PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I got to say pavlov is definitely a must have. It feels like old school cod.
The gameplay is so good. And git a lot of game modes.

Best £18 quid I've spent this year. The Light Brigade was a let down. Doesn't use psvr2 features resulting in a lot of shimmering. Plus the bugs. Shame really. Let's see what updates they bring to psvr2

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Best £18 quid I've spent this year. The Light Brigade was a let down. Doesn't use psvr2 features resulting in a lot of shimmering. Plus the bugs. Shame really. Let's see what updates they bring to psvr2
Yeah I've been holding off on light brigade as well. Also where's my firmware update sony, having to reset the controllers every time is getting annoying

Reactions: SLB1904
D

Deleted member 417

It's on my list at number 1

It looks like old school CS:S

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
It’s arrived! Muahahahahaha!

🥳
Enjoy.
c99a2ba9b7b577dfe17e7f74c4314fc2_w200.gif

D

Deleted member 417

I am hearing that the PSVr2 has not hit sales expectations.

I hear that from mainly xbox shills and Microsoft gamers who somehow have insider information on what Sony expected to sell and how many they have sold in only two weeks.

The desperation is quite enjoyable.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It’s arrived! Muahahahahaha!

🥳

Edit: Dammit, cable a bit short. Going to have to get an extension to sit on couch.

Edit 2: What spec extension does this need - usb3.2 10Gig ?!?
Glad you got it! Enjoy it my gaming brethren.

Reactions: Shmunter

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I am hearing that the PSVr2 has not hit sales expectations.

I hear that from mainly xbox shills and Microsoft gamers who somehow have insider information on what Sony expected to sell and how many they have sold in only two weeks.

The desperation is quite enjoyable.
How would these Shills know the sales expectations? if anything majority of the PSVR2 sales was fulfilled in locations that PlayStation Direct ships to and retail stores for locations not supported by PlayStation Direct. Sony knows after so many months they allowed preorders on how many was going to sell and ship. The unit isnt even in retail stores in the US yet for anyone to walk in and purchase at a B&M. Sony has the data before hand. knows the numbers to expect and any xbox shill is just talking out of their ass

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How would these Shills know the sales expectations? if anything majority of the PSVR2 sales was fulfilled in locations that PlayStation Direct ships to and retail stores for locations not supported by PlayStation Direct. Sony knows after so many months they allowed preorders on how many was going to sell and ship. The unit isnt even in retail stores in the US yet for anyone to walk in and purchase at a B&M. Sony has the data before hand. knows the numbers to expect and any xbox shill is just talking out of their ass
Yeah you can't even buy it from Amazon yet.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Glad you got it! Enjoy it my gaming brethren.
Ok have done a quick one 2 for initial impressions. The setup was super high tech feeling with the room scanning, total AR stuff. Adding and deleting space was incredibly intuitive.

Sweet spot is much tighter than vr1, but you do build intuition finding it after a bit of use so no biggie.

Put on the new Job Simulator as it’s room scale now. Nice and clear, and the tracking fidelity is revolutionary. I actually walked over to the other cubicles….there’s no one in there, just some rubbish 😝

Screen brightness is good, but this must be a relative assertion based on what one is used to. It’s certainly not as punchy as my 85” mini led tv, but that’s not all important when you’re pitch black inside with the perfect oled blacks. Imagine highlights will be impressive.

Tried 2d. Gave Modern Warefare 2 a shot, excellent experience on the giant screen in 120hz - fov in game all the way to 120, normally play at 85-90 on tv. Clear enough without much to complain about. Not as sharp or punchy as a good 4k screen, but my expectations were well calibrated so all good.

Tried a movie, looked good too.

Some annoyances - No cinema mode output to the tv - meaning I cannot get sound out of my surround thumping HT, you are stuck with headphones which is a disappointment.

You do get tv mirroring with vr only games, but again for some reason sound going out of the hdmi is only stereo ffs. Thumper still sounded great, but this is hardly optimal and I fear we won’t get any better from Sony.

That’s about it for now.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Went to check out RE8 and was glued to it through the tutorial, whole baby sequence through to the snowy village. Then I got slain by the werewolf- not sure how, punched and stabbed the mutha like a real gangsta.

The shooting range, man those weapons with the manual reload, cocking the shotgun and bolting the rifle. Bliss.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Went to check out RE8 and was glued to it through the tutorial, whole baby sequence through to the snowy village. Then I got slain by the werewolf- not sure how, punched and stabbed the mutha like a real gangsta.

The shooting range, man those weapons with the manual reload, cocking the shotgun and bolting the rifle. Bliss.
Yeah it has the best gunplay than every game I've tested so far

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Also where's my firmware update sony, having to reset the controllers every time is getting annoying
Yeah what's up with that. Man I dodge a bullet. From the stress of the delivery I wouldn't be able to take these problems

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeah I've been holding off on light brigade as well. Also where's my firmware update sony, having to reset the controllers every time is getting annoying
What happens exactly, have not experienced any issue myself luckily. Is it only effecting some people?

Must note, I’m on the Beta 3 of the latest PS5 firmware.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Does anyone know how to disable that scuba mask view in Horizon CotM? I can't believe I am trapped in that small fov. It's very distracting.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Ok I just looked it up on reddit and there is a stupid Vignette setting set up by default. You just turn it off and now I have full view while walking.
Yeah I always turn that off. Psvr2 framerate is so smooth that I'm playing games for hours. Never done that on psvr1. It would make sick easily. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't had any motion sickness problem at all