PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sony fucked me good, payed in full November, hat not sent till 21, eta towards end of next week at best. Lodged a complaint about the incompetence.
Sorry dude. Can you still cancel the preorder? I've seen some people able to pick it up at retail

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Sorry dude. Can you still cancel the preorder? I've seen some people able to pick it up at retail
Tried on chat, got the run around about email this and that with no guarantee. Too much effort and obfuscation. Typical Sony support BS.

Never again buying direct from these clowns.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Tried on chat, got the run around about email this and that with no guarantee. Too much effort and obfuscation. Typical Sony support BS.

Never again buying direct from these clowns.
Yeah that's one of the major things Sony can afford to do better on.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Initial impressions after 3.5 hours of playing:

Holy shit this thing is fucking cool.

Initial setup was fucking next level, it was like I was doing that shit from movies like Inception where you move screens with your hands. If I had a suggestion, it would be that during the initial setup the passthrough camera highlights the move controllers with a glowing ring - it would be nice if it was active every time you activated passthrough, as well as having a label on which controller is Left/Right because it's not always easy to tell. The passthrough camera is actually kinda grainy in the distance so beyond maybe 3-5 feet it's hard to tell fine details.
I played kayak for about 20-25 min before I got motion sick. Incredible game. The visuals at close to medium distances was amazing, in the distance you could tell the draw distance wasn't that good because you could see the blockiness in the far cliffs/geometry. Didn't matter though, it was a blast.

Then I played multiversus for about an hour on cinema mode. This was probably the least impressive part of the experience as there's some pixel shimmering unless you turn the screen size up all the way, at least on my headset. It's also clearly a 1080p display so don't expect amazing clarity compared to your 4K TV or 1440p monitors. The lenses have noticeable screendoor effect and chromatic aberration if you don't have the headset at the right distance and angle to your face, so I had to fiddle with it a bunch. Also, while putting on the headset I accidentally touched the lenses with my hair so I had to wipe them with some kimwipes (please don't use kleenex or your sleeves to clean these lenses, you'll ruin them - a box of kimwipes and some camera lens cleaning solution like zeiss will run you like $10 on amazon). I would say there's about a 60-70 degree cone in the middle where you get very sharp picture, then towards the edges you can tell that due to the fresnel lenses the image starts to blur, so if you want to maintain clarity you have to turn your head to the general area where you want to look. Not a problem in games, but in cinema mode it could get irritating if the corners of your movies or w/e aren't as sharp. Overall it was still a good experience, I just wouldn't use it as a full-time way to game on flat games, more a make-do option which is fine if your main TV is in use.

Finally I played about 2 hours in Demeo. Don't sleep on this game folks. It's a turn based dungeon crawler with a party of up to 4, also multiplayer (can be played solo as well). Fun as fuck and I couldn't stop smiling while playing the game. I noticed a couple minor bugs but nothing that actually affected the game. Once I got used to the controls I couldn't put it down.

All in all this was a fantastic first experience in VR. Can't wait to get into Call of the Mountain, GT7, and RE8 next.

PS I had a problem with my PSVR2 sense controllers at the beginning. My right controller wasn't registering button presses with R1/R2 - in order to fix this you have to use the pinhole controller reset trick - there's a pinhole on the underside of the rings near where the handle connects to the ring, you use a pin and push it in while a game is open and it'll disconnect/reset the controller. Once you pair it again it'll register the inputs.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They'll be a firmware update soon enough I'm sure
But I wanna play today. And a firmware update might take a day? A week? Sony doesn't announce these things usually. This is probably hotfixable quickly and probably has to do with a firmware update they pushed to launch units as I had to update the controllers as soon as I booted up the unit. Regardless there are things that are able to be done to fix it without waiting. Some dumbasses were going to return their PSVRs for something that can be fixed in 15 seconds.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
But I wanna play today. And a firmware update might take a day? A week? Sony doesn't announce these things usually. This is probably hotfixable quickly and probably has to do with a firmware update they pushed to launch units as I had to update the controllers as soon as I booted up the unit. Regardless there are things that are able to be done to fix it without waiting. Some dumbasses were going to return their PSVRs for something that can be fixed in 15 seconds.
I didn't mean wait, lol. Would take the patience of a monk.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

It may sound petty, but seeing the port begging from PCMR for PSVR2 to come to PC, combined with the doomposting that VR2 will fail if it doesn't come to PC, is quite enjoyable.

Keep the impressions coming!

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Jim Ryan should've put me in charge of the VR division. They should've had a a VorpX level driver in the PS5 that allowed any flat screen game to be a VR hybrid. There's a reason why PC mods of flatscreen games like Cyberpunk are insanely popular. VR's problem was always the lack of software and not the hardware.

D

Deleted member 417

Alyx needs to come. Not because I want to play which I do but just to see the copium
Alyx and HL1+2 remastered. I would much prefer CS:S in VR though, just for the lulz of shooting around corners and dicking about with nade tennis.

Reactions: SLB1904

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The best thing since the invention of bread from all the reactions out there. I haven't touched racers in a long ass time but I guess I'll have to when I finally decide to jump on this with GT7.

Reactions: Gamernyc78