PSVR 2 PC adapter is a disaster apparently!

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You should read your own comments…

I’m not even sure why you are even here just posting nonsense like it is something believable to derail threads lol
Everything I’ve said is facts. Until you can provide a proper counter argument, just keep your mouth shut. But of course you can’t, because you know I’m right but are too much of a corporate slave to admit it. So you just keep repeating your stupid comments over and over until we move on and forget it.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Everything I’ve said is facts. Until you can provide a proper counter argument, just keep your mouth shut. But of course you can’t, because you know I’m right but are too much of a corporate slave to admit it. So you just keep repeating your stupid comments over and over until we move on and forget it.
Sure 😂😂😂

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
No matter how you cook it, the adapter is underbaked. Imagine brining it home only to find out you need to buy a DP cable and Bluetooth adapter. Does Sony expect customers to have a spare cable lying around and already have BT on their desktops? 90% of cheap Bluetooth dongles out there have the range size of a Concord enthusiasts cock, leading to even more disappointment.

Bad experience for the customer. Such things should be avoided at all costs and the user needs to be delighted, not pissed off.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Meanwhile, modders got this thing to work without an adapter AND without issues like a year ago.

Good job Sony. Good job............

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
What did you expect from a quick exit scam to dump unsold headsets that should have never been made to begin with?

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
So you’re trolling?
PSVR2 flopped, Sony isn't making games for it anymore, they got rid of some unsold stock by selling it to PC gamers and that's it. Do you really think we're gonna have a third VR headset from Sony?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
PSVR2 flopped, Sony isn't making games for it anymore, they got rid of some unsold stock by selling it to PC gamers and that's it. Do you really think we're gonna have a third VR headset from Sony?
You mean the temporary sale? It’s back to its regular price now.

Yeah we’ll get another, Sony is a hardware manufacturer. And considering PSVR is an open piece of kit now, no reason why they won’t simply create more hardware in the future.

• they're_right_you_know

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
You mean the temporary sale? It’s back to its regular price now.

Yeah we’ll get another, Sony is a hardware manufacturer. And considering PSVR is an open piece of kit now, no reason why they won’t simply create more hardware in the future.
The price going back to normal doesn't mean much. With the price drop and PC compatibility sales increased massively and it was enough to get their unsold inventory under control. Now they just need to be more careful with manufacturing.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why? The headset is already made...they literally don't need to do anything else. The hard part was RND and production, which they've done a good job with. It's not like Flopcord where they have to spend money to maintain it every month. And they don't even need their 1st party studios to make games for it. It's a harmless and awesome value add for PS5 owners. And unlike Flopcord, it will continue to generate revenue for them for the entire generation. Me and other VR owners will be purchasing games for it for years to come and Sony will get a cut from those sales.

So stop the corny hating and let the people that enjoy it have fun. Damn, I've never seen anyone cry this much about an optional peripheral that provides a great and very different experience. PSVR2 is one of the few good things Sony has done this gen. If you don't like cool gaming technology, go sell your ps5 and buy a Series X where you don't even get the option. A Series X will be extra perfect for you since you also like trash multiplayer games, Bleeding Edge will be right up your alley 😂😂😂
LOL Since when I do only play Multiplayer games tho? 🤣

And Concord will surely give me way more playtime and enjoyment and the PSVR2 ever could.... Thankfully Sony is trying to wash it hands of this expensive R&D mistake and we will never see another VR product from them any time soon. All those billions of R&D could have given us more games instead 😛

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Well, you all know my position on it...so I'm happy enough.

Sometimes I feel like some of the PlayStation employees are not happy either with the PC push.
The PC push isn’t really a PC push it’s more like a Steam push since games aren’t even releasing on Epic. So if anything it’s just bolstering the Steam storefront & the Steamdeck Steam owns hardware which equates to diminishing the PS storefront & hardware platform.

If PS was doing a PC push it would create a PS PC launcher & make those games exclusive on to there. Riot does it, Steam does it hell even Ubisoft does it. PS a platform should only release some live service games onto PC & that has caveats like the game genre/type & exclusively on the PS PC launcher. GT7 should never go to PC, a PS allstars should never go to PC, a LBP live service should never go to PC if anything some of those games need to release across PS & mobile then PS & PC & in some cases just on PS.

If PS was gonna push the PS PC launcher Sony will experiment with the Horizon online game & make it exclusive to the PS PC launcher aswell as the Ghost of sushi multiplayer that’s speculated to be a PVE live service w maybe PVP elements which should also be exclusively on the PS PC launcher.

• they're_right_you_know

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They can’t be too happy.

PC ports mean more time and money for not that big of a return. All the porting and development cost could just be put into PS5. Like you know…….what they’ve been doing for the past 30 years up until a couple years ago.

When investors start asking questions about PC ports you know you something is up.
I would take a inFAMOUS 1&2 remake over GOWR, Spider-Man 2, Ratchet & Clank R ports to PC

If you really look at it these PC ports could be invested into remakes & remaster of more important titles that would not only bolster the PS console further bolstering the PS storefront but a inFAMOUS 1&2 remake would bring more profits then PC ports not to mention you can have true promotion + possible tie ins with tv show, movies & anime unlike these PC ports.

Imagine how it will look when TLOU show season 2 releases & PS finally releases the PC port & PS users don’t get nothing. There will be no tie in that bolsters the PS platform when the season 2 show releases but hey atleast PC players get to play the game no longer needing to get a PS5. If anything PS shouldn’t release a PC port so that 100% of possible new consumer goes into the PS platform & through the entire PS ecosystem including the PS storefront that will bring 100% of the profits where PC have to only get & share profits w Steam (70/30).

All while the TLOU multiplayer has been cancelled.

PS is so shortsighted they will diminish the PS hardware platform & PS storefront for 1-2 million sells on PC (steam) when the game sold 15+ million on PS. Now people who would buy SM2 on PS are now waiting for it on PC knowing they can get the definitive version at cheaper price on Steam a competing platform with its own hardware (Steamdeck).

Don’t even get me started with how bad the PS5 pro will look when they sell it for $600 just for the PC version to look better at similar value if not w cheaper hardware. It also makes doing future remakes & remaster that less meaningful when your games are on PC etc etc.

But yeah investors allready question PS diminishment due to PC ports & PS leadership essentially brushed it to the side.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
only Valve does 😂 They're not making real money from the headset, and they're not gonna make money from any game sales....All this move does is grow Valve's VR market share.
If PS wanted to grow in the VR market they should’ve acquired ndreams a great vr studio & either help port PSVR1 games to PSVR2 or develop PSVR2 modes for PS singleplayer games like RE4 & it’s RE4 VR mode. We should’ve gotten a PSVR2 mode for TLOU 1&2 remake & Death Stranding 2 which both on VR w a VR mode would’ve been amazing experience since there much slower games on par w RE if not slightly faster. Or license ip to 3rd party vr studios

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
That’s a fat lie, no such thing ever happened.
No its not. They got it working with sound, head tracking and everything with a home cooked driver.
Never said it was playable, but they had access to all features with no lag.

Google iVRy. They also got the old PSVR fully working in games. Point is this adapter is a useless moneygrab since a bunch of basment dwellers got it fully working. Only problem was that games wouldnt recognise the PSVR2 headset as as supported VR. But you don't need an adapter for that.

Unless its used to give it some extra juice for some strange reason.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No its not. They got it working with sound, head tracking and everything with a home cooked driver.
Never said it was playable, but they had access to all features with no lag.

Google iVRy. They also got the old PSVR fully working in games. Point is this adapter is a useless moneygrab since a bunch of basment dwellers got it fully working. Only problem was that games wouldnt recognise the PSVR2 headset as as supported VR. But you don't need an adapter for that.

Unless its used to give it some extra juice for some strange reason.
The adapter basically split the signal... it is not a big deal at all.
Recognise PSVR2 as VR headset has nothing to do with the adapter... it is about the OS drivers... if the driver see it as VR device on Windows it will be see by any game that have VR support.

Last edited: