PSVR2: |OT| The new bar for VR, its time to feel a new real!🔥🔥

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hopefully things pick up! I have been seeing quite a few twitter posts with ppl getting PSVR2 for Christmas and being very happy. Hopefully they sold a gd amount this holiday.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Oh, what could've been. If only Sony invested money into getting developers to convert their flat games into PSVR2. At least every first party Sony PS4 game should've had a vr mode patch done by Nixxes.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I did not know Resi 4 was so long! No complaints I'm loving it but damn it's deep! Some really cool boss fights that are just so much better in VR. You see those two giants like mountains and your in awe knowing you can actually fight them in free roam VR, shit is crazy.

On another note I cannot convey how good the PSVR2 controllers are. Not once have I had a disconnect or felt uncomfortable with them. Very good tech.

Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Unity, whose Standard Render Pipeline does not support foveated rendering, seems to be a big hurdle in development. Some studios were faced with the difficult choice of either porting their game to the newer Universal Render Pipeline, which reportedly is very time-consuming, or forgoing foveated rendering. Some titles such as No Man's Sky and Switchback VR only received updates to support the rendering technology months after launch.

According to some developers, another big obstacle is Sony's strict requirements, called Virtual Reality Checks (VRCs), that studios must pass before they can release their VR game for Playstation VR 2. For example, the Hellsweeper Studio had to disable a signature movement feature by default because Sony feld it would cause discomfort.

The developers' wish list includes better tracking, beta access for patches and updates to gather feedback from players, and a QA team to help small VR studios.

Conclusion: The Inverse article sheds a new and rare light on the development process for PSVR 2 and is a recommended read if you are interested in the topic.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Unity, whose Standard Render Pipeline does not support foveated rendering, seems to be a big hurdle in development. Some studios were faced with the difficult choice of either porting their game to the newer Universal Render Pipeline, which reportedly is very time-consuming, or forgoing foveated rendering. Some titles such as No Man's Sky and Switchback VR only received updates to support the rendering technology months after launch.

According to some developers, another big obstacle is Sony's strict requirements, called Virtual Reality Checks (VRCs), that studios must pass before they can release their VR game for Playstation VR 2. For example, the Hellsweeper Studio had to disable a signature movement feature by default because Sony feld it would cause discomfort.

The developers' wish list includes better tracking, beta access for patches and updates to gather feedback from players, and a QA team to help small VR studios.

Conclusion: The Inverse article sheds a new and rare light on the development process for PSVR 2 and is a recommended read if you are interested in the topic.
Unity needs to fix that cuz FOVeated rendering is the best thing to happen to VR

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Unity needs to fix that cuz FOVeated rendering is the best thing to happen to VR
First thing I thought to myself especially after No Man's got it months later and it was a game changer. I was reading a meta versus psvr article and they had a section called "biggest diff between the two" they of course mentioned how meta was wireless but nowhere in sight did thy mention lack of eye tracking hence no foveated rendering, I said WTF thts a big ass plus for PSVR and a big omission.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
First thing I thought to myself especially after No Man's got it months later and it was a game changer. I was reading a meta versus psvr article and they had a section called "biggest diff between the two" they of course mentioned how meta was wireless but nowhere in sight did thy mention lack of eye tracking hence no foveated rendering, I said WTF thts a big ass plus for PSVR and a big omission.
Eye tracking and foveated rendering are definitely a huge deal, it's what allows the psvr2 outperform very high end PCs.... But it never gets mentioned by the media. Watch when the Quest 4 comes out and finally gets it, they won't shut up about how amazing it is 😒

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Oculus Quest 2 is blowing my mind, once I'm done with PCVR exclusives I'll sell it and get a PSVR2.

I'm setting up the space to have PSVR2 + G29 permanently set up.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oculus Quest 2 is blowing my mind, once I'm done with PCVR exclusives I'll sell it and get a PSVR2.

I'm setting up the space to have PSVR2 + G29 permanently set up.
PSVR2 is Worth it. I'm still in awe playing Resi 4 remake, I love it so much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Chapter 15 been a hell of a ride. Playing on Hardcore (I always choose harder difficulties in games).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is the type of shit Sony needs to be doing. I see Meta is being aggressive why Sony is just being passive with VR. No excuse why this shouldn't be a thing on PSVr2 as well.

1704512284755.png

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just beat Resi 4 PSVR2 on Hardcore!

Took me a little over 34 hours and beat it all in VR. It's a great game and so much more immersive in VR. Got alot of jump scares and felt bad ass with the tons of weapons you can use. Aiming down sights is great and controllers are precise asf.

Now onto TLOU Remake before I jump into Remaster.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is the type of shit Sony needs to be doing. I see Meta is being aggressive why Sony is just being passive with VR. No excuse why this shouldn't be a thing on PSVr2 as well.

View attachment 3527
I noticed Sony doesn’t seem to care about the social aspect of VR at all, just purely gaming. While Meta is heavy into social stuff a lot more than games. It makes sense when PlayStation is a gaming company and Meta is a social media company.

But yeah they need to get some of this stuff on VR2, like VR Chat. Personally I’d never use it but it does make the hardware more compelling.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I noticed Sony doesn’t seem to care about the social aspect of VR at all, just purely gaming. While Meta is heavy into social stuff a lot more than games. It makes sense when PlayStation is a gaming company and Meta is a social media company.

But yeah they need to get some of this stuff on VR2, like VR Chat. Personally I’d never use it but it does make the hardware more compelling.
I don't like Roblox but damn these teens do. My son is 16 and him and all his crew play for hours. You to have these type of games on there, they know this. Shit PS5 just got Roblox only a few months ago while everyone had it for years.