PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This thing is trash.. and Jeff Grubb said it's also apparently selling like shit too.
  • Doesn't own one
  • Hasn't touched one
  • Hasn't looked at one
  • Conclusion: It's trash
I just went back to check - All buttons work perfectly on mine. Of course my experience is mine, but saying a product is trash because it may have a firmware glitch is just fucking dumb. The product is great, well built, fun, and better than most competition.

As for Jeff Cheeseburger, I'd love to see his sources (probably Phil Spencer's dick and Tom Warren's bullshit claims).

D

Deleted member 417

How many games did quest 1 launch with?
How many quest 1 ports did quest 2 launch with?
How long did valve have a headset before alyx?

The h8orz acting like 40 games on launch day is bad because there aren't enough games and too many ports, have very short memories.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"The new bar for VR!"

"We need Half Life: Alyx"

elrisitas.png

How are those mutually exclusive? The device itself is a new bar for VR, and people would like to get a great game like Alyx.

You keep on grasping at straws.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
How are those mutually exclusive? The device itself is a new bar for VR, and people would like to get a great game like Alyx.

You keep on grasping at straws.
Yeah, his trolling is not subtle at all. As if we all give a fuck about Alyx. Ppl just keep running with it because it's hive mind mentality. I mean Astrobot Rescue Mission on PSVR scored a 90 meta and everyone wasn't saying PCVR needed it.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, his trolling is not subtle at all. As if we all give a fuck about Alyx. Ppl just keep running with it because it's hive mind mentality. I mean Astrobot Rescue Mission on PSVR scored a 90 meta and everyone wasn't saying PCVR needed it.

I saved the video! This was so good

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't think people know what they are missing if they haven't tried it.

Horizon was incredible really. Seeing the actual size of the machines "in person" is ENTIRELY different from playing the game, and the feeling that these things are right in front of your face (including items you pick up) is very surreal feeling.

For example ... the climbing sections with the hand controllers feels completely intuitive. Reaching out and grabbing ledges, or the interiors of crevasses in rocks feels just like real rock climbing if you've done it. There is an intuitive nature of interacting with the games using this thing that just ... feels like life. When you start using the bow and you try to aim by looking down the line of site of the arrow and perfectly hitting your target ... it's just a wild feeling. And again, hanging onto the rocks and literally SEEING the cliff face inches in front of you as you hold on, then turning to look below at the valley below with the waterfalls etc. It's just fantastic.

Anyone saying it's "trash" REALLY sounds like they are coping or hating. It's not a perfect setup (motion sickness can definitely be a thing) but it absolutely feels like you're there and that this stuff is real. I can pretty much guarantee there is no way in hell Forza will be able to compete with the GT7 VR experience.

Overall just another pretty big win for Sony IMO. Pushing boundaries. I remember when Nintendo used to try stuff like this. Hell they did it first with VirtualBoy which was just way, way, too ahead of its time where the tech could not deliver on the promise of VR. And again, it's just an option. You don't HAVE to play any games this way. But it definitely feels like there will be more great things to come for the platform.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Personally I do give a fuck about alyx. I want to play it. That said what I hope for even more is a strong commitment to AAA bangers on VR2 so in a few years alyx will just be a "nice to have" among a sea of legendary titles.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Personally I do give a fuck about alyx. I want to play it. That said what I hope for even more is a strong commitment to AAA bangers on VR2 so in a few years alyx will just be a "nice to have" among a sea of legendary titles.
That's great and I don't. Plenty of good games out there besides Alyx which is my point. Im already enjoying GT7, Pavlov and Resi Evil. We know more good games are coming. This narrative that PSVR2 needs this one game is disingenuous. I'll take whatever good games come my way.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I saved the video! This was so good
This is a great video and it highlights some of what I just mentioned. The VR setup makes the climbing ACTUALLY feel like you're doing something. I see in some of the segments how you're looking around for the next hold, and also using a variety of techniques for climbing whether it's just your hands, the pick axe, or ropes. It's not just press X and push a direction with no challenge. Completely transforms what Horizon is for those segments IMO.

And again, if you haven't played VR with these kinds of hand controllers it's impossible to understand what playing this video would actually feel like.

• fire
Reactions: SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
This is a great video and it highlights some of what I just mentioned. The VR setup makes the climbing ACTUALLY feel like you're doing something. I see in some of the segments how you're looking around for the next hold, and also using a variety of techniques for climbing whether it's just your hands, the pick axe, or ropes. It's not just press X and push a direction with no challenge. Completely transforms what Horizon is for those segments IMO.

And again, if you haven't played VR with these kinds of hand controllers it's impossible to understand what playing this video would actually feel like.
It is so much fun. Really didnt expect to enjoy the small things. And there are environmental puzzles as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 417