PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I tried Light Brigade but I am awful at the game, and smooth motion was a mistake. Played 15 minutes and got my ass handed to me (shit's actually kinda hard to aim) and then got motion sick lol

Reactions: Gamernyc78

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I tried Light Brigade but I am awful at the game, and smooth motion was a mistake. Played 15 minutes and got my ass handed to me (shit's actually kinda hard to aim) and then got motion sick lol
I always use snap turn.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I've had psvr2 since launch but today is the day I go all in and try all my games. So far I've played GT and Pavlov but haven't tried Resi Evil yet so I'm excited for that. Also ordered my stand today and should be coming by tonight. I have my main ps5 in my bedroom but not enough room for free roam so I'm going to try all this in my living room.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I've had psvr2 since launch but today is the day I go all in and try all my games. So far I've played GT and Pavlov but haven't tried Resi Evil yet so I'm excited for that. Also ordered my stand today abd should be coming by tonight. I have my main ps5 in my bedroom but not enough room for free roam so I'm going to try all this in my living room.
And Horizon?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I am about to test the light brigade update.

Man I hope is good. I understand these devs are small but is painful not to see this game not taking advantage of the psvr2.

That's why I hate the Quest 2 so much but at same time I'm thankful for the contribution. Without it the psvr2 launch line up wouldn't be this good

Reactions: Deleted member 417

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
returned mine. Got the money back minus horizon. Fair enough.
I hated the strap nd small sweetspot.
Also, one thing nobody talks about is long focal distance. Oculus headsets focus at 1.3meters. This feels like 3-4 (no official number), so shortsighted people (majority of nerds) need to wear glasses for this.
I am considering quest2 again. Just because I loved quest 1 and I regret selling it. LCD screens though.... quest 2 also would allow me to replay alyx and paly re4 vr. Bigger sweetspot, short focal distance. better strap choices and decent built-in audio.
honestly, psvr2 should be much lighter for being wired. Look at oculus cv1. That thing triumphs in comfort

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
And then we have....

And many others actually saying it is the most comfortable headset. I have had no comfort issues with mine whatsoever.
The positive comfort reviews are trash really. Sure, it is my subjective head shape making the thing slowly creep up in the back of my head but halo straps are generally trash for few reasons:
-Wobble. The google part is attached in 1 anchor point. If You look down, it will move outwards from your face. If You quickly shake your head or turn, it will wobble. none of this is a problem with tighter skiing googles designs.
-More time to put on. Every time that you put it on, you need to screw the thing on the back and find the sweet spot. With skiing googles design and velcro like on cv1 or quest1, you have your size setup and just slap the thing on your head in 5 seconds.
-hotspot on the forhead

and many more. Halo straps are genrealy disliked in the community aside from few hybrid halo straps.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The positive comfort reviews are trash really. Sure, it is my subjective head shape making the thing slowly creep up in the back of my head but halo straps are generally trash for few reasons:
-Wobble. The google part is attached in 1 anchor point. If You look down, it will move outwards from your face. If You quickly shake your head or turn, it will wobble. none of this is a problem with tighter skiing googles designs.
-More time to put on. Every time that you put it on, you need to screw the thing on the back and find the sweet spot. With skiing googles design and velcro like on cv1 or quest1, you have your size setup and just slap the thing on your head in 5 seconds.
-hotspot on the forhead

and many more. Halo straps are genrealy disliked in the community aside from few hybrid halo straps.
did you wear headphones over the headset? I used to do this and found that it was causing the headset to move. I've since started wearing the headset over the headphones and it works much better.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
did you wear headphones over the headset? I used to do this and found that it was causing the headset to move. I've since started wearing the headset over the headphones and it works much better.
Yeah I did. Tried both ways

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
-hotspot on the forhead

Can't relate

Other topic:
About the light brigade. Start one run killed the first boss. And die on the second because my stupid ass lost the main gun.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Can't relate

Other topic:
About the light brigade. Start one run killed the first boss. And die on the second because my stupid ass lost the main gun.
How do you lose a gun? Just dropping it on the ground?