the work of a device lol

The adapter cost near nothing to Sony that is why I said anything it sell on PC will already cover that costs.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe numbers make you understand…

PSVR2 R&D costs = few $ billions
Adapter R&D costs = few $ millions

After spend $ billion in a device… making an adapter that will pay itself with few thousand units sold is a no brainer.

Like if it sells some k more PSVR2 it is already paying the cost of it development.

Plus think a bit about…. Why a gamers that has a PC and PS5 will buy for example the Meta Quest instead PSVR2 now? It works in both… in the past that same guy could ending choosing Meta Quest but now it way better deal to buy something that works across PC and PS5.

It is dumb discuss if it is worth to Sony to create that adapter because it is 100% is.

Your points only makes sense if Sony was developing a new PSVR2 device exclusive to PC but that is not the case the same PSVR2 device is the same one launched to PS5.
The product already exists… there is no change to it works on PC… you only needs a cheaper adapter.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Maybe numbers make you understand…

PSVR2 R&D costs = few $ billions
Adapter R&D costs = few $ millions

After spend $ billion in a device… making an adapter that will pay itself with few thousand units sold is a no brainer.

Like if it sells some k more PSVR2 it is already paying the cost of it development.

Plus think a bit about…. Why a gamers that has a PC and PS5 will buy for example the Meta Quest instead PSVR2 now? It works in both… in the past that same guy could ending choosing Meta Quest but now it way better deal to buy something that works across PC and PS5.

It is dumb discuss if it is worth to Sony to create that adapter because it is 100% is.

Your points only makes sense if Sony was developing a new PSVR2 device exclusive to PC but that is not the case the same PSVR2 device is the same one launched to PS5.
The product already exists… there is no change to it works on PC… you only needs a cheaper adapter.
You keep repeating the same baseless nonsense and ignored my previous message that explained why your thinking is completely wrong.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You keep repeating the same baseless nonsense and ignored my previous message that explained why your thinking is completely wrong.
Like usual lol

A cheaper adapter that only increases the chances of PSVR2 increase sales becomes a BAD decision that will KILL Sony 😂

Edit - I’m very happy that this adapter was launched… do you know why? Because I plan to buy a PSVR2 and as PS only gamer will get more games with it to play on my PS5… developers support will increase.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Like usual lol

A cheaper adapter that only increases the chances of PSVR2 increase sales becomes a BAD decision that will KILL Sony 😂

Edit - I’m very happy that this adapter was launched… do you know why? Because I plan to buy a PSVR2 and as PS only gamer will get more games with it to play on my PS5.
Like usual you type something very dumb and instead of admitting you’re wrong you just keep repeating the stupid comment until we move on and forget. Yeah you always do that.

I already told you, the overlap between gaming PC owners and PS5 owners is minuscule. And the small subset that are interested in VR gaming is even tinier. So Sony spent millions of dollars creating a product that has no viable market. This is a fact.

And you says bs like “someone who was going to buy a Quest 3 will now get a PSVR2 🤓”.

Who cares? Are you dumb? What does that do for Sony? They make $10 from the headset sale? 😂 They buy a PSVR2 and then buy all their VR games through Steam, Sony makes virtually nothing and just directly contributed to Valves growing market share. Instead of growing their own market share 🤡 Both you and Sony have no foresight

But again, you’ll ignore this and act like Sony making $10 on a headset sale while Valve makes millions from 3rd party royalties is an amazing move. Because Sony can never do anything wrong 🤡

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like usual you type something very dumb and instead of admitting you’re wrong you just keep repeating the stupid comment until we move on and forget. Yeah you always do that.

I already told you, the overlap between gaming PC owners and PS5 owners is minuscule. And the small subset that are interested in VR gaming is even tinier. So Sony spent millions of dollars creating a product that has no viable market. This is a fact.

And you says bs like “someone who was going to buy a Quest 3 will now get a PSVR2 🤓”.

Who cares? Are you dumb? What does that do for Sony? They make $10 from the headset sale? 😂 They buy a PSVR2 and then buy all their VR games through Steam, Sony makes virtually nothing and just directly contributed to Valves growing market share. Instead of growing their own market share 🤡 Both you and Sony have no foresight

But again, you’ll ignore this and act like Sony making $10 on a headset sale while Valve makes millions from 3rd party royalties is an amazing move. Because Sony can never do anything wrong 🤡
Dumb takes continue being dumb 🤷‍♂️

Imagine how dumb it needs to be to believe what I said is wrong lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Dumb takes continue being dumb 🤷‍♂️

Imagine how dumb it needs to be to believe what I said is wrong lol
What you said is objectively wrong, and you haven’t provided a single argument to anything I’ve said. Repeating the same wrong statement doesn’t magically make it right.

• haha

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The quality of posters on this site is quickly becoming a joke. All the best posters get banned and braindead corporate slaves like this, Yurinka, and Plextorage are still here 🤦‍♂️
You should read your own comments…

I’m not even sure why you are even here just posting nonsense like it is something believable to derail threads lol