PSVR 2 PC adapter is a disaster apparently!

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
The adapter basically split the signal... it is not a big deal at all.
Yeah I just looked it up. Its for older GPU's which dont support virtuallink. It converts the usb-c to displayport for older systems.

Even then, how can it cause issues as its a passive throughput? There is 0 rendering or heavy conversion involved.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah I just looked it up. Its for older GPU's which dont support virtuallink. It converts the usb-c to displayport for older systems.

Even then, how can it cause issues as its a passive throughput? There is 0 rendering or heavy conversion involved.
Exactly... any GPU with virutallink support could use PSVR2 already.
The issues are made up by Tom Warrior lol most people posting about PSVR2 on PC with the adapter are having no issue at all.

BTW iVRy driver like you said supports PSVR2 via VirtualLink for months already.

But hey that will kill the narrative that Sony took years and wasted tons of $ millions to developer the adapter :D

A split you can DIY with a bit of time.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No its not. They got it working with sound, head tracking and everything with a home cooked driver.
Never said it was playable, but they had access to all features with no lag.

Google iVRy. They also got the old PSVR fully working in games. Point is this adapter is a useless moneygrab since a bunch of basment dwellers got it fully working. Only problem was that games wouldnt recognise the PSVR2 headset as as supported VR. But you don't need an adapter for that.

Unless its used to give it some extra juice for some strange reason.
lmao wth...

You: "modders got this thing to work without an adapter AND without issues like a year ago"
Also you: "Never said it was playable, but they had access to all features with no lag."

I didn't know unplayable wasn't an issue? 🤣🤣🤣

Do you not see how dumb you sound?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
lmao wth...

You: "modders got this thing to work without an adapter AND without issues like a year ago"
Also you: "Never said it was playable, but they had access to all features with no lag."

Without adapter... you plug the USB-C cable directly on the GPU (of course the GPU needs to have a USB-C output port with VirtualLink support... the issue here is that VirtualLink USB-C port is optional in most GPUs... it was only mandatory in RTX 2080/TI/TITAN... in RX 6000 was optional too).

Last edited:

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
USB-C cable directly on the GPU (of course the GPU needs to have a USB-C output port with VirtualLink support... the issue here is that VirtualLink USB-C port is optional in most GPUs... it was only mandatory in RTX 2080/TI/TITAN... in RX 6000 was optional too).
Jim Carrey Idk GIF

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
lmao wth...

Go suck sony's cock you obvious spineless shill :D :D Read between the lines if you can and see what a total assbiscuit you are.

Sony's headset is obviously the holy grail of VR for you. Good for you! But not taking critique and failing to even do research on the homebrew developments just shows your confimation bias. Sad really... Stockholm Syndrome just got real.

Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Go suck sony's cock you obvious spineless shill :D :D Read between the lines if you can and see what a total assbiscuit you are.

Sony's headset is obviously the holy grail of VR for you. Good for you! But not taking critique and failing to even do research on the homebrew developments just shows your confimation bias. Sad really... Stockholm Syndrome just got real.
😂😂😂😂 I’m a Sony shill now, I thought I was a negative doomer. You are so mad because you were spreading blatant lies and I corrected you. What a fragile prick, and that loser @ethomaz liking your post calling me a shill while in another thread he’s calling me a Sony hater 🤣🤣🤣

@Monkeyclaw you had no clue what you were talking about and got exposed, instead of just apologizing and admitting you were wrong, you lash out and hurl insults 😂 The only thing sad is you’re the typical braindead PC elitist suffering from severe Dunning Kruger

Reactions: Umar

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Is the OP title going be fixed?

I mean outside Tom Warrior mind PSVR2 is working very well on PC using the adapter.
Has anyone here brought it and tried out Half Life Alyx? I am interested on how it is since I have a PSVR 2! Does anyone know if the RE2 and RE3 steam VR mods work with this?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly