PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
the guy on boat in Horizon had colored teeth when he was talking to me 🙃
Season 5 Smoke GIF by Friends

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Anyone else having issues with the controller tracking not working, or that it being less comfortable to wear for longer periods than the PSVR1?
The controller loses tracking for me if it goes too far outside the camera's field of view, usually if i'm sitting down it can't track me around my lap/at my side. Haven't played horizon yet but I've seen people lose tracking when the controller goes behind their head.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
The controller loses tracking for me if it goes too far outside the camera's field of view, usually if i'm sitting down it can't track me around my lap/at my side. Haven't played horizon yet but I've seen people lose tracking when the controller goes behind their head.
That's usual for inside-out tracking. In the cases where the cameras don't see the sensors, it uses a combination of the controllers gyroscopes and clever math to approximate. But what I'm talking about is during normal use cases where the controller should be tracked normally but doesn't.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's usual for inside-out tracking. In the cases where the cameras don't see the sensors, it uses a combination of the controllers gyroscopes and clever math to approximate. But what I'm talking about is during normal use cases where the controller should be tracked normally but doesn't.
other than the problems with not registering button presses i posted about earlier, haven't experienced anything like that

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I actually wish VFX wasn't banned because while he can be annoying, it's also pretty entertaining when he says some out of pocket things like how he was dogging on the fur in ratchet and clank.
Sometimes it was very clear that he knows absolutely fuck all about real-time rendering, even if he really is a VFX artist.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yea, and this is the one you come to to shit on Xbox with impunity.

And how cute of you to post a picture of yourself right now.

Anyway... whatever.. enjoy your echo chamber.
And you said not be a Xbox fan but act like exactly one like I said lol
You can’t blame people for take you as one.

BTW there is nothing wrong in being a Xbox fan.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Because this place clears out anyone who doesn't agree with their bullshit and who even slightly pushes back against Playstation...
Yeah, this isn't true. The only people that get actually banned generally just act like douche bags towards others. You can hate on Playstation all you want.

Also if you haven't noticed, some of the most hardcore Playstation fans on this forum have "pushed back" on Playstation a LOT. Even the one you might call the head honcho around here.

• sad
D

Deleted member 417

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
But I was told nobody wants this headset because it has a cable, is expensive and only has ports in it's line up.

Now people who sit in front of a desk and don't move all day, with expensive rigs want a headset ported to PC. You couldn't make it up!
That cable is dangerous the CNET guy got all tangled in it like a dog and the The Verge reviewer was unable to complete his review because he strangled himself with it by accident.

Cables are a serious threat to society, a lot of people used to die or get brain damage because they strangled themselves with their corded headphones, or get serious harm from tangling themselves with the USB wire of their mouse or keyboard. Even recently trying to reconfigure a living room home theater with all the cables for audio and HDMI caused my neighbor to got stuck behind the TV for a few days, it took the help of the citie's untangling unit to rescue him before he starved.

We tend to forget because everything is wireless these days.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Looks like the most exciting thing about this is people looking forward to getting it to work on PCs.

Makes sense.

That was obvious that PC will want to make it work on PC… they have to wait the new VR releases to have something similar 🤷‍♂️

But don’t put your hopes too right like PSVR it will probably be via wrapper that is really painful to work with a lot of issues.

The best wishes are Sony releasing a driver to PC.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Are you turning the knob on the back to tighten the headset?
Are you still having problems with the fit? What works for me every time is to hold down both the button on the top right of the front of the visor and push the button in the back of the halo ring to release both sides to the maximum, put it on and find the sweet spot, then turn the knob on the back of the halo ring until it's no longer slipping, then bring the visor back in. It can feel a little loose if I don't adjust both front and back.

Sadly I still have problems.
I've tried to tighten headband lower, higher and it always slips down my face and rests on my nose after few minutes of playing.
Best result was with baseball cap or a towel on the back of my head for additional frictions... but that doesn't feel right :p
The sweet spot is extremely small and the thing really have to be set correctly to look great. It does look good then.

To be honest, the googles are not resting on my face or bridge of my nose. Only the gasket does and it's not enough support. The thing is wobbly and slippery like most halo designs. Rift S was more wobbly but less slippery for example.

I am a big fan of skiing googles strap like on cv1 or quest1. The simple velcro allows me to have my adjustment and then quick stretch onto my face and I play.
I did 3x7 hours in cv1 with alyx and aside from having VERY vr face, the thing was comfy and never moved an inch. It was still also way lighter than psvr2. I find it heavy.

All in all - it's a good vr. Love the eye tracking but I see that most of the glowing reviews are from vr normies. For me, vr veteran (lul), it's just another headset. I don't see it being so much better than older tech. The fundamental problems are still there. Especially comfort, glare and sweet spot with psvr2.

I will be sending it back. Oled gaming in my face ? YES. but on a 48" lg tv in 4k!!!

All that said - I've finished all the demos and almost whole of horizon. Horizon is very cool but also very boring.
The best thing is flashlight usage in village. It looks fantastic. Still not as good as flashlight in alyx though

• sad

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That cable is dangerous the CNET guy got all tangled in it like a dog and the The Verge reviewer was unable to complete his review because he strangled himself with it by accident.

Cables are a serious threat to society, a lot of people used to die or get brain damage because they strangled themselves with their corded headphones, or get serious harm from tangling themselves with the USB wire of their mouse or keyboard. Even recently trying to reconfigure a living room home theater with all the cables for audio and HDMI caused my neighbor to got stuck behind the TV for a few days, it took the help of the citie's untangling unit to rescue him before he starved.

We tend to forget because everything is wireless these days.
A dead Verge reviewer is a good start!

• fire