PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can't even feel the cable, the headset is very well balanced. The cable is also long as hell, I think maybe 3 metres?
It is 4.5 meters.

Cable is ideal? No. But I prefer it 100% over the variable performance and drop in quality of wireless option.

The only option for quality 4k 120fps VR is cable.

That is why all high quality in VR in PC recommends cable and warn about the drop in quality with WiFi.

Quest 2 is cheap low-end quality VR and even here cable has better latencies than Air Link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sadly I still have problems.
I've tried to tighten headband lower, higher and it always slips down my face and rests on my nose after few minutes of playing.
Best result was with baseball cap or a towel on the back of my head for additional frictions... but that doesn't feel right :p
The sweet spot is extremely small and the thing really have to be set correctly to look great. It does look good then.

To be honest, the googles are not resting on my face or bridge of my nose. Only the gasket does and it's not enough support. The thing is wobbly and slippery like most halo designs. Rift S was more wobbly but less slippery for example.

I am a big fan of skiing googles strap like on cv1 or quest1. The simple velcro allows me to have my adjustment and then quick stretch onto my face and I play.
I did 3x7 hours in cv1 with alyx and aside from having VERY vr face, the thing was comfy and never moved an inch. It was still also way lighter than psvr2. I find it heavy.

All in all - it's a good vr. Love the eye tracking but I see that most of the glowing reviews are from vr normies. For me, vr veteran (lul), it's just another headset. I don't see it being so much better than older tech. The fundamental problems are still there. Especially comfort, glare and sweet spot with psvr2.

I will be sending it back. Oled gaming in my face ? YES. but on a 48" lg tv in 4k!!!

All that said - I've finished all the demos and almost whole of horizon. Horizon is very cool but also very boring.
The best thing is flashlight usage in village. It looks fantastic. Still not as good as flashlight in alyx though
Interesting. Maybe your head shape isnt ideal for the headset but the front is supposed to rest on top of your forehead, and the back is supposed to go kind of underneath the back of your head; if I try to do it lower then I have to tighten it too much and it feels like a vice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230226-184206_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230226-184206_Firefox.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: rofif

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Interesting. Maybe your head shape isnt ideal for the headset but the front is supposed to rest on top of your forehead, like this, if I try to do it lower then I have to tighten it too much and it feels like a vice.
Rofif’s head is square, like Frankenstein’s monster.

Reactions: rofif

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
How many games did quest 1 launch with?
How many quest 1 ports did quest 2 launch with?
How long did valve have a headset before alyx?

The h8orz acting like 40 games on launch day is bad because there aren't enough games and too many ports, have very short memories.
The whores?

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I've had my psvr2 since launch so I've played. Pretty good to me but still not TV good. I'm enjoying my psvr2 alot though and am hoping for a fleshed out action, RPG.
I wouldn't mind a nice fleshed out turn based RPG where I can look left or right and see my team waiting on their turn. toss them a health pack to heal or see them from a VR prospective pulling off the moves I direct them to.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I wouldn't mind a nice fleshed out turn based RPG where I can look left or right and see my team waiting on their turn. toss them a health pack to heal or see them from a VR prospective pulling off the moves I direct them to.
I was playing Pavlov watching my team mates on the side huddled up taking out zombies. It was cool seeing it clearly in VR. RPG like that is definitely doable. Imagine how the cast magic spells would look.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I was playing Pavlov watching my team mates on the side huddled up taking out zombies. It was cool seeing it clearly in VR. RPG like that is definitely doable. Imagine how the cast magic spells would look.
Nice. I feel that would be something i would like to see made. imagine your RPG team mate just took a massive blow and look to the left and actually see them double over in pain. And after casting heal or tossing them a heal potion, they stand up, look at you and thank you or give a thumbs up

• brain
Reactions: Gamernyc78