PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I always turn that off. Psvr2 framerate is so smooth that I'm playing games for hours. Never done that on psvr1. It would make sick easily. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't had any motion sickness problem at all
Yes, very comfortable and haven't felt dizziness or motion sickness yet even though I've ve been suffering with tension headache and ringing lately. Doctor told me I am stressed. Don't know why 😂.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah I always turn that off. Psvr2 framerate is so smooth that I'm playing games for hours. Never done that on psvr1. It would make sick easily. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't had any motion sickness problem at all
So in game I'm fine as opposed to with Psvr1 where I use to get sick often however after I take psvr2 off I still feel light headed and dizzy. Nothing major but I do. Jyst to add though as I get older I notice I'm getting like vertigo with other things so it definitely has to do with me in last few years feeling that way.

Reactions: SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
So in game I'm fine as opposed to with Psvr1 where I use to get sick often however after I take psvr2 off I still feel light headed and dizzy. Nothing major but I do. Jyst to add though as I get older I notice I'm getting like vertigo with other things so it definitely has to do with me in last few years feeling that way.
Yeah I know the feeling is shit. To be fair I play with one leg against my bed. Helps me have a sense of the surrounds.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This stupid vertigo thing may come suddenly for months or years then it disappears. Many people never know why they got it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I like how I can see my surroundings withe cameras with the AR like features. It reminds me of Microsoft's fake Hololense demo.
Microsoft fakes, Sony delivers😂

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Imagine if Sony hired the Flat2VR team for PSVR2, we'd have so many more games to enjoy. PC players can enjoy Returnal, Cyberpunk and, a lot of UE games in VR. That's what I thought PSVR2 would entail when I heard rumors of hybrid games, sadly that turned out to be false.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Imagine if Sony hired the Flat2VR team for PSVR2, we'd have so many more games to enjoy. PC players can enjoy Returnal, Cyberpunk and, a lot of UE games in VR. That's what I thought PSVR2 would entail when I heard rumors of hybrid games, sadly that turned out to be false.
What you on about?
These pc mods are locked to the physics of flat screen games not just the camera view.
See re8 comparison. And talking about hybrids are games built with vr in mind like gt7, re8 and soon re4 remake.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I submitted mine for return because sweetspot is very small and it always moves with how bad the fit is for me. long focal length distance does not help.
I will pobably buy it again once 3rd party straps are released.
To be honest, gaming on 120hz hdr oled tv on my desk probably spoiled vr image quality a tiny bit for me to...
Now... here is hoping they will accept the refund since I've used up the horizon code ooof. I am all open to pay for it but I hope they will ask for that and not send it back.

• sad
Reactions: anonpuffs

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What you on about?
These pc mods are locked to the physics of flat screen games not just the camera view.
See re8 comparison. And talking about hybrids are games built with vr in mind like gt7, re8 and soon re4 remake.
I have no idea what the first part of your post means, but yes I agree with the 2nd half, Sony studios should have had a mandate to create seamless hybrid games like GT7. Look how that has become a showcase for the system. No complicated control schemes, just use the dualsense controllers, and take off the headset and bam you're back to the 2d version. Sadly Sony choosing not to do that means they will have to split their resources between VR and non VR first party games if they want to make system selling software for this thing.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I submitted mine for return because sweetspot is very small and it always moves with how bad the fit is for me. long focal length distance does not help.
I will pobably buy it again once 3rd party straps are released.
To be honest, gaming on 120hz hdr oled tv on my desk probably spoiled vr image quality a tiny bit for me to...
Now... here is hoping they will accept the refund since I've used up the horizon code ooof. I am all open to pay for it but I hope they will ask for that and not send it back.
Man, that bad? Maybe see If you can become more natural at finding it. Many new multi focal glasses wearers also need a week or 2 to adjust.

But granted, vr1 had better lenses and better comfort. No idea why they changed things up.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That is insane. What ps5 firmware are you running? Maybe the Beta is helping me out here.
It's up to date. I already posted a few pages back, it's a fairly widespread problem. About ~30% of respondents in the PSVR reddit poll said they had a problem. Of course the actual number will be lower due to sampling bias and participation bias.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I have no idea what the first part of your post means, but yes I agree with the 2nd half, Sony studios should have had a mandate to create seamless hybrid games like GT7. Look how that has become a showcase for the system. No complicated control schemes, just use the dualsense controllers, and take off the headset and bam you're back to the 2d version. Sadly Sony choosing not to do that means they will have to split their resources between VR and non VR first party games if they want to make system selling software for this thing.
The first part of my post means the vr mods on pc are very limited compared to a native port.

Sony has enough studios with vr teams in it. Insomniac, guerrilla , London studios, asobo etc.

I don't get your point.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Got mine today and I love it! GT7 in PSVR2 is something else. I tried RE8 and No Man's Sky as well and enjoyed them. PSVR2 is waaay better than PSVR1 ever was and it's an amazing piece of tech. I can't wait to see what games we'll get for it in the future. It's off to an amazing start!

• fire
Reactions: anonpuffs

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The first part of my post means the vr mods on pc are very limited compared to a native port.

Sony has enough studios with vr teams in it. Insomniac, guerrilla , London studios, asobo etc.

I don't get your point.

This is my point

"Sony choosing not to do that (hybrid games) means they will have to split their resources between VR and non VR first party games"

Making games that are playable for flat screen and then ported to VR are much better than VR only games and can reach a larger market. Imagine if Spiderman used one of its many support studios to add a VR mode to their flat screen games like Spiderman, Horizon, or God of War, you'd move PSVR from a novelty to a must have for a lot of people. Just like GT7 was made for flat screen first and is now a must have VR title. You see my point?

There's literally no downside to a hybrid approach. While VR only games have a limited market and appeal to less people.

Also I'm not aware that Cyberpunk, GTA, and all the many VR mods are limited in some way.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Polish Paul VR delivers an awesome tip from redit for free wristband hack for hands free handling of PSVR sense controllers. Have tried, it works well.

Reactions: Deleted member 417