PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The positive comfort reviews are trash really. Sure, it is my subjective head shape making the thing slowly creep up in the back of my head but halo straps are generally trash for few reasons:
-Wobble. The google part is attached in 1 anchor point. If You look down, it will move outwards from your face. If You quickly shake your head or turn, it will wobble. none of this is a problem with tighter skiing googles designs.
-More time to put on. Every time that you put it on, you need to screw the thing on the back and find the sweet spot. With skiing googles design and velcro like on cv1 or quest1, you have your size setup and just slap the thing on your head in 5 seconds.
-hotspot on the forhead

and many more. Halo straps are genrealy disliked in the community aside from few hybrid halo straps.
Nah bro, maybe you have a big head or something, but i haved the oculus Rift, both the quests and psvr 1, and this thing its fucking confortable, way better than the quest 2

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Nah bro, maybe you have a big head or something, but i haved the oculus Rift, both the quests and psvr 1, and this thing its fucking confortable, way better than the quest 2
I didn't mean to come out offensively. I am happy it fits other people but I hat that design.
I will reconsider buying again wen 3rd party straps come out that fit my stupid head :p

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The positive comfort reviews are trash really. Sure, it is my subjective head shape making the thing slowly creep up in the back of my head but halo straps are generally trash for few reasons:
-Wobble. The google part is attached in 1 anchor point. If You look down, it will move outwards from your face. If You quickly shake your head or turn, it will wobble. none of this is a problem with tighter skiing googles designs.
-More time to put on. Every time that you put it on, you need to screw the thing on the back and find the sweet spot. With skiing googles design and velcro like on cv1 or quest1, you have your size setup and just slap the thing on your head in 5 seconds.
-hotspot on the forhead

and many more. Halo straps are genrealy disliked in the community aside from few hybrid halo straps.
To be fair all VR headsets I tested were confortable even after hours playing...
But I can sleep in the most unusual positions and don't have any disconfort in the other day (I don't remember having stiff neck) while my wife have disconfort even if her legs are not straight in bed or her pillow is higher than what she is used (I can sleep with my body over the pillows or wihtout nay pillow at all lol... I can even sleep all night seated without any disconfort... I love to travel in bus, airplanes, trains, etc... it is so good to sleep in these armchairs while it is moving).

Confort is very subjevtive.

I hope you find some way or workaround to make your confort better... probably 3rd-party accessories will come.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To be fair all VR headsets I tested were confortable even after hours playing...
But I can sleep in the most unusual positions and don't have any disconfort in the other day (I don't remember having stiff neck) while my wife have disconfort even if her legs are not straight in bed or her pillow is higher than what she is used (I can sleep with my body over the pillows or wihtout nay pillow at all lol... I can even sleep all night seated without any disconfort... I love to travel in bus, airplanes, trains, etc... it is so good to sleep in these armchairs while it is moving).

Confort is very subjevtive.

I hope you find some way or workaround to make your confort better... probably 3rd-party accessories will come.
Ethomoz I'm not a grammar nazi but just letting you know it's "comfort" with an "m". I know you've learned English as a second language and you are doing great so just correcting that.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ethomoz I'm not a grammar nazi but just letting you know it's "comfort" with an "m". I know you've learned English as a second language and you are doing great so just correcting that.
Sorry it is because in Portuguese m only come before p and b so all others letters have n before… that confuses me when I type fast.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sorry it is because in Portuguese m only come before p and b so all others letters have n before… that confuses me when I type fast.
Oh I figured that. Muito bom. BTW my x is actually from Bahia.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Cool. Did you traveled here or your x lives outside? I’m from São Paulo but did travel a lot of times to Bahia… last one was Porto Seguro city for Vacation but I already experienced Carnaval in Salvador.
My x moved here to the U.S. but would travel yearly to Bahia. Unfortunately, we planned on going together but we broke up and I never went, however there are a few Brazilians in NYC mainly in the Astoria, Queens neighborhood and Ive enjoyed meeting some in the past.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My x moved here to the U.S. but would travel yearly to Bahia. Unfortunately, we planned on going together but we broke up and I never went, however there are a few Brazilians in NYC mainly in the Astoria, Queens neighborhood and Ive enjoyed meeting some in the past.
Not saying you should be with your ex but sadly the experience should be great.. even as Brazilian I had a great time in Bahia and it should not be different for foreign tourists… people there are very receptive.

I hope you have more chances in the future ;)

• party
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
-hotspot on the forhead

Fair enough, psvr1 was more comfortable to me, better support around the front. Also the lenses on psvr1 were better even with less fov, less blurring on periphery and no god rays.

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Last edited:
Reactions: rofif

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
How do you lose a gun? Just dropping it on the ground?
I don't know if it's a glitch. I found a rifle on the floor and put on my back and when I clear the level my main weapon disappeared and I end up with the weak rifle i picked from the floor

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Holy heck GT7 is crack. Man the final S-10 license is kicking my ass with the aqua planing. I either spin off or come in a second short of bitch bronze, driving like miss Daisy.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Moved to living room for more space and put in two hours of Pavlov! No sickness and felt really good and comfortable. Now i am going to tackle Resi Evil for a bit.

BTW, yes! Pavlov is a good fps vr game. Pretty basic but realistic and everyone has a mic and playing together. Looks like alot of ppl have the game as dozens of servers were full but you could still find a game. Really excited for Firewall.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Moved to living room for more space and out in two hours of Pavlov! No sickness and felt really good and comfortable. Now i am going to tackle Resi Evil for a bit.

BTW, yes! Pavlov is a good fps vr game. Pretty basic but realistic and everyone has a mic and playing together. Looks like alot of ppl hace the game as dozens of servers were full but you could still find a game. Really excited for Firewall.
Yeah there are loads of people playing. Firewall will be huge. Can't wait.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeah there are loads of people playing. Firewall will be huge. Can't wait.
Seen some stuff on Twitter where Firewall may end up not having manual reloading. That would be an epic fail to not take advantage of the new motion controls reducing immersion.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seen some stuff on Twitter where Firewall may end up not having manual reloading. That would be an epic fail to not take advantage of the new motion controls reducing immersion.
They can always put an option for and without if thy want. It's annoying at first but then muscle memory kicks in and it becomes second nature.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
They can always out an option for and without if thy want. It's annoying at first but then muscle memory kicks in and it becomes second nature.
I reckon it cannot be an option to keep a level playing field in mp. Either in or out.

And “out” sounds more like a port job of the old game instead of a well thought out ground up build for the new system.

Let’s hope they do the right thing here or I may be a Pavlov guy this Gen instead.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I reckon it cannot be an option to keep a level playing field in mp. Either in or out.

And “out” sounds more like a port job of the old game instead of a well thought out ground up build for the new system.

Let’s hope they do the right thing here or I may be a Pavlov guy this Gen instead.
That's a gamers choice and that's OK. So I dont really subscribe to them not implementing an option due to the playing field aspect. Just like aim assist on or off in games, it exists even in mp games.