PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PlayStation VR 2 Players Are Reporting Issues With Their Sense Controllers

There's no definitive fix at the moment, and Sony hasn't made an official comment yet.

By Oisin Kuhnke
on February 23, 2023 at 8:47AM PST

The PlayStation VR 2 has only just launched, but numerous users appear to be experiencing issues with the right Sense controller.
As reported by Eurogamer, a detailed thread has been shared to the PSVR subreddit detailing several issues that appear to be occurring with the right Sense controller for the PSVR 2. "Like a lot of folks on here, I can’t get button presses on my right Sense controller to register in games," explains the poster, mentioning the X and R2 buttons in the head of the thread. The author noted that on the main PS5 menu, there's no issue with the buttons, so it might be a software-specific issue.

Now Playing: PlayStation VR 2 Review

The thread lists a range of ways you can potentially fix the issue, starting with the official PlayStation method from the hardware's troubleshooting page, which is to turn the PS5 off, reset both controllers using a pin, plug the right controller into the console, turn the console on again, and pair the left Sense based on the on-screen directions.

Other fixes include things like the classic turning it off and on again, turning feedback off and on again, using a DualSense controller to enter a game while in See Through mode while the VR Sense controllers aren't connected and then turning the Sense controllers on, and literally just button mashing until it works.

Not everyone appears to be experiencing issues with the right controller; some are having problems with the left, in fact, and the issues don't seem to affect every game. Titles like Gran Turismo 7 and Thumper are reportedly totally fine. If you're having any troubles, the thread is repeatedly being updated with new fixes, so keep checking back if you haven't found one yet.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
695uec.jpg

lol Glad your enjoying it. How's your experience so far compared to the PSVR?
Oh man, I needed a laugh today. Thanks :)

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Damn, seeing a lot of people on twitter complaining about the controllers not working, the display having lots of mura and ghosting in games like Horizon Call of the Mountain.

This thing is trash.. and Jeff Grubb said it's also apparently selling like shit too.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Damn, seeing a lot of people on twitter complaining about the controllers not working, the display having lots of mura and ghosting in games like Horizon Call of the Mountain.

This thing is trash.. and Jeff Grubb said it's also apparently selling like shit too.

Why do I anyways see these posts after I ordered one lol

Reactions: Deleted member 417

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh man I spent about an hour in GT7 and had to take the headset off immediately after spinning out once. My head's still spinning lmao

• party
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

For every negative tweet you find, I can find 20 positive tweets.

Cope. Enjoy your Kinect on Series X.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Mine so far work perfectly, but I played mostly GT7 so there's that

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I decided to finish horizon first than will jump on re8 and after will buy the light brigade